It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wormholes, are they possible on Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Are wormholes possible on earth? I know wormholes are a theory but if they were possible could they be made here on Earth?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Rough out this first equation in your head and consider the next diagram.

Then relate this equation into the concept above.

I think that should sum up the topic, unless there are any questions???

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
LoL thats way too much for my simple brain. I am a biomedical electronics tech. not a physicist. But thanks for the cerebral meltdown.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I had no idea what to say about the topic you brought up, and I saw you were fairly new to ATS, so I had some fun.
I just did a few screen captures from
www.zamandayolculuk.com...
and I posted a bunch of BS that I don't understand myself.

But hey, the hour is getting late, and the bottle is getting low.......

It would be cool if you could walk into a wormhole on Earth and step out on the Moon or a Mars colony like Stargate SG1, but I have no idea as to how possible it would be????
Hopefully someone else can answer your question with a little less levity and a bit more knowledge.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
There are more than one type of wormholes in my experience.

Are you refering to the night crawler or red wiggler style?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't see why not, the only problem you'd have, is if the wormhole opened into a vaccuum, or into an atmosphere realy different from ours, for that you'd need some kind of barrier, but as for establishing a wormhole on Earth, yeah it is theoretically possible.

Of course, just like anywhere you would open it, there might be anomalies, if it's a temporal wormhole (I.E. TimeTravel), than you might have some temporal radiation in a certain area.

If it's a spatial wormhole (I.E. One that connects two points in our universe together), than you might have some spatial warping in the vicinity of it, most likely in the area around the edges of the wormholes event horizon.

If it's a trans-universal wormhole (I.E. One that connects two [or more] seperate universes.), well than, I have no ideas whaty kind of effects might occur.

[edit on 12/7/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Can't really give you a mathematical answer only a theory:

In theory, worm holes are created when there are two separate 'holes' in space/time that are somehow 'linked' or joined. Passing through one end, you would instantly exit the other, no matter the location, bypassing all 3 dimensional space between. To put a hole in the fabric of space/time, HUGE gravitation forces are needed. Blackholes are the only know objects that possess this amount of gravity. This is still theory. (As far as i know
)

Now there are two main problems:
- Containing the destructive forces of the blackhole so it is stable enough to be situated on earth without sucking it into oblivion.
- Linking this hole to another, be it somewhere on earth or anywhere else in the universe to create the wormhole.

Now unless we find a way to contain the super massive amounts of gravity needed for blackholes so they don't suck up our entire galaxy let alone earth, I cant see this happening.

There maybe different ways other than using gravity to create a hole in space/time. This would be a more feasible option, because I don't like the idea of having a blackhole here on earth
. If only we knew how...

top topics

join