It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X hits earth again 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I have been reading on how a nother planet in our solar system hit eatrh, split it in half and is going to do so again Planet X orbit

This site also talks on how the Sumerians knew and predicted this

what do you think ?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
jiberish...thats what I think.

- In a way I cant wait it New Years Day 2013...when all of the crazy rumors out there about 2012 being the year of armageddon are finally put to sleep.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironjello what do you think ?

Que sera, sera,
Whatever will be, will be,
The future's not ours to see,
Que sera, sera,
What will be, will be,

[edit on 5/12/05 by Implosion]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If 2012 IS the end of the world, would you REALLY want to know, and would it REALLY matter HOW it happened? Personally I agree. I can't wait until 2013 so I can laugh at all the doomsayers.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
One thing about this so called end of world theory is all those that claim to believe it aint out having unprotected sex and fathering many children by many different partners , experimenting with mind bending drugs getting pissed 24/7 yet alot tend to turn up here proclaiming it. I know what i would be doing.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by perspicientia
One thing about this so called end of world theory is all those that claim to believe it aint out having unprotected sex and fathering many children by many different partners experimenting with mind bending drugs getting pissed 24/7

I don't want to spend the rest of my life with HIV, chlamydia, herpes, or any other S.T.D. Nor for that matter, a lot of angry women chasing me down for money I don't have. Nor do I enjoy alcohol like that. Note the omission.

IMO, if you think the world really is going to end in 2012, you should use your time to prepare. Prepare mentally, and prepare spiritually. Make sure that as the time draws near, you have no more loose ends in the areas of life that you find most important.

Of course, this is all one guys opinion. If it is coming, I just hope that it will be quick.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
i thought 2012 is a year of dimensional shift...

...or was it the year the NWO gets established?

...or the year aliens will land ?

....or end of the world ?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This sounds so unlikely.

Lol, we are all far more likely to die in an atomic world war in a last effort to get the last drop of oil from some other poor fool...

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tn2k
This sounds so unlikely.

Lol, we are all far more likely to die in an atomic world war in a last effort to get the last drop of oil from some other poor fool...

Doomsayers like to make up stories about other planets, aliens, and other stuff because without the modern fairy tales they would have to admit the only real cause of human demise will probably be humans.

When Rome fell, every weapons known was used to fight the barbarian hordes.

What will happen when a nuclear power falls.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I love drama, but i dont think any of this will happen. I think we will see nuclear exchange, many will die and the rest will go on.

Like my grandma used to say:

El muerto al hoyo
El vivo al pollo.

Life will end when you die. It will end for you, not for anyone else...

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironjello
I have been reading on how a nother planet in our solar system hit eatrh, split it in half and is going to do so again

Planet X orbit

This site also talks on how the Sumerians knew and predicted this

what do you think ?

I think that the people who put up the site don't know anything about physics OR the Sumerians.

Now... let me explain.

If a planet hit the Earth, it wouldn't "split in two." It would demolish both planets. Think of two raw eggs hitting each other.

Astronomical bodies that hit the Earth (meteorites to asteroids to planets, maybe) do one of two things: They smash into the Earth (damaging themselves or obliterating themselves) or they obliterate it. The Earth's gravitational well means that if things get close enough to hit the planet, they don't run away (though very small objects can "skip" off the atmosphere. We're talking objects a few yards in length or less.)

The Sumerians never heard of the planet Nibiru. We do have their astronomical tables and observations of their astronomers. They only knew the planets Mercury through Saturn.

Their math wasn't good enough (and their instruments weren't good enough) to calculate orbits of rarely seen objects (you need calculus to do this, and they didn't have calculus.

The website author hasn't done their geology homework, either. They have a nice animation of Pangaea that splits to form our modern continents... but they don't understand plate drift, erosion, mountain building, the impact of weather, glaciation and so forth. The simple animation doesn't show that pieces of the crust slide UNDER other pieces or show how erosion and glaciers sculpt and erode the land.

They have a nice selection of astrophysics papers -- but they don't understand the papers they present. Scientists have long believed there were other bodies beyond Pluto (and we've found them, including Sedna and the more recent "Xena") -- BUT that they were in stable orbits and never come into the inner solar system. So the "planet X" in the science papers has nothing to do with the imaginary "Nibiru."

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I love drama, but i dont think any of this will happen. I think we will see nuclear exchange, many will die and the rest will go on.

El muerto al hoyo
El vivo al pollo.

The actual translation is: “to the dead, the grave and, to the living, chicken.” To which I would reply, "Donde es el res?" (Where's the beef?)

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think the most likely "doomsday"scenario would be earth crust displacement. I am no expert but it has something to do with the magnetic alignment of the north and south poles. Anyone know anything about that subject if so please let me know.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If 2012 was doomsday

Who cares? We've got a whole 7 years ahead of us. 2000 was supposed to be doomsday, yet here we stand. Don't let fruitless predictions ruin your life.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Just live.

Any day could be our last!

There could be a city size asteroid travelling so fast our way we don't even know its in bound.

We have soooooooooooooo much to learn and understand - hence be greateful for every breath and don't waste it worrying.

At the very least - as mentioned above - tie all loose ends.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hey, wasn't this thread about whether or not Planet Ten exists and whether or not it would hit the Earth in 2012? Because I don't think it's on what to do in the years up until that time... Maybe you all could get back on topic, no?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by dgtempe

El muerto al hoyo
El vivo al pollo.

The actual translation is: “to the dead, the grave and, to the living, chicken.” To which I would reply, "Donde es el res?" (Where's the beef?)

I think your translation was close but not quit right.

"To the living, Chicken ?" Thats not right.

It should be this:
“to the dead, the grave and, to the living, motivation.”

Since your not dead this should be the reason to motivate yourself to do whatever it is.

Question: "Necesitas a pollo?"

Now as far as 2012 I think our Universe is gonna get sucked into the Black hole in the Center of this galaxy or your so called Planet X is that Giant Star that supposly was flinged from another Galaxy and is currently heading our way!!!

[edit on 6-12-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket
I think the most likely "doomsday"scenario would be earth crust displacement. I am no expert but it has something to do with the magnetic alignment of the north and south poles. Anyone know anything about that subject if so please let me know.

Crustal Displacement is a myth perpetuated by those with little or no undertsanding of geophysics and for which there is a total of nil evidence in support of.

You're confusing it with magnetic pole reversals which do occur - on average around every 700,000 years IIRC This could cause us problems with communications and navigation - but isn't an issue as far as life on earth is concerned.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Nothing will happen.

The only proved thing that happens in 2012 is that the planets will align with the equator of the solor system.
Just another "minellium bug" thing. I could just make up a rumor of a computer fault with 2012 and will cause all nuclear weapons to detonate. And i bet you, half the people would beleive it.

MOD EDIT: Please only use English on our boards.

[edit on 12/6/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter
The only proved thing that happens in 2012 is that the planets will align with the equator of the solor system.

Erm... And you got that information from where now? Because my astronomy software and all the actual astronomy websites seem to say different.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join