It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~ Dragons: The Never-Ending Legend ~

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ants do some interesting stuff shooting acidic chemicals some can even blow themselves up. In one ant species, worker ants will voluntarily commit suicide to defend their colony, exploding themselves by muscular contraction to spray poison over their enemies.

I have say I never heard of ones that breath real fire that would be news to me.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well i have to say that im sitting on the fence with this one, all of the myth and history about dragons convince me one way, but then again i remember reading on a similar thread to this. About all the aerodynamics by a dragon enthuist. He made a 3-d model that could achieve flight but it was of a smaller size dragon than expressed in myths. Anyway.
I thought i would throw in my 2 cents on a theory why we cant find dragon, could they not be inter-dimensional beings? Thats would co-exist with the chinese myth how they can disapear in a instant...plus why we cant find them with radar etc.
But me personaly i think that they use to co-exist with the dinosaur, a few survived the extinction of the dinosaurs, from that time on they have evolve stealth tactics since they no longer had the numbers to protect themselfs.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I truly believe dragons existed but are now most probably extinct or residing in the deep sea.Something pterodactyl perhaps?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlueSoldier
As to Gemwolf's comment about that show, I saw it too! The show stated that dragons had a special enzyme in their stomach that produced helium, which is an extremely light gas that causes lift, which when added to the component of the rapid beating wings could lift a dragon.

Err... I don't recall saying that. Could you quote me or point me at the exact place, please... LoL...

Never mind. You are quite right, BlueSoldier. There are some amazing animals that can do some amazing stuff, often dazzling scientists. Thus the scientific probability of a dragon being the way it is depicted cannot be questioned. (Although I do believe that there were some tails added along the line.) But the truth remains that due to the lack of evidence and "activity" we can with the least amount of doubt say that dragons no longer exist.

But as said, there is well enough proof (maybe misinterpreted) that they did exist maybe as recent as the late Middle Ages. (With hundreds of paintings and stories of brave knights battling dragons.) Is the idea behind "Reign of fire" really that far-fetched? Could it be that the dragons are hibernating deep underground?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

Originally posted by TheBlueSoldier
As to Gemwolf's comment about that show, I saw it too! The show stated that dragons had a special enzyme in their stomach that produced helium, which is an extremely light gas that causes lift, which when added to the component of the rapid beating wings could lift a dragon.

Err... I don't recall saying that. Could you quote me or point me at the exact place, please... LoL...

Never mind. You are quite right, BlueSoldier. There are some amazing animals that can do some amazing stuff, often dazzling scientists. Thus the scientific probability of a dragon being the way it is depicted cannot be questioned. (Although I do believe that there were some tails added along the line.) But the truth remains that due to the lack of evidence and "activity" we can with the least amount of doubt say that dragons no longer exist.

But as said, there is well enough proof (maybe misinterpreted) that they did exist maybe as recent as the late Middle Ages. (With hundreds of paintings and stories of brave knights battling dragons.) Is the idea behind "Reign of fire" really that far-fetched? Could it be that the dragons are hibernating deep underground?

Jeez you contribute and don't even get credit. Hey Soldier, I POSTED IT!!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
oh sorry Gemwolf, It was JackofBlades that said that. Well, my stance on dragons is that they are dinosaurs who haven't gone extinct yet. I don't believe that there was ever a mass extinction millions of years ago that wiped out all of the dinosaurs, I believe that dinosaurs are endangered but still very alive. In fact, there was recently blood vessels and soft tissue found inside a T-rex bone: news.nationalgeographic.com... .

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Maybe Dragons are real? There has to be some truth to the legends.

Where does the idea come from? I am a firm believer that a Person cannot imagine anything they haven't seen.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The Dragon...One of the most imaginative, and powerful symbols in the realm of lore. The real connection that IMO that would correlate to the existence of dragons would be that dinosaurs bones could of been mistaken for them.

In western folklore, they were often associated with knights and castles. Burning down villages, ravaging crops and the land, and stealing (or guarding) wealth, and kidnapping virgin maidens. I recall coming across one website that was specifically about dragons, saying that it was possible that Dragons were often referred and symbolized greedy, noblemen and kings. Which kind of matches the leveling villages, and destroying the land motif. Like Smaugh here.

In Christianity, A dragon, is said to be the Devils true, most primal form and are given the body of wyrm.

While in oriental views, they were considered gods, and guardian spirits, much like western angels. And if I`m correct, angels in anime anyways were considered somewhat deadly, and are always evil in anime.

The dragon was considered a sign of leadership, and immense fortune and wisdom. Much like how Egyptians, would consider the Pharaoh, the Sun God incarnation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join