It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The " real" weapons of mass destruction.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Kilco,

In regards to the technological capabilities ... I'll leave you with this.
Jane’s Notes Trends of Maneuverable, Ship-Launched Missiles

Just a quickie (i.e. food for thought)...

I recall reading several articles recently addressing successful targetting redirection during inflight exercises. Actual launches with successful in-flight alteration of target coordinates.

Again, this has only been tested/confirmed with outgoing missiles.
I'll find the referenced articles ... here in a bit ...

Peace2All

[edit on 12/8/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The Russians just redirected an ICBM test in midflight. So it's possible with something like an ICBM, but I don't know of any way with a plane. ICBMs and A2A missiles are MADE to accept remote steering signals. Commercial planes aren't.

[edit on 12/8/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I honestly do believe that altering the course of an aircraft would be quite impossible, the only way I could see it possible is if the aircraft itself is remotely flown from a ground base. Then of course signals can be intercepted and flight paths can be altered, but even then, to alter a flight path on a UAV of sorts, would take many hours would it not?(Based on what I remember Intelgurl saying once when we brought up a "Matrix" scenario with UCAVs).

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I suppose the course of a hostile plane/missile could be changed quite simply - especially one with fly-by-wire.

Fry the electronics with a microwave burst - aren't there other posts on this on the forum?

OK, so you wont have 'control' of the aircraft, but neither will the enemy - better than nothing I'd guess.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I totally forgot about this lame thread.

Now, back to the topic(s).

You are not a Lt. General. No LTG would be that sloppy in grammar. No LTG would use the excuse of "My kids do it all the time!" A private wouldn't even use that excuse, for that matter.

Are yopu alleging to be a retired gen'ral, or an active duty one, and, as I asked before, where might you be stationed? I'm sure you can at least give a country. I can understand you not wanting to be specific as you wouldn't want your superiors (spelling not sic, and I wanted it to be known) to see your communication skills.

Where are you, gen'ral?

Once an officer enters the Armey, it is the job of an NCO to train him and watch over him. If you are actually a general, there are several NCO's who should be lined up and shot for this. Of course, there is no great threat of this being the case, is there?

Yup, I smell a whole kettle of fish.

In what country are you stationed? Are you staff or command?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join