It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi insurgents caused millions of dollars damage to US (with pictures)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

After we won the war with Germany
the insurgents there continued for three years. They called
themselves the SS Werewolves. They did many of the same
type of things that the insurgents in Iraq are doing. Eventually
the Germans themselves got tired of the Werewolves and had
protests and the such to help get rid of them.

Pure BS.

The "Werewolves" pretty much ceased to exist within weeks of the surrender. Their only major actions occured before the surrender.

There was no signifigant insurgency in Germany after the war, it's a myth. Post V-E day, Werewolf activity consisted mostly of graffiti. They did manage to kill a few soldiers in occupied parts of Germany, assasinate the mayor of Aachen, and one of Gen Montgomery's aides - all before the surrender.

There was nothing in postwar Germany even remotely similar to what we're facing in Iraq. It's another cute piece of disinfo by the far right to justify the ongoing mess in Iraq.
Look it up.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Considering the topic robertfenix is the first to be absolutely dead on correct.

For the rest, Watergate, I’m not a crook, Cambodia, etc. Same old crap.

Wake up people, it is again dark in America, and they’re playing a re-run.

“Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over”

To all Bush and War defending patriots, talk is cheap, go sign up and pull your own weight. Then you can tell whom ever you want how it is.

FlyersFan

“Now ... as far as the insurgents go... YES, they will stop.
Take a look at WWII. After we won the war with Germany
the insurgents there continued for three years. They called
themselves the SS Werewolves.”

Been watching Discovery channel? A good start, books are better.

“The war has been won by us already.
The Iraqis are free, and they are voting.
The Insurgents will eventually die off or
be ousted by the Iraqis themselves as
time goes on. This is how it always has
worked historically. This is how it most
likely will work again.”

Stop watching TV, it will ruin your eyes, stay in school and listen to your parents.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'll ask again.
Is it good judgement, to post pics like the ones in the opening post?
If it IS good judgement, why?

I suppose it depends on your point of reference, right?
It depends on what your preferred outcome to all this IS, right?

or am I wrong?

[edit on 7-12-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
hmmm, I'm actually not happy with your post Spacedoubt!!

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Nice pictures.
What was your judgement process in posting these?

In the States we don't see this kind of pictures, unless you find it in some websites. Perhaps I don't watch frequently TV to see those pictures.
My intension was to say to all of you that those insurgents cause the US millions of dollars damage.
Insurgents don't have any military value. If we compare them to one US soldier the enemy will scare to death.
Tanks and helicopters are not made to be taken down by insurgents! Or do you disagree?

DO you think this affects the resolve of the United States?
Maybe we'll cut n run, if we see more of these?

absolutely not. If we cut 'n run, it makes the US a loser. Is the US a loser? With all respect, I don't think so. If you want to cut 'n run, please be my guest.

Maybe it was to provide psychological ammunition, to those who are against us winning this war..Some of whom even live in the US, and post in this thread?

hmmm, have you seen the pictures of the boys being killed by the insurgents in Iraq ? Horrible! Do you want more dead Americans? I don't want that.
About those who live in the States and hate the country, let me please say this to them: just go back to your homeland. No bad feelings!

Unless, that is, YOU are the enemy..And I don't think you are

me? an enemy of the States! Ok, So, if I show those pictures to my neighbours in LA it makes me an enemy? hmm, Hollywood should make a movie about me: "Aria, state enemy number one".
4 friends of mine are fighting in Iraq. Do you think I want them dead? Come oooooooooooooon! I don't want to see another Vietnam.

I shall say no more!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
aria,

I said I didn't think you were an enemy.
I was merely questioning your judgement.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kasra

The sooner the war is allowed to be fought.
The lower the number of casualties.

How long do you want it to take?
How many lives do you want it to take? apparently more.

We're in it, to win it.

Define "win".

The successful transfer of security operations to Iraqi troops and the switching of coalition forces to an inferior roll.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kasra
You've already destroyed the country yourself. I don't recall dozens of suicide bombings killing countless civillians every day.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Kasra]

I recall Saddam killing thousands of Kurds (men, women, and children) a day with weapons of mass destruction.

I also remember Saddam's payment of 25,000 dollars to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers.

Not to mention the thousands of men women and children being tortured in his jails.

The moral argument for the war is one the liberals cannot win.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by aria

Just unbelievable that this humvee's, trucks, tanks and helicopters were destroyed by insurgents!

There is a reason war is the most profitable business. I hope you really did not think the US was really figthing terror
. Or even better looking for WMD ? If that was the case they would have invaded Israel 30 years ago, but i like said its all about business

[edit on 7-12-2005 by helium3]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

and why are we in a war..?
I'll do this again, once more..It's getting old, explaning the obvious.
War was declared against terrorism, specifically the islamic extreme flavor.
Remember 9-11? remember Iraq supporting terrorism? Remember WMD's?
And don't feed em the "Bush lied" garbage one more time.
If he lied, EVERYBODY lied. Did everbody lie?

