It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lennons 25th Anniversary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Tomorrow Dec 8th, 2005 marks the 25th anniverary of the assisation of John Lennon. Many years ago tomorrow night Mark David Chapman stood outside of Lennon's home in his second stint in New York to complete his task. Just hours before John was photographed signing a copy of his newly released record for Chapman and Lennon politely asked if their was anything he else he could do for him. For this was the man he was, offering any help for a complete stranger, who ended up being the man who took his life. Chapman a useless fool who wanted nothing more then to become a somebody by any means necessary. When his life became of nothing, he began to hear these voices to kill Lennon.

I am a huge fan of Lennon, and just about 2 weeks ago I watched Dateline, it was called The Man who Shot Lennon. Was all about Chapmans trips to New York and what was going through his mind. I was not born until 5 years after his death but am a big as fan as anyone.

I would like for anybody with any thoughts or feelings of Lennon &/or Chapman and this assasination.

Imagine
John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

[edit on 7-12-2005 by chissler]

[edit on 7-12-2005 by chissler]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I read that the anniversary was coming up a few days ago. I though I might post about it but I knew you would do it chissler .

The memory of John Lennon will last forever.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
We still miss you, John...

Imagine all he could have done!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
John Lennon was a great musician and a great person... sad he had to die that way.:shk:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
In the documentary Imagine Their was a hippy wired out on every drug he probably had his hands on. He listened to John's music and felt he was speaking directly to him. He made it a mission to visit Johns house and confront him. Being the man he was, John invited this stranger into his house and fed him and gave him any money he could. He tried to explain to him what his music was about and it was not directly to him. He tried to set him in a straight direction. A man who would of done anything for a complete stranger, did not deserve this.

Can you even believe that Chapman has had the opportunity at parole. He was denied but I believe he is eligible again next year.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I remember that night when I first heard the news of him being shot. Me and my friends just kind of sat around looking at each other silently. It just didn't seem real, it took a while for it to sink in.

It is realy hard to believe that it has been 25 years. Doesn't seem like that long at all. Makes me wonder where the time has gone.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
...all ya need is love

RIP

-UnterMir

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Found this in the "Skunk Works". Looks like it was first posted about a two weeks ago.

Happiness Is A Warm Gun

I would like to see some more digging into Chapmans history. I think I agree with the author of this thread and Sean Lennon.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I just made a post on that above thread, and Please do not allow this thread to turn into a conspiracy. Any thoughts of that sort please be directed to the thread above.

Lets use this thread as a memorial of John Lennon and share any thoughts or stories we may have heard. Personally in times like this I enjoy telling a story of the person as if I knew him personally. Makes for a better story and a better read.

Thank you for your cooperation and keep the recognition for Mr. Lennon coming!

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Mark David Chapman:

"My nobodiness ran into his sombodiness"

On A&E tonight their is a special on the assassination of Lennon, As I sit here watching Cold Case Files they keep advertising it and replaying this direct quote of Chapman.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I met Steve Lightfoot www.lennonmurdertruth.com... in a golf shop in San Jose Ca where I worked. Very interesting character, I might add. We talked for about an hour about his theory that Steven King killed Lennon.

Whoever killed him, it was a shame that he died. I know I'm a little late, but oh well. Better late than never, right?

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I put John Lennon in the same class as the group System of a Down.

I think they are Anti-American idiots but I like their music.

But he didn't deserve to die that way.

top topics

join