It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Game Soundtrack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I was reading ign's 100 greatest games of all time , and i noticed donkey knong wasnt in there.

but any way i thought that donkey kong for snes, and donkey kong 2, have the bestsound track for a game ever.

another really good sound track is the gta series, i love the talk radio

wats others think?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I've always liked the music for the Final Fantasy games. FF7's score is something I will always remember.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Indeed Final fanstasy has some great scores in it, but I would have to say GTA both vice city and san-andreas. Each soundtrack totally captures the mood of each game and...there hilarious.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Big pfffffft! Every "greatest game ....." has people hailing FF7.

Besides, skip two years later and the next FF had a better one. FF8 has one of the best soundtracks I have heard. And it is one of the few times in gaming history that had a real song that didn't seem forced or overly cheesy.

But, on the horizon, I have been playing the shiznite out of Dragon's Quest 8 and it's score is brilliant. Granted, I believe it is all synth but it sounds sooooooo good. Heck, every piece of that music so far is wonderful. If they released the soundtrack on cd, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

And one last one. Chrono Cross was another great soundtrack. It's too bad it came out too close PS2.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'd have to say--for the technology at the time at least--FF 3 (or 6, depending on which side of the Pacific you're on.) It took me maybe 5 or 6 lines in the opera scene before I realized it wasn't digitized audio.

I'd also have to say I like the score on Empire Earth too--there's been a few times I've fired up the intro screen for it just to listen to it

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The original Command and Conquer had an awesome soundtrack for the time. Really matched the mood of the game and sounded great.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
In no order:

Halo 1 & 2
GTA: San Andreas
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (Cant beat a good bit of Godsmack whilst being chased by the Dahaka!)

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne is my all time favorite.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
HALO 1 and 2 are my personal choices. The music is simply fantastic.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
My favorite soundtrack would have to be Baldur's Gate soundtrack for the PC.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
tribes1
command&conquer
wipeout XL

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
tribes1
command&conquer
wipeout XL

Which C&C? Just C&C? A lot of the other C&C's had great music too (Namely C&C RA2)

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
All the Command and Conquers have GREAT soundtracks, except for Generals cuz Frank Klepacki wasnt on it. He does a great job making the songs match the game, and his solo projects are great too. Hell March has to be the BEST video game theme of all time, IMHO.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey

Originally posted by Lysergic
tribes1
command&conquer
wipeout XL

Which C&C? Just C&C? A lot of the other C&C's had great music too (Namely C&C RA2)

I guess I should've said Command&Conquer(s) good games all had great music!

nod@dlm

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Max Payne is pretty good, IMO!

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
C'mon ppl.

Diablo.....remember the guitar theme when you entered your village.

We have guys at work that play this soundtrack while they work.

It freaks you out, takes you right back to the game.

Other choices would be Balders Gate 2 IceWind Dale, and Halo2.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I've always liked the music for the Final Fantasy games. FF7's score is something I will always remember.

Thats funny you say that. "Sepiroth" I think thats how you spell it. That song from the final battle sticks has stuck in my head for years. Probably because the first time I beat that game, I wasn't all that leveled up, and didn't have the "KOTR", and hence spent about an hour in the battle.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just posted this on another thread before I found this one.

Spyro, no doubt. Stewart Copeland's work on the soundtrack. I could listen to it all day.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ok I'm going to say that the best soundtrack of all is that of Super Smash Bros. Melee. But runners up in no particular order include;

1. Hitman 2
  2. Star Wars Battlefront (what can I say, the Imperial March is a great song)
  3. Battlefield 1942
  4. Starcraft
  5. Starfox 64
  6. Starfox Assualt
  7. Battlefield Vietnam (War is the best song from that era IMO)
  8. Age of Mythology

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Aww, c'mon. It's gotta be Quake.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join