Bush Lied - thats teh only truth amoungst all of this.

As soon as you realise that , then your opinion will change.

Intersting pic of the holed M1A1 - anyone have any other sources as to when that occured?

Democrates lied that's the truth in this. They will say and do anything to get elected even if it hurts the country.

“One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line.”
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

“If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction program.”
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

“Iraq is a long way from USA but, what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face.”
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

“He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983.”
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

“We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S.Constitution and Laws, to take necessary actions, (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq’s refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs.”
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

“Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.”
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

“Hussein has .. chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies.”
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

“There is no doubt that … Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue a pace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies.”
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

“We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them.”
Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

“We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country.”
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

“Iraq’s search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.”
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

“We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction.”
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

“The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons…”
Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

“I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force– if necessary– to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security.”
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

“There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years … We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction.”
Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

“He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do” Rep.
Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

“In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program.
He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons.”
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

“We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction.”
Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

“Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation … And now he is miscalculating America’s response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction… So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real …”
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan.23.2003 .

quotes compiled here

[edit on 7-12-2005 by killirl]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
We all hate war profiteers right? Bush & co are BUSINESSMEN. He makes money through OIL. look at the pump prices going to RECORD HIGHS. It's all our money he's taking. HALIBURTON, NO-BID CONTRACTS, this stuff is all common knowledge. You want to see a war profiteer? Look in the whitehouse!! One thing I know is that I will never know how much money these guys are making whilst the American economy dissapears down the toilet. Obviously, the Bush family is going to be one of the richest in the world by now. How much do you reckon they're worth? A Billion? A hundred Billion? I bet you will NEVER know how much of America's money they have managed to grab, just because they don't appear on any rich-lists doesn't mean they aren't up there. This war has made these guys HUGE PERSONAL Fortunes. I wouldn't mind so much except that they were all already rich. Just remember, as they go up we (the public) go down. Each dollar in their pocket is one that used to belong to somebody else. Yours. Also, don't worry about terrorism, it's not that scary at all. I live in London and we had the IRA trying to kill us all on our way to work for years. Since NORAID made the IRA one of the richest (still are today) terrorist organisations in the world by donations by american citizens, that kind of makes the British public subject to a 30+ year terror campaign backed both financially and ideologically by a large percentage of the American population. Cheers guys, thanks a lot for that. How the hell am I supposed to feel about this as a UK national?

Have a word with yourself

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

aria,

I said I didn't think you were an enemy.
I was merely questioning your judgement.

Spacedoubt,

I know you didn't think that. Thats why you said: "and I don't think you are"!!

But I had to answer like that. Sorry if I attacked you!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
killirl,

We're supposed to pretend that none of the above quotes ever happened.
shhhh....
Sit back and watch History in the re-making...

aria,
No problem..friends?

[edit on 7-12-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie Peoples
We all hate war profiteers right? Bush & co are BUSINESSMEN. He makes money through OIL. look at the pump prices going to RECORD HIGHS. It's all our money he's taking. HALIBURTON, NO-BID CONTRACTS, this stuff is all common knowledge. You want to see a war profiteer? Look in the whitehouse!! One thing I know is that I will never know how much money these guys are making whilst the American economy dissapears down the toilet. Obviously, the Bush family is going to be one of the richest in the world by now. How much do you reckon they're worth? A Billion? A hundred Billion? I bet you will NEVER know how much of America's money they have managed to grab, just because they don't appear on any rich-lists doesn't mean they aren't up there. This war has made these guys HUGE PERSONAL Fortunes. I wouldn't mind so much except that they were all already rich. Just remember, as they go up we (the public) go down. Each dollar in their pocket is one that used to belong to somebody else. Yours. Also, don't worry about terrorism, it's not that scary at all. I live in London and we had the IRA trying to kill us all on our way to work for years. Since NORAID made the IRA one of the richest (still are today) terrorist organisations in the world by donations by american citizens, that kind of makes the British public subject to a 30+ year terror campaign backed both financially and ideologically by a large percentage of the American population. Cheers guys, thanks a lot for that. How the hell am I supposed to feel about this as a UK national?

Have a word with yourself

Non partisan sources to support these wild claims?

The American economy disappearing down the drain you say? What about the non-stop economic growth despite natural disasters and 9/11?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

We're supposed to pretend that none of the above quotes ever happened.

Instead, we should look at the quotes and realize the majority of the Democratic leadership are idiots too, if not quite as enthusiastic about their idiocy.

The Democrats are, at best, a slightly lesser evil.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Since I dont know what the point of this thread I will add my 10 cents.
Power was handed over to the interim Iraqi government far to soon. The foundation of goverance dont exist How could it after Saddam rule?
The US is attempting to hold up the roof of a building without a foundation or walls.

I have heard the argument that the insurgents will be defeated by the political process it would be nice to think this but the people who say this are wearing rose tinted glasses. The insurgents have nither the understanding nor more impotantly the will to take part in any future government of Iraq.

