It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iranian Military Transport Plane Crashes Into 10 Storey Apartment Block

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
An Iranian military transport plane carrying 94 people has crashed into a 10 storey appartment building. 25 people were killed on the ground as well as all those onboard resulting in 119 dead. The building is currently on fire and rescuers are frantically trying to rescue people from the burning building.

news.yahoo.com
TEHRAN, Iran - An Iranian military transport plane crashed into a 10-story apartment building on Tuesday, killing 119 people, including 25 on the ground, state media and officials said.

Tehran's mayor said that all 94 people aboard the plane were killed, and Tehran radio said 25 people were killed on the ground.

The building was reported to be on fire, and fire fighters were on the scene working to save people trapped in the building in the Azari residential district.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

My God that is a tragic occurance. My thoughts are with those who have lost loved ones in this

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Reuter s

IRNA said most of the passengers on the flight to the southern port of Bandar Abbas were local journalists who were going to cover military exercises in the region.

The pilot had reported engine trouble and requested an emergency landing at Tehran's Mehrabad international airport, police told Iranian state television.

The plane hit an apartment block in the Shahrak-e Towhid neighborhood inhabited by members of the military and their families. It lies on the flightpath to Mehrabad airport.

IRNA said 94 people were on board the C-130. The semi-official Fars news agency put the number at 106 and quoted police as saying they feared the casualty toll would be heavy.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The building is said top have up to 250 inside and many children as its a school day off,

officals are saying that its hard to breath due to the thick smoke, making conditions awfull there,

the building is close to the airport

death toll is now 120
my thoughts are with all the people at this time,

[edit on 6-12-2005 by asala]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
No pictures of the smoke or the area?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
From the BBC, Nventual:

Many killed in Tehran plane crash

seekerof

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Very tragic. My heart goes out to all involved.

The first thing that came into my mind however, was...

Why did this building not come down like the world trade centres did?

Or will it in time?

Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The people on the plane were journalists on their way to cover military exercises in southern iran. (from DrudgeReport)

[edit on 12/6/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ishes
The first thing that came into my mind however, was...

Why did this building not come down like the world trade centres did?

Or will it in time?

Hmmm.

This particular building is probably not wired with explosives, so it probably wont implode into it's footprint like the WTC buildings...

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakyaHeir

This particular building is probably not wired with explosives, so it probably wont implode into it's footprint like the WTC buildings...

uuh yeah and also that the aircraft is a C130 airplane with propellers and it wasnt going fast enough either.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
From the London Independent:

A military aircraft loaded with Iranian journalists ploughed into the bottom of a Tehran apartment block shortly after take-off, killing all 94 on board and about 32 people on the ground.

The 10-storey apartment block is one of several in the Towhid housing compound run by the airforce for its own personnel. The lower floors of the block were totally destroyed by the fire, and neighbouring buildings were also burnt and had their windows shattered by the blast. After the crash, thousands of people gathered around the compound trying to get in, but were repelled by riot police armed with batons.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Has anyone seen any of the plane wreakage?
Did it break up making a huge mess,or did it vapourise on impact like the 911 planes?
I know this plane was probably going slower than those on 911,but the lack of plane parts,especially at the pentagon,just does not add up for me.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Looks like quite a bit of wreckage in the bottom right hand corner of the building.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
How long ago did this happen??

According to exsperts it should take about 45 minutes for this building to fall.

can you see it tilting??

Anyway this is blowing the 9/11 offical story away...

But what time did this happen??? and if it happened 24 hrs ago is the building still standing??

My time is 11:15am e.s.t.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Maybe you notice the type of materials that building is using compare to the twin towers. Makes you wonder why the whole Pentagon didnt go down.

top topics

join