It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Is it a UFO Or Is It A Meteor - 2nd Round Fiery Object Over Australian Skies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Australian UFO and Police phonelines ran hot for the second time in a week last night with reports of another huge round object lighting up the night skies. The object crossed the skies in South Western NSW and Central Victoria was was described by many as a huge light. Police who witnessed the event near Kyneton on the Calder Highway said the object moved slowly through the skies, much bigger than any star and described it as a huge light, round and with a long tail. The object was visible to the patrolling police officers for 15 to 20 seconds. Media reports the object as a large meteorite.

www.abc.net.au
Victorians from Geelong to Mildura called police after apparently watching the object.

Senior Victorian Constable Peter Bullock and his partner were patrolling the Calder Highway at Kyneton at about 11:20pm AEDT when they saw what they say was a huge light.

"My offsider with me had a look as well and we were just dazzled," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It may well have been a meteorite but once again witness are reporting huge round spheres of light. There have been many reports of other orb like objects in Australian skies over the past few weeks that bring the possibilities forward that these sightings may not be as easily explained as would appear on the surface.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah what are the chances.

Aussie Bloke!

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Mainer]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
you know this is starting to make me think it might be some weapon from china, after china stated about expanding its borders to north America, Canada and Australia. then we have hostages took by china and north Korea. then we got this for a 2nd time.

Now If it was some kind of new weapon wouldn't Australia be one of the best places to test something like that? the USA would not be a good test ground for something like that because of our air defence program is more stable so to speak. just my thoughts...

[edit on 7-12-2005 by St0mP121]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Or it might just be a meteor.
we are passing thru a cosmic cloud... (not the one aussie bloke scares about)
but it is no different than any other metoer storm... just lasts alot longer with a lot less frequency...

I myself have seen a large fireball lately, and a slow moving shooting star...
the fireball maybe lasted 5-7 seconds, with visible burn and flames tail...(much like the video) but lasted far less time...

the shooting star was about 3-5X normal brightness and lasted maybe 2-3 seconds.

sitting in a hottub in your backyard enables you to see all kind of cool phenomena, that others dont have patience for...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ah man, I live around that area and I missed it. Damn, I was asleep by that time. I wonder if anyone got any footage of it like the one in WA. I wished I had of witnessed it myself.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hmmm. Scalar weapons come to mind here. Anybody read the Bright Skies Report?

www.nexusmagazine.com...

Peace,

~Jammer

[edit on 7-12-2005 by jammerman]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
actually, i saw something similar tonight here in central norway. it was way to big to be a ordinary shooting star. it happened to fast to accurately determine size and distance. but it was a little smaller than my fist, and the sighting lasted only 1-2 seconds because the treeline was in the way.
it happened about 20:10 norway-time.
didn't think about it before i read this submission.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I just read about this, and decided to come here to see what others had thought about it.
It sure is a bit curious all these meteorites at the moment. As long as they keep burning up, I'm happy!

Just to add something to the actual story, a news report in The Age reported that the object "split in two" and continued.

"It looked like a falling star. It was going in a north direction, and then it split into two which was quite extraordinary. Normally a falling star would ... fade away - this actually kept going. It looked like it was going to hit the earth," Constable McNair said.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Meteor, Maybe.

We are at the beginning of the Geminid shower.
Which reaches it's peak on Dec. 13/14th.

It's known to have many stragglers, both before and After peak.
This shower is also different, for another reason. It's not connected to a cometary orbit, like the others.
There IS however, something sharing the orbit of this
meteor shower, something called 3200 Phaethon.
Probably an asteroid, or some sort of hybrid comet/asteroid thing.
It has no tail, and does not behave like a comet..So the Jury is still out on that one.

Keep looking up, you might see more..!

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It is one of those things we will never be quite sure about. If the govt. knows they will use it to thier advantage such as disinfo. or such.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
My guess is that what people are seeing is a spaceplane that makes use of external combustion. Such aircraft are supposedly diamiond shaped.

I started a thread about such craft once before... so the info is on ats. I just don't have the time, right now, to try to find that link.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
There is some striking similarities in the sightings between the Western Australian "Object" and the ones sighted over southern NSW and central Victoria.

* Both areas are on the same latitude
* All sightings occured at approximately the same time WA just before 9pm and NSW/VIC just before Midnight, there is a three hour time difference between the two places.
* Vic/NSW had reports over a three night period of three objects all at same time.
* All object went towards the East
* All objects were described as spheres of light with tail developing when object was over to the East
*All tails were described as fireworks but objects as round silvery blue spheres.
* No witness saw any land and burn up.
*No landing areas or craters have been found. (takes time to make a spray perimeter burn at 45 Metres *just swamp gas boys)
*Object over Vic split in two Object over WA was followed quickly by a second smaller one.

Authorities are very publicly asking for all photos and videos of the events.
Witness reports from West Australia described the object visually as larger than football size. Astronomer Peter Birch described the actual object size using his hands as probably the actual size of a football. Peter Birch said the object was hundreds of kilometres up in the atmosphere. If that is the case and witnesses say it looked football size in the sky, then its much bigger than Peter Birches hand movements. For example a jumbo jet flying at 30000 feet looks how big from the ground?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
But you can "see" an object the size of a dust grain, from hundreds of miles away.
At least you can see it's plasma trail as it burns up in the atmosphere.
A pebble, could look huge, as a bolide..

I've seen two, over the years.

One was simply amazing, with a sparkling tail, multi-colored. It looked like
a flaming beachball. It also never landed, it went over the horizon, and eventually
burned itself out..

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hey, I Dont know what exactly to call it. But it was a rock or comet or maybe astronaught # lol.

But anyway Here In Temagami Ontario Canada. (Northern Ontario)
On Dec 13 2005 I Just got Home And Stepped Out Of My Vehicle And Heard This Noise Kinda Like A Blow Torch... It Flew Right Over Us And Then Burned Out Just As It Passed. It Was Very Bright, Had A Stream On Its Tail And I Estimate It Was 100 Ft Above, Even Less ! ! I Heard It Pass Over! ! !

My Friend Later Stoped By And Said He Had Seen It Too, It Was Amazing, He Lives Like 10 Minutes North Of Me. Shure As Hell Wasent A Chineese Rocket. Thought U Would All Like to Know. Maybe It landed On The Ground Or Just Burnt Out. Being Able To Hear It Fly Over My Head Is Too Close For Comfort. IF anyone else knows anything about it please let me know [email protected]

new topics

top topics

join