It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is my religion wrong?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

But we respect eachother too much to disagree with eachother.

That's right. In fact, it is my respect that dictates that I don't fudge the discussion.

queen annie,
I'm all puckered up!
you for not

*smack* right back at you!

Thanks for being you, I wouldn't have you any other way. And if you were any other way, I wouldn't know how to take you.

You are great.

Ditto. So are you!

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron
Maybe the Universe, from the smallest sub-atomic particle to these things; massive things are simply the answer to an unfathomably complicated question that an omnipotent/omniscient etc. deity asked himself one endless day in eternity while he was bored?

Or maybe I have too many weird friends

It is possible to be bored and have too many weird friends.
Not sure if it is possible to have too many weird friends and be bored, though.

Thanks QA.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The Bhagavadgita

"Those who worship gods go to gods. Those who worship ancestors go their ancestors. Those who worship the elements go to the elements. But those who worship Me come to Me only".

Dhammapada

"Better than absolute rule over this world,better that attaining the realm of the gods, better than being Lord of all the worlds, is to enter into the stream" XIII,12

Bible

"For the Lord your god is God of gods."(Deut. 10,17)

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by raunholt
The Bhagavadgita

"Those who worship gods go to gods. Those who worship ancestors go their ancestors. Those who worship the elements go to the elements. But those who worship Me come to Me only".

Dhammapada

"Better than absolute rule over this world,better that attaining the realm of the gods, better than being Lord of all the worlds, is to enter into the stream" XIII,12

Bible

"For the Lord your god is God of gods."(Deut. 10,17)

i understand where they are from, and what they say. but why do you post them? what is your two cents?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Esoteric Teacher and queen annie you two should kiss and agree to disagree! Seems like you two have been arguing for weeks!
So I say Peace to you both...

Do you mean this thread is that tiresome? Or are you referring to elsewhere, additional arguing? I didn't think we ever had until today....

I'm confused.

No just this thread. Maybe not weeks (seems like weeks) but you two seemed to be really going at it for a bit in this thread!

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

No just this thread. Maybe not weeks (seems like weeks) but you two seemed to be really going at it for a bit in this thread!

Just pushing in challenge, the bounds of each other's ideations, methinks.

But thanks for your spirit of true good will toward brother man!

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
NP queenannie, I think a lot of you and Esoterics opinions and just wanted to ommunicate that good will towards you both! I get all mushy this time of year...

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i would like to start by making a simple request, please don't let this turn into a flame war.

Christians, please explain to me why Christianity is right, and all other religions are wrong. State specifics, no personal attacks, and don't stereotype other religions.

Why is my Buddhist faith so wrong to certain Christians, why am i damned to hell?

[edit on 4-12-2005 by madnessinmysoul]

LOL!

So, what is it that you want, that we Christians simply read the Bible to you? It's the largest selling book ever; all the answers are right there.

To over-simplify, the only way to the Father is by the Son.

You obviously believe that my religion is wrong and that yors is right; why is it that we Christians have to explain our God's ways? Apparently, you aren't a Westerner, as Christianity is not the Great Secret over in this part of the world.

Sorry to drop in for the party at such a late time, but I couldn't find my dancing shoes.

[edit on 10-12-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
God hath wrapped all nations in unbelief, that he might have mercy on all.

It is written:

"Lusts of youth avoid, and follow righteousness, faith, love and peace, with them that call on the Lord with pure heart. Foolish and unlearned questions put from thee, remembering that they do but gender strife. But the servant of the Lord must not strive: but must be peaceable unto all men, and apt to teach, and one that can suffer the evil in meekness, and can inform them that resist, if that God at any time will give them repentance for to know the truth: that they may come to them selves again out of the snare of the devil, which are now taken of him at his will."

But the servant of the Lord must not strive: but must be peaceable unto all men, and apt to teach, and one that can suffer the evil in meekness, and can inform them that resist, if that God at any time will give them repentance for to know the truth: that they may come to them selves again out of the snare of the devil, which are now taken of him at his will.

Remember what Jesus said:

"Not all they that say unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter in to the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth my fathers will which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not in thy name Prophesied? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name have done many miracles? And then will I knowledge unto them that I never knew them. Depart from me, ye workers of iniquity."

but he that doth my fathers will which is in heaven

What is God our fathers will?

And this is the fathers will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me, I should lose nothing: but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me: that every man which seeth the son and believeth on him, have everlasting life. And I will raise him up at the last day. The Jewes then murmured at him, because he said: I am that bread which is come down from heaven. And they said: Is not this Jesus the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How is it then that he sayeth, I came down from heaven? Jesus answered and said unto them. Murmur not between yourselves. No man can come to me except the father which hath sent me, draw him. And I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the Prophets, that they shall all be taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard and hath learned of the father cometh unto me. Not that any man hath seen the father, save he which is of God, the same hath seen the father.

Remember Paul?

"Paul stood in the midst of Marce street and said: ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. For as I passed by and beheld the manner how ye worship your gods, I found an altar wherein was written: unto the unknown God. Whom ye then ignorantly worship him show I unto you: God that made the world and all that are in it, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, he dwelleth not in temples made with hands, neither is worshipped with mens hands, as though he needed of any thing, seeing he himself giveth life and breath to all men everywhere, and hath made of one blood all nations of men, for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath assigned before, how long time, and also the ends of their inhabitation, that they should seek God, if they might feel and find him, though he be not far from every one of us. For in him we live, move and have your being, as certain of your own Poets said. For we are also his generation. For as much then as we are the generation of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, silver or stone, graven by craft and imagination of man.
And the time of this ignorance God regarded not. but now he biddeth all men everywhere repent, because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world according to righteousness, by that man whom he hath appointed, and hath offered faith to all men, after that he had raised him from death.
When they heard of the resurrection from death, some mocked, and other said: we will hear thee again of this matter. So Paul departed from among them. How be it certain men clave unto Paul and believed, among the which was Dionysius a senator, and a woman named Damaris, and other with them."

