It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is my religion wrong?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i would like to start by making a simple request, please don't let this turn into a flame war.

Christians, please explain to me why Christianity is right, and all other religions are wrong. State specifics, no personal attacks, and don't stereotype other religions.

Why is my Buddhist faith so wrong to certain Christians, why am i damned to hell?

[edit on 4-12-2005 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am not the one to say to another that Christianity is right. But what I can say is accoding to christian biblical beleifs

According to Chrisitianity, salvation is achived by the belief in Jesus, without that faith there is only death.

The Buddists are similar to jews and Muslims that THEY can overcome thier sinful nature and attain salvation without outside help. Specfically it has to do with Original sin, and to Buddist it is achiving a state of desiring nothing.

The two are in conflict, Christians have admitted to themselves they need divine help in achiving salvation and no amouth of praying, works, or even avoiding sin can save them.

But in the end, we do not know which is truely right, we have to go on faith and belief.

Isn't the idea that all you have to do is believe in Christ and you will attain nirvana, better then having to work for it, but never really knowing if you ahve done it right?

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
Isn't the idea that all you have to do is believe in Christ and you will attain nirvana, better then having to work for it, but never really knowing if you ahve done it right?

If you have faith, how do you show it? Most major religions tell us to help one another. You can do a lot more by organizing a food drive, picking up litter, or even feeding a neighbor's pet while they're away than just handing someone a little brochure. Faith simply isn't enough. I could have faith and sit on my couch the rest of my life. The Tale of the Talents is a good example of this. Jesus, the Lord, is our master; he gave us each a gift of faith when we were saved/baptized. However, why just take the gift of faith and just leave it at that? That is like the servant who buried his. We should strive to be like the servant who went out and multiplied the talents for his master, and good works are merely a part of that.

Always remember: Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Though I am a Christian, I think that every religion deserves to be in the U.S. It is NOT AT ALL wrong. Republicans have stereotyped every relgion but christian.

Don't say Republicans aren't doing this because they are. madnessinmysouls feeling about his religion is evidence of it.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
i will never say one religion is right or wrong. i was raised a catholic and have gone to 14 years of catholic schooling(i no longer practice) and im sure that any devout christians and anyother religious types would ultimatly say none is right or wrong... as long as a person is fair, moral, and generous to his fellow man and world.
how could a christian say all jews, hindus, buddists, wiccan, muslims will spend eternity in hell (if there is such a thing)... because the christian god says to love all others as their neighbor. no ones right or wrong... as long as they are a good person...

-UnterMir

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ByzantineIcon

If you have faith, how do you show it? Most major religions tell us to help one another. You can do a lot more by organizing a food drive, picking up litter, or even feeding a neighbor's pet while they're away than just handing someone a little brochure. Faith simply isn't enough. I could have faith and sit on my couch the rest of my life. The Tale of the Talents is a good example of this. Jesus, the Lord, is our master; he gave us each a gift of faith when we were saved/baptized. However, why just take the gift of faith and just leave it at that? That is like the servant who buried his. We should strive to be like the servant who went out and multiplied the talents for his master, and good works are merely a part of that.

Always remember: Actions speak louder than words.

Yes, ByzantineIcon is right.

James 2:14 "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do."

If you have faith in Jesus Christ, He will tell you what to do when you sincerely ask Him in your prayers.

Originally posted by UnterMir
i will never say one religion is right or wrong. i was raised a catholic and have gone to 14 years of catholic schooling(i no longer practice) and im sure that any devout christians and anyother religious types would ultimatly say none is right or wrong... as long as a person is fair, moral, and generous to his fellow man and world.
how could a christian say all jews, hindus, buddists, wiccan, muslims will spend eternity in hell (if there is such a thing)... because the christian god says to love all others as their neighbor. no ones right or wrong... as long as they are a good person...

-UnterMir

So, do you think that by being a good person you will get to Heaven? Are you a good person? Please click on the link in my signature. Then reply to me and tell me what you think.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I found this article in my travels on the net:

I came to the Buddhist path as a seeker. I was skeptical about religious claims, but felt a deep void in my life. I yearned for meaning and truth in a unpredictable and often hostile world. In Buddhism, I thought I had found what I was searching for.
Buddhists has never started a war. There was never a Buddhist Inquisition. They emphasized wisdom, compassion, lovingkindness, and personal transformation. And they certainly never threatened me with eternity in a lake of fire.

