It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Mask

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
With the recent disclosure by "Anonymous", I was reminded of article I read on the CUFON site a while back. It's about something called Project Mask, where a group of UFO investigators get together to stage a massive hoax, supposedly so that they can catch the government red-handed trying to cover it up.

What is needed is to catch the government with their pants down, and to do it in full view of the public eye. We need to observe first hand what role the government takes in the investigation of an actual UFO event. The problem is that actual UFO events don't take place when you want them to, and it would be only by providence that we would be in position at the time of a sighting.

My proposal is to do the next best thing: CREATE a UFO event, and watch the Men In Black or whoever, come out of the woodwork.

-- from Project Mask Documents -- www.cufon.org

I can't find that this subject has been discussed here before... does it make you wonder exactly what it would take to convince people to believe?

Anyone have any "gut" instinct about a Project Mask-like event and the Project Serpo disclosure?

[edit on 4-12-2005 by Centrist]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
wow, that is probably the most brilliant idea i have ever heard, i mean it could work, fake crash, people calling the police, government tryen to cover it up, paying people to be quiet. THen boom the hoaxers show the secret tape that they had put around the site that shows the government comming in and covering it up, its realesed people are angry that they tried to do it. THe governemnt spills the beans

by the way did project mask ever happen?

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I don't believe it would be possible to hoax a government that has intensive knowledge of alien tech. The MIB phenomena is generally presented as being in close contact with presumed aliens, or even being aliens themselves. In that case, the government would simply let the hoax run its course, secure in the knowledge that people are thinking, "just another hoax like the thousands out there".

Even if the government doesn't have such intimate knowledge of aliens, I don't believe it would be possible to fool them. Once again, the "cover-up" teams are always reported to be right on the scene of an "event". I'm sure such a governmentwould have a way to track any vehicles in our atmosphere. So you would need to fake the radar, radiation, and any other traces used to find the craft.

So it's an interesting idea, but I don't think it's workable if the government has any advanced knowledge of alien craft at all.

[edit on 12/4/2005 by eaglewingz]

new topics

join