Even if the insurgents had more peaceful aims who in there right mind would stand under a roof that isnt supported by walls ?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This thread is so funny.

Anyway - Fullajah - WMD`s have been used; the us forces have killed more people with *chemical* weapons in the space of a few months than sadam did in his entire reign (using *chemical* weapons)

And as to those pictures : this website is on the internet - the internet is not based in one country , its global ; so therefore other countries have access to it.

And thus *may* have different opions than your own.

edited for my poor spelling

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Harlequin]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
And my opinion is that some things, presented in such a way.
May have implications, other than the original reason for their presentation.
Thats where judgement comes into play.

And yes this is the internet.
Some places get more "hits" than others. You know that.
Some places have much more exposure..

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
“I'll ask again.
If it IS good judgement, why?”

Spacedoubtm, it’s called democracy, freedom of speech, etc. Exactly what we are trying to “share” with Iraqis.

It’s neither judgment nor opinion, its reality, plain and simple. It is amazing that our media actually achieved a complete and total victory over the concept “one picture tells a thousand words”.

Definition of victory -“The successful transfer of security operations to Iraqi troops and the switching of coalition forces to an inferior roll.”

Wrong, that’s just another phase of civil war, or armed conflict between various indigenous factions, and it’s exactly what is happening in Iraq.

“I recall Saddam killing thousands of Kurds (men, women, and children) a day with weapons of mass destruction.”

Stop making me laugh. The Killing of Kurds was done with the very WMD that WE have sold him, for use on Iran. Kurds were gassed because WE sponsored and trained them against Saddam. When he found out, we as usually cut our losses and RAN, while Saddam retaliated against innocent people. Currently WE are the ones using WMD on civilians.

Want more? Hang on there sport.

“I also remember Saddam's payment of 25,000 dollars to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers.”

Jesus man, open up a history book. The amount of our taxes spent on assassinations, covert operations, regime over throws, drug running, etc, pale in comparison.

”Not to mention the thousands of men women and children being tortured in his jails.
The moral argument for the war is one the liberals cannot win.”
We are right NOW, torturing people around the world against ALL laws, conventions, treaties, and trying to LEGALIZE it, so quit trying to be holier then thou.

The very problem with Saddam’s trial right now, and it is openly spoken about even in our media, is that it’s proving extremely difficult to convict him of ANYTHING with out opening a giant can of worms implicating US and Europe in EXACTLY the same crimes.

“There is a reason war is the most profitable business. I hope you really did not think the US was really figthing terror . Or even better looking for WMD ? If that was the case they would have invaded Israel 30 years ago, but i like said its all about business”

There you go, a voice of reason.

“Democrates lied that's the truth in this. They will say and do anything to get elected even if it hurts the country.”

It’s ok bud, relax, the world IS really flat, at least for some of us, so kick back a pop open a frosty one.

All the quotes you got there are the FALSE intelligence PLANTED by the interested parties, and it’s under INVESTIGATION right now. At least turn on C-SPAN or something, man.

I’m wasting my time with this anyway, because it simply doesn’t matter what anybody says to you, you’ll be this thick to the end of your days, but if you try to boldly venture out into the field of economical factoids again, just an advice, don’t, ‘cause I’ll be here for that one.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by iskander]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by iskander
“I'll ask again.
If it IS good judgement, why?”

Spacedoubtm, it’s called democracy, freedom of speech, etc. Exactly what we are trying to “share” with Iraqis.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by iskander]

Freedom of speech is a big responsibility.
You can say pretty much what you want, within reason.
Thats why people need to use their own, personal filter.

A simple example:
Wife asks: Does this dress make me look fat?
Husband says: ????

You should always consider the implications.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Pure BS.

The "Werewolves" pretty much ceased to exist within weeks of the surrender. Their only major actions occured before the surrender.

There was no signifigant insurgency in Germany after the war, it's a myth. Post V-E day, Werewolf activity consisted mostly of graffiti. They did manage to kill a few soldiers in occupied parts of Germany, assasinate the mayor of Aachen, and one of Gen Montgomery's aides - all before the surrender.

There was nothing in postwar Germany even remotely similar to what we're facing in Iraq. It's another cute piece of disinfo by the far right to justify the ongoing mess in Iraq.
Look it up.

So I looked it up and this is what I found. I think it corroborates FlyersFan statement more than your own. Just trying to get the factual information down.

In the months and years following the end of the World War Two, Allied forces faced a series of bombings and attacks in occupied Germany.

Nazi loyalists attempted to derail the rebuilding process by killing any Germans collaborating with the enemy. And the mysterious SS-Werewolves underground organization boasted of the coming rebirth of the Party.

"The Last Nazis" will explore how the SS-Werewolves terrorized military and civilian targets behind enemy lines such as industrial plants, fuel depots, supply lines, and stray soldiers.

link

[edit on 8-12-2005 by CogitoErgoSum1]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join