It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Five Bombings In Spain After ETA Warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Spanish Basque separatist group ETA ave reportedly detonated five bombs on the roads of Madrid. The explosions happened after ETA threatened a grenade attack on Spain's Santander airport. The airport was evacuated but no attack took place. There have been no casualties reported in the attacks.

www.itv.com
At least five small blasts have been reported on roads in Madrid following earlier threats from armed Basque separatist group ETA.

ETA was reported to have threatened a grenade attack on Spain's Santander airport.

Police said the airport was evacuated but that no attack took place.

The warning was given to a Basque newspaper following reports that the separatist group would not call a ceasefire until the Spanish and French governments made concessions to their demands.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

ETA must halt their attacks if they want politicians to take them seriously.

The Spansh government have stated that they will enter negotiations if ETA cease harmful activity, so why cant they call a ceasefire???

Hopefully ETA will soon realise that negotiation is the only way forward and follow in the footsteps of the IRA by laying down their weapons.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.foxnews.com
www.sky.com

[edit on 6/12/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally From BBC News
An anonymous caller claiming to represent Eta told the authorities just after 1400 (1300 GMT) on Tuesday that five bombs had been placed on roads around Madrid.

The bombs went off between 1500 and 1530 beside three of Madrid's ring-roads and on motorway exits to Barcelona and La Coruna.

Interior Minister Jose Antonio Alonso said the blasts were "another demonstration of senseless violence and only confirm that we have to continue fighting Eta with all the might of the democratic state".

Earlier on Tuesday, police blamed Eta for planting a small bomb outside a post office in the northern town of Alsasua. The pre-dawn blast caused no injuries and little material damage.

Link To Full Story!

Mic

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

ETA must halt their attacks if they want politicians to take them seriously.

youre kidding, right? the spanish government has already shown that terrorist actions will cause them to cave in. what did they think would happen? cave in to al qaieda, and every terrorist organization in the world is going to try the same thing.

ETA is merely following a tried and true method of negotiation with the current spanish government:

kill alot of our citizens, and we'll give you what you want.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Unfortunatley... snafu is right...

caving in to terrorist threats, may make you the peace bringer at any cost, but it also makes you a doormat.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

youre kidding, right? the spanish government has already shown that terrorist actions will cause them to cave in. what did they think would happen? cave in to al qaieda, and every terrorist organization in the world is going to try the same thing.

Excellent point...

I forgot all about Spain's backing down to terrorists over the Madrid bombings.

I suppose all ETA have to do now is continue with the bombings until they give into their demands too!

Pretty sad isnt it!!!

Mic

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It amazes me that when a submission about an Al-Qaeda attack is posted it recieves the yes votes needed to be upgraded.

Yet when a submission about a terrorist attack in Spain involving a guerilla group known around the world as terrorists is posted, it can recieve 'no votes' as it is not appropriate for ATSNN???

Bizarre!

Mic

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
dont get you panties in a wad. not everyone voted no. i think it's an interesting discussion, although i disagree with your analysis (if you are indeed the writer).

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

although i disagree with your analysis (if you are indeed the writer).

That is why i corrected it about 3 posts up...

You were right, i had forgotten about the Spanish giving in to Al-Qaeda over the Madrid bombings!

Mic

new topics

top topics

join