It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you pick that party?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I know some people are liberitarians, Republicans, and Democrats. I just want to know why you picked that party out of the 500 parties in the US?

Please try not to fight, only debate, be resonable, and sensible. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbfan1
Please try not to fight, only debate, be resonable, and sensible.

That's asking a lot!

I don't belong to a political party, myself, but I imagine people pick their party to be in line with their own personal beliefs. I guess it could be that they "were raised by Republicans and will always be Republican", but more likely they pick a party based on that party's stance on major issues, like abortion, the economy, religion, etc.

I think this is a great way to find which party actually fits a person:

Political Ideology Test

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the quiz.

The thing is I don't if I wanna vote(b/c the county has me registered as a "Democrat", I'm not one. I'm just me. I'll vote for a Backstreet Boy when they run for office ya' know. LOL
:lol
I'm not so sure I wanna vote next term for President or even local elections since most of the ballots seemed to be rigged(Senators, Mayors, etc.), unless we're talking state issues or the lowest of the low on the City Council and even then it may be possible. So I was just curious about everyone on PTS and ATS.

[edit on 12/7/05 by bsbfan1]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I am register with no affiliations.

We were Republicans while my husband was in the service for 22 years, after that we stay Republican until 2004, that is the year we voted democrat for the first time.

At this point I will be very careful how to cast my next vote.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Let's stick to that plan!

Just become the great reserach-alohoclic I am!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm a registered Republican and have been for 25 years. I became a republican because my father told me as a small time business man/manufacturer it would behove me to be in the GOP. He was wrong!!

Now I'm a RINO and proud of it. I would like to bring the GOP back to being the party of Lincoln once again. I feel now the GOP has been coopted by the Religious extreme right wing, with no place for desent or even inquiry.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I just took the test and I'm like Gandhi. Who knew? I am not fond of the toga or bald look but I do wear wire rimmed glasses. Anyway, it was a fun test and it's worth a try "just for fun".

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ok so I am a libertarian with inclination to totalitarianism?

I guess I stay as libertarian.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Liberitarian/Authoritarian, I guess I'm with you.LOL

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I am not a member of any NZ political party. At the last election I voted for the ACT party. For the benfit of people outside of NZ heres a link.
link

I vote for who my conscience told me to. I think people who vote along party lines blindy are foolish. I dont agree with all of the ACT policys but they were the lesser of all the evils.

Just read "US political partys" Mods feel free to get rid of this post if its off topic other wise it can inform members about my 10 cents.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by xpert11]

new topics

top topics

join