But it was not meant to be. That deep void in my life? It was what has often been described as a "God-shaped vacuum" -- the emptiness that only God can fill. We are His creation, made in His image. He intends for us to have a relationship with Him and, when we are without Him, we feel empty and alone. No matter how long I meditated or what teachings I read, I could not fill this emptiness in my life. For in Buddhism, there is no sovereign, loving Creator.

True, some Buddhists purport to believe in a god, or in a realm of higher beings called devas. Others pray to statues of Buddha (Siddhartha Gautama). But as a whole, Buddhism is not a theistic religion. It has a law -- the law of karma -- but no lawgiver.

According to the Buddhist worldview, all beings accumulate karma based on their actions, and karma dictates their life circumstances. When a person dies, the karma accumulated in that lifetime (and all previous lives) determines his or her lot in the next life.

To many Buddhists, this means that a person born into a wealthy family has good karma, while someone who lives in a poor, disease-infested village would have accumulated negative karma.

Buddhists believe karma keeps one trapped in an endless cycle of death and rebirth (samsara), and the only way out is through enlightenment. To become enlightened, one has to eliminate desire. Buddha taught that desire is the root of suffering; that it causes attachment, which leads to suffering, and in turn causes other beings to suffer. This produces negative karma. If one eliminates desire and stops causing suffering, one can become enlightened, as he had.

But eventually I began to question. Who or what had set this law of karma in motion? Who judged these beings' actions and sentenced them to another life of pain? Why were beings punished for actions they would be unable to remember? Was desire always a bad thing? Wasn't the desire for enlightenment still desire? If so, how could one ever attain enlightenment?

So I strayed from the Buddhist path, the emptiness within me greater than before. I began to examine the claims of Jesus of Nazareth in a new light, laying aside the biases and prejudices that had caused me to dismiss Him as merely a "great human teacher." The more I searched, the more I came to believe that there was a sovereign God who loved me and that Jesus was who He claimed to be -- the Son of Man, fully human and fully God. I accepted Christ into my heart.

In doing so, I now feel that I've found true enlightenment -- through a personal relationship with my Creator.

What's more, I discovered that what I had sought through the Buddhist path -- wisdom, compassion, and lovingkindness -- were found in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. The supreme act of compassion was His sacrifice on the cross -- that while we were still sinners, He died for us.

No human alive could ever demonstrate this kind of unselfish, unconditional love. No human can match God's divine mercy and lovingkindness, no matter how long we meditate or what books we've read. Yet we must try, for when we receive Christ, we become a new creation and begin the process of becoming Christ-like. The apostle John wrote. "He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked" (1 John 2:6, KNJV).

If this kind of personal transformation is not enlightenment, I do not know what is. To me, having a personal relationship with God and the assurance of salvation brings true peace. And it's ours if we but ask for it!

Further reading: Jesus Among Other Gods by Ravi Zacharias (Word, 2000).

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Both are wrong when they invoke a response from "Selfish before Service".

Both are right when they invoke the truth you obtain when you debunk the need for "Self Preserve, aka "I'm selfish before I serve"".

If you follow the teachings of those in your respective faith that demonstrate through all their actions and all their behaviors that they are still imprisoned by their fears, then they have not found the strength through their respective faith to conquer the fears that are manifested due to the cellular genetic restrictions/directions of "I'm selfish before I serve anything/anyone".

Regardless of Faith, once you reach enlightenment you will see the ideologies of Christ there. And then you will see how every intangible is the cause, and the effects of those causes are what all negative emotions that stem from the root illusion of fear.

Cause = Negative. All negative emotions stem from Fear.

Effect = Look around and you see how everone on this planet is slave to their fears.

Humans allow thier pride and selfishness to blind them. Humans demonstrate through all their actions and all their behaviors their tendency to fight to keep their ignorance. For the truth is what remains when serving yourself is no longer an option.

