It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was Not Black

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
SAINT4GOD....
in mMATTHEWS jesus basically says that even if you break gods comandments you will be the least called upon yet he didnt say you would not recieve god also in revelations god brings forth all the dead in order to judge them ..this is the ultimate recieving of god.....also if jesus died for mankinds sins would this not be recieving a represe from god.......

JOHN3:3-21
beloved ,if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward god

i

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
SAINT4GOD....
in mMATTHEWS jesus basically says that even if you break gods comandments you will be the least called upon yet he didnt say you would not recieve god also in revelations god brings forth all the dead in order to judge them ..this is the ultimate recieving of god.....also if jesus died for mankinds sins would this not be recieving a represe from god.......

There is a condition which he sets. We'll discuss that here:

JOHN3:3-21
beloved ,if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward god
i

There's a lot more to it. Some things to note I'll bold:

"For God so love the world, He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

"...that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life."

"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

"Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed."

What this passage says gives a great glance of what the whole Bible is saying is the key to heaven. Here it is. He's not just a prophet, man, miracle worker, and teacher. Believe/trust in Christ Jesus, Son of God as living saviour and lord. If you haven't received the free gift of eternal life and would like to, feel free to send U2U.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
i apologies for not giving you exactly what you asked i didnt clearly understand you exact question, but your arguement does not sway me from my prophet theory but since it is my own theory i do not try to persuade people of this.......i believe we are all gods creation and that jesus was not trying to tell us that he was the only son but that we are all his children.......i coould be wrong and maybe there is a passage at which jesus says hes gods only son ....if you have a passage or something like it then please point it out as i would be very thankful to you....

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

i apologies for not giving you exactly what you asked i didnt clearly understand you exact question,

No worries, I'm trying to get your full meaning, which is why I'm asking.

but your arguement does not sway me

It's not my argument. I quoted Jesus in the book of John.

from my prophet theory but since it is my own theory i do not try to persuade people of this.......i believe we are all gods creation and that jesus was not trying to tell us that he was the only son but that we are all his children.......

Jesus says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son..."

i coould be wrong and maybe there is a passage at which jesus says hes gods only son ....if you have a passage or something like it then please point it out as i would be very thankful to you....

Certainly. John 3:16, within that chapter is what I'm primarily quoting.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
in my book JOHN 3:16 says

"HEREBY percieve we the love of god, because he laid down his life for us, and we ought to laydown our lives for the brethren

also JOHN 3 says

"Behold what manner of love the father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons od god therefore the world knowest us not, because it knew him not....

although in my other bible which i refuse to read becuz the translation is dictated to you i do find the quote you gave

[edit on 7-12-2005 by plague]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

in my book JOHN 3:16 says

"HEREBY percieve we the love of god, because he laid down his life for us, and we ought to laydown our lives for the brethren

also JOHN 3 says

"Behold what manner of love the father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons od god therefore the world knowest us not, because it knew him not....

although in my other bible which i refuse to read becuz the translation is dictated to you i do find this.....

Oh oh! You're in 1 John, not the gospel of John. Can you back up 18 books to the gospel?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Do you have information as when the Church adopted
the multiracial point of view?

From the information I have, there was no 'decree' as such
from Rome. The Roman Catholic Church is all over the world
and embraces many cultures. Each has, throughout time,
had their own art work depicting their own heritage.

Example - Our Lady of Guadalupe, from the time of Martin Luther,
is from Mexico. She is depicted as Mexican/Indian in heritage.

The Philadelphia Museum of Art, just up the road from us, has a
large religious art section. There are pieces in the museum from
the 1100's and up. Different time periods and different parts of
the world have Christ, Mary, Joseph, and the rest all looking very
different, with different heritages.

It just depends on what part of the world you are looking at
and what time period for the art work.

If you are to take a HISTORICAL look at what Jesus most likely
looked like - He was most likely Olive skinned with darker hair
and dark eyes. NOT black and NOT white.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
my bad your right i found it in my big bible....it does say that i was in the wrong johns.......but hey that did further my position on everone being the son of god...not just jesus.......

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by glan
Who cares what color he was!

Google up black Jesus. There are tons of people,
some with alleged credentials of being college
professors, trying to push onto people that Christ
is black and it's a black power thing.

This is historical hogwash. It's making Christ into
something He wasn't ... and using that to push a
militant political agenda.

It's been done before, yes. And it's still wrong.

I kinda wish He had been black. That would have
been cool. It really would take the ooooomph out
of those who think the black race are the sons
of Cain and that they are all marked for automatic
Hell. (yep, those people actually exhist. )

[edit on 12/7/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You will not find anything about ... Black , Green , Yellow , White, Red , Gold .. in the bible .. Well .. Gold . there is alot of I take that back ...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Those of you whom know him .. know he doesn't appear in a color ...This thread has been brought about not by a christian .... and if it was ... then that person needs to reevaluate the thier relationship with Christ.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

my bad your right i found it in my big bible....it does say that i was in the wrong johns.......but hey that did further my position on everone being the son of god...not just jesus.......

