It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Withdrawal Urged by Hostage (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
New video footage has emerged showing British hostage, Norman Kemper (Aged 74), calling for the withdrawal of British troops from Iraq. Norman Kemper, along with three others, were kidknapped by a group calling themselves the Swords of Truth, accusing them of spying for foreign forces, on November 26 in Baghdad.

news.bbc.co.uk
New video footage has emerged in which British hostage Norman Kember calls for UK troops to be pulled out of Iraq.
"I ask Mr Blair to... leave the Iraqi people to come to their own decisions on their government," says Mr Kember, 74, and from Pinner, London.

The peace activist and three other Westerners seized in Baghdad last month were shown in handcuffs and shackles.

The kidnappers have threatened to kill them if Iraqi detainees in the country are not freed by Thursday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

We've seen this scenario many times before in the past. War is a very brutal thing and many lives are lost. I believe that we should prevent further loss of life where ever possible. It's not right to threaten the lives of innocent men in order to free prisoners of war.

These men went to Iraq with the Christian Peacemaker Team (CPT), an international peace group, in order to do good and in return have been captured and their lives used as blackmail.

I sincerely hope they are freed unharmed.

[edit on 6-12-2005 by xeroxed88]

[edit on 12/9/05 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
unfortunately, these people dont care about human life. nick berg is a perfect example. he was a pro-muslim journalist, trying to tell the story from the extremists point of view...look what it got him.

these people are animals. i too hope the hostages are released, but i just dont think there is much hope of that happening, short of a military rescue.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
In addition there are reports of a U.S. security consultant now being held hostage.

U.S. MAN KIDNAPPED IN IRAQ

6 December 2005; 1530 hours ET: Iraqi terrorists under the name of the Islamic Army in Iraq claims to have kidnapped a U.S. security consultant working for the Iraqi Housing Ministry and is threatening to kill him in 72 hours -or in about 48 hours from now- unless the U.S. frees all Iraqi prisoners.

Ronald Alan SCHULZ, was reportedly kidnapped by terrorists and videotaped. In a tape shown by al Jazeera, SCHULZ is shown with his hands tied behind his back. The video also shows an American passport and an Arabic identity card bearing the name of Ronald SCHULZ.

The normal news is barely reporting on this as far as I can see.

[edit on 12/6/05 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

these people dont care about human life. nick berg is a perfect example.

I guess you dont read much do ya??

Analysis of the Al Qaeda Beheading Video of Nick Berg

It was Americans who killed him.. Not some crazy ass Iraqi.. or terrorist or whatever...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The two peace activists whom are being held by the terrorists are Canadians. It was just a matter of time before this was going to happen. These are very sad times.

news.yahoo.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit: added links

[edit on 12-7-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by thichheaded
I guess you dont read much do ya??

Analysis of the Al Qaeda Beheading Video of Nick Berg

It was Americans who killed him.. Not some crazy ass Iraqi.. or terrorist or whatever...

yes, i read that whole thread quite some time ago...guess you didnt read my comments in it either, huh?

i knew one of you would have to say something as soon as i mentioned berg. well, youre certainly entitled to that opinion, but my analysis of that video is quite different from yours.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   

In addition there are reports of a U.S. security consultant now being held hostage.

The "Islamic Army in Iraq" has released on the infovlad.net website, which frequently posts links to jihadi video releases from Iraq, a video of this American hostage, Ronald Alan Schulz.

An Arabic voice on the video says: "You are waiting for a missing person who will never return." (more)

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Update:

The UK foreign secretary has repeated calls to release four Western hostages after their kidnappers said they would not be killed for another two days.

Full Story

[edit on 8-12-2005 by xeroxed88]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The Iraqi group is now reporting that they have killed the US Contractor
Yahoonews

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Is it me or is there a lack of concern being had by the governments of the countries concerned?!

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
er, what?

The lack of concern is from the people that kidnapped and murdered these guys.

What the hell is the government supposed to do? Do what these guys demand? And then what happens when more of them do the same? Give in to their demands also? Now these hostage taking and killings are just political events and showmanship, give in to their demands, and it will be a way for them to acheive tactical and strategic success, and be used more.

The italian government gave over a million dollars to these groups to free some italian hostages. That was early in the insurgency. A million dollars can go a long way in supporting an insurgency.

new topics

top topics

join