To bad the truth can not be supplied or given. The truth is the truth can only be experienced.

I'd appreciate it if people in my reality could resolve their own hates that are the direct result of FEARING the loss of what it is they love in their own heads, instead of ignoring them because of denial (fear), before they manifest them in our shared reality.

Anyone who is angry and/or hateful are essentially too cowardly to resolve their fears in their own mind. They manifest their fears in my reality and are too ignorant to see their fears have been masked by anger and hate.

Enough of me on my soap box. I was born and raised and born a Christian. However, Buddism is also true, for what can exist seperate from truth?

If something exists that is not true, then it does not exist.

I am still a Christian. However I also see how "Christians" have ideologies that are contrast to Christianity.

1) Hipocrites are all hellbound.
2) Christians are against the death penalty.
3) Christian's faith would not exist if it were not for the death penalty.
4) All Christians are hellbound hipocrites.

Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I too am a Christian but some well known members here on ATS have deemed my brand of Christianity unworthy in their eyes thus "not a real" Christian and probably doomed to hell.

My brand of Christianity embraces a loving, forgiving and merciful God, where all people are welcome in his grace.

Felice Navitad y prospero nuevo anos

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm not against the death penalty when used in the correct context - for someone like Harold Shipman or Ian Huntley, possibly even Gary Glitter.

As long as guilt is 99.9999% certain and the crime is severe enough to warrant such a penalty.

But yeah, Buddhism seems like a great Philosophy and it's one I believe has merit and I don't think it's necessarily wrong - it's just different from what I believe.

I believe in karma, but I believe the grace of God is stronger than karma/ able to negate the effects of karma.

Jesus to me is also a perfect example of how to live an unselfish, loving life.

I strive to live as he did, invariably I fall short of perfection - but the intention is there and I'm sure I will never be forsaken by God as long as the good intentions are there.

My faith in God/ Jesus in unshakeable, but I don't for one minute think that it is my faith that saves me, I think it is Jesus' sacrifice that saves me and I thank him for helping me to be aware of this - but my awareness doesn't save me, it is God's grace that saves, IMO.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Humans allow thier pride and selfishness to blind them.

And/or insecurities and the baggage of past emotional damage (often sustained as a child--therefore it is hidden and quite firmly rooted).

Humans demonstrate through all their actions and all their behaviors their tendency to fight to keep their ignorance.

But is it not of a nature inherent to ignorance, itself, that maintains ignorance? Rather than a human tendency to fight enlightenment--that is, it is ignorance's fight for survival.

To bad the truth can not be supplied or given.

That's true--but then, to me, it seems that part of it's pricelessness is the cost of realizing it. It seems like a dear cost, at first--but in the end, seems like the bargain of the century.

Anyone who is angry and/or hateful are essentially too cowardly to resolve their fears in their own mind. They manifest their fears in my reality and are too ignorant to see their fears have been masked by anger and hate.

That's rather harsh....to be a coward is avoiding fear that is known to be fear, right? But what I perceive, about the human condition, in general, is that the blindness is something we are blind to, in itself. Once we see something that we didn't see before, we hasten to correct the situation. It's the world that helps our egos maintain our blindness--obscuring truth amid the tools so readily provided to enable our dysfunctional and groping coping/defense mechanisms.

Anger and hate, on all levels, are not primary causes themselves, but are secondary to pain and hurt. Someone who hates is someone who has felt, or feels, hated themselves. Someone who is angry is shielding themselves from real or imagined past, present, or future pain. Both of these things are essentially auto-directed, yet are manifested toward others. The real victim is the hater or the angry person--part of loving our neighbor as ourself is to realize that it is not directed toward us and therefore to avoid making the negative worse by reacting to something that has nothing to do with us.
By reacting, we choose to take of their negative instead of giving of our positive. And that, also, is selfishness and 'sin.'

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
just me 2, i don't really think this article is even noteworthy

the author of this clearly missed the whole point of Buddhism.

1) the author wanted to find meaning, though the whole point of Buddhism is the eventual realization of the lack of self

2) the author thinks of karma as a law, but it is more of a natural force. this leads the author to claim that anything that has an unknown creator is empty, a