In 1 John, the first one you read, it says "children" with a lower case c, meaning us seeing God as the Father. Now check the gospel of John 3:16, that's where the capital letters start coming out where Jesus says, "...God sent His one and only Son". Notice the S is capitalized, because it is the name and title for Jesus. In the beginning of John when it says "...the Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only who came from the Father full of grace and truth". (John 1:14). Notice here the words that are capitalized - "Word", "One" and "Only", all of which are titles for Jesus and the emphasis that He is the One born from God. It's a great gospel to start with I think that explains these things best. Matthew I think is better for believers who are looking for daily guidance.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

From the information I have, there was no 'decree' as such
from Rome. The Roman Catholic Church is all over the world
and embraces many cultures. Each has, throughout time,
had their own art work depicting their own heritage.

Thanks FlyersFan I used to keep on top of anything Catholic but since I left the Island 24 years ago I kind of lost track of things.

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i did not know or realize the cap letter thing. i will keep this in mind. also thank you for taking your time to talk to me.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I forget what scripture in the Bible says this but I do remember reading that " He had feet the color of bronze and hair like a lambs wool. " bronze being the shade of most natural Africans. It is also Important to point out that the original Hebrews were not light in color. Only through centuaries of interbreeding with other races(european) did their pigment begin to become what it is today.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Ahh, right you are! When Christ referred to Himself as the son of God, He was not making a claim to divinity as some people claim. As you pointed out, Son of God is used to reference men and angels; it has fleshy overtones. The question is, was this the title Jesus used for himself most often? The answer is no.

Jesus called himself the Son of Man almost 80 times throughout the Gospels. So what does that mean? Was he humbling Himself and identifying with we fleshy little folks the Father created, or was there something more?

It was something more.

Daniel 7 is where the term "Son of Man" is used, and it is used to denote the divine. While we may look at the term Son of Man as meaning something mundane, the Pharisees, or those who knew Jewish law inside and out, knew exactly what Christ was saying. There is no question He was claiming divinity. Doing other things, like telling the lame dude that his sins were forgiven, freakin' out the Pharisees, on top of this leaves very little indication Jesus didn't think He was God.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I found this interesting in some historical portraits of Jesus.

After the time of Constantine (4th Century C.E.) it was a thime in which Christian theologians were opposed to what they though were pagan portrayals of Jesus by the orthodox Christians.

In this time it was believe that Jesus image was not to be displayed in any way including the apostles, Joseph and Mary.

At this time Jesus was given long hair but the fashion of the time called for crop short hair between the Jews of the time.

The following quote from Theodorus Lector of the early 500's A.D. as excerpted from Nicephoras callistus Xanthopoulos'church history, 1,15: explain what was been done to Jesus image.

www.britannica.com...

It was claimed that Jesus likeness should be more like Zeus (With long hair)

But the Author Theodorus Lector says that the real Jesus hair was short, frizzy hair.

Before the time of Constantine in orthodox circles in rares occasions in which Jesus was portrayed he was shown as being youthful, without a beard and with short hair.

By the fourth century this description of Jesus was not accepted by Christians and the looks of the pagan god Zeus was added to him.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
in the beginning of the new testament jesus proclaims that he is here to uphold the laws givin to the hebrew community thru moses by god....in gods instructions to moses he says that hebrews are not to cut the hair by there temples or there beard......so that would mean that jesus would have a beard and most probably have long hair.....and yes it is possible to have long hair that is the texture of wool..just ask any old hippie with dreads.......

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Infa_Red Thanks For Validating my point. It's not that hard to see.
Honestly it doesn't matter what color so to say he was... just what he did. When you see a thread saying Jesus was not Black when that is how he is clearly described in the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth(BIBLE).
So for those who are stating otherwise have either never read the Bible fully or are going off what they are comfortable accepting. It doesn't say Feet of olive... brown and olive are two different colors bronze is based from brown, and olive is based from green. So I would think if his complexion was olive then it would've been stated. Look at a piece of bronze and look at an olive side by side and what do you see. It's not brain science. Touch a black man's hair and touch a hippie's hair and tell me which one feels like wool, not looks like wool. We are here to deny Ignorance, not perpetuate it.....

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
where in the bible does it state that that it felt like lambs wool???????
when did hebrews become black???????? becuz the bible is a clear recalling of hebrew/jewish tradition from the old test all the way up to the knew test. or is this something you want to leave out...to believe in jesus is to believe in the knew test. to believe in the knew test you must believe on the old and the old is clearly about the hebrew descendents...so at what point did the hebrews become black?? david was hebrew he was from the middle east.....look at modern day jews and there islamic cousins there skin is dark actually it is ecactly bronze not black .....also look at there features ..this is not meant as a racist statement but hebrews and islamics do not have african features.......they are both descendents af abraham and jesus was of hebrew descent....so there for jesus is not black and to think that after reading the bible is to discont what the bible says remember bronze is not black ......no matter what you have been told.....besides jesus stated he as the king of the jewish people......some of them believed enough to follow him all over the place.....do you think at those times when people were very much segregated (way more than now) that they would have listend to him if he were not of the same race....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join