God Bless

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
i think god comes to people in many ways and at different times.....i think that all religions are right and although written by man most are given to us by god thru his writer ...like a muse almost.....we can argue till the rest of time but no one religion can sufice on earth....just wont happen and im shure god sees that ...probably cuz hes god......and sends religions according to the people.......i believe that no matter what your path is it must be journed with a pure heart.....which is to say because you love god not because you fear dying in hell.....because to love god only because you fear death and hell is selfish and im shure this "love" would not suffice her.....

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

i would like to start by making a simple request, please don't let this turn into a flame war.

Christians, please explain to me why Christianity is right, and all other religions are wrong. State specifics, no personal attacks, and don't stereotype other religions.

Why is my Buddhist faith so wrong to certain Christians, why am i damned to hell?

[edit on 4-12-2005 by madnessinmysoul]

LOL!

So, what is it that you want, that we Christians simply read the Bible to you? It's the largest selling book ever; all the answers are right there.

To over-simplify, the only way to the Father is by the Son.

You obviously believe that my religion is wrong and that yors is right; why is it that we Christians have to explain our God's ways? Apparently, you aren't a Westerner, as Christianity is not the Great Secret over in this part of the world.

Sorry to drop in for the party at such a late time, but I couldn't find my dancing shoes.

well, i have read the bible, cover to cover, twice. it's a piece of smut in my personal opinion. why? well, i'm answering that now, so don't poop yourself in anticipation/anger.

it's the most violent book ever written, it has more injustice than any other book ever written, it's hypocritical, and it's got quite a few innaccuracies (both historic and scientific).

the only good things i gleemed from the bible had been said way before they were judeo-christian. examples:
the "golden rule"
the loving of your neighbor
the destruction of religious dietary laws
not murdering (though there's plenty of it in there)

there's more than that, but the point is that most ideas in the bible weren't revolutionary.

i just can't understand how any religion that preys on fear is right. most people don't see it, but the belief in an all powerful being is the perfect way to avoid doubt. also, any book claiming that those that don't adhere to it are doomed to an eternity of punishment (the most unfair thing in the bible) is hateful. even the quran says that sinners will eventually pay for their sins in hell, because you only get punished for your sinsm and you cannot commit an infinite amount of sins.

:bnghd:

do you understand that?
any questions?

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm confused. I only posted what I did earlier, because I realised the ancients were on to something about time in the Koran, the Bible, The Gita, and more "dead" religions and folktales(I know because I study mythology and folklore as a hobby).

The article just highlights what science has found in time travel and how this could "connect" to god. I personally believe in God, because then I wouldn't be able to help BSB fans or you guys. Will you please stop fighting. I really don't want to bother a mod at midnight, and I've been trying to log in all day on to ATS. So please explain what you believe and cite your sources, try to keep an open mind, because who knows, for all we know God could be the mist/universe in "Furturama"(TV show) and the Gita that has everything it, but not in it?

I believe in god, because I think there's a pre-destiny thing with the whole BSB fan-CT thing, whatever that may be, and thousands of other examples of "fate". But it's pointless, upsetting, and boring to argue tooth and nail over God, just chill out, have some hot coco, listen to your favorite music, and try and enjoy the other person's point of view, or at least try understand why they feel that way. Please, the last I want to do is call a MOD and if it happens again I will okay?

Now let's party!:w::

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
so bsbfan, you're just giving up because you can't prove god's existence...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
my question still remains unanswered. why is my religion (theravada buddhism) wrong in the eyes of christianity?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

my question still remains unanswered. why is my religion (theravada buddhism) wrong in the eyes of christianity?

It isn't.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The problem is; it's the whole truth but it's also part of a puzzle than you haven't solved yet.

Thankfully God gave me a few hints.

You want any?

I understand if you don't because 'Ignorance is bliss.'

But I thought that was the purpose of this forum - 'deny ignorace(sp?)'

Wait that was boredom wasn't it?

Who knows? A higher power knows. I call that higher power God I also call it 'theos.'

I have so many labels for it, you could never count them all, but there are only a few I'd consider using.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   

NP queenannie, I think a lot of you and Esoterics opinions and just wanted to ommunicate that good will towards you both! I get all mushy this time of year...

Well, then, get back in that oven until your crust gets all nice and golden-brown...
then you won't be all mushy anymore.

JK. I like mush in the winter--makes you warm all over, from the inside out.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron
The problem is; it's the whole truth but it's also part of a puzzle than you haven't solved yet.

Thankfully God gave me a few hints.

You want any?

I understand if you don't because 'Ignorance is bliss.'

But I thought that was the purpose of this forum - 'deny ignorace(sp?)'

Wait that was boredom wasn't it?

Who knows? A higher power knows. I call that higher power God I also call it 'theos.'

I have so many labels for it, you could never count them all, but there are only a few I'd consider using.

wait, so you call people that don't believe in a sentient higher power ingnorant?...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

John 14:6 "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

theravada buddha (or whomever is the founder of buddhism) is dead. Jesus Christ is still very much alive!

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
buddha, aka siddhartha gautama, achieved enlightenment. he didn't die, and he is freed from the limitations of both the physical form and the self.

also, the only sources on the teachings and statements of jesus are the bible. what if jesus never claimed divinity? what if his followers deified him posthumously?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join