It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Aircraft Carrier Pic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hey ATS, here is a pic of China's new Aircraft Carrier in dry dock.

I don't have any additional info, just a pic.

img355.imageshack.us...

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thats actually a U.S carrier,this picture was posted on here earlier.Chinese text was just added on that crane.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Its a fake, and not even new!

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
That is the USS Ronald Reagan in Newport News

The photo has been de-bunked before

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
www.navsource.org...

Its the USS Ronald Reagan (as has been mentioned)

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well there isnt much that i can say about the picture but indeed it looks like an american carrier. But if its an american , what on earth it is doing in Chinas' port then

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian Boy
Well there isnt much that i can say about the picture but indeed it looks like an american carrier. But if its an american , what on earth it is doing in Chinas' port then

Have you ever heard of photoshop? Its like changing the picture to suit someones means, a deception for this particular picture.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is Dry Dock 12 in Northrop Grumman Newport News in Newport News, Virginia on the shores of the James River. I know this by the large water tower off to the right in the picture along Warwick Boulevard. I have worked this Drydock many times and this ship specifically and also every drydock in Newport News. What you are looking at is a 900 ton overhead gantry crane capable of some really huge lifts. There are two cranes of this type in Newport News. The other is a 300 ton overhead gantry. Still a large lift by any standards. If you are not working these heavy lift jobs..you give them a wide birth when they lift. Its really something to see...from a distance of course.
The USS Ronald Reagan is the only carrier of this type currently with a bulbous bow. The USS Ronald Reagan is in service and the USS George Bush is now under construction in this same Drydock. It too, will have a bulbous bow.
What you need to know about this type of carrier is that it is phenomonally expensive..both to build and maintain. They can tell you anything in boards like this. My point is both the expense and functionally of a carrier like this is beyond the ability of most nations. It is a huge burden on ours...not just one but all the carriers we have ..conventional and nuclear. This type of carrier is just not practical for most nations..including China. Common sense tells you that you start on the bottom of the evolutionary ladder and learn ..experience your way up..not at the top and work your way to the bottom. Dont let anyone pull your leg..it has been a huge learning curve even for us Yanks..and the learning continues.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

It's not in a Chinese port, it’s in a US port, they just removed the name of the company and added some Chinese writing on it via Photoshop.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
lol, omg i have seen this same pic so many times and been posted on ATS and other blogs so many times and been debunked so many times it's not even funny anymore lol

[edit on 10-12-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
obviously it's not real. The chinese military is already firmed with the decision of not building any aircraft carrier due to the cost, technology and maintaining military stability of the region. They find it ridicuious to build a war-machine to look after off-soil benefits when the farmers are throwing riots for not getting basic daily accessories, medicine, water etc.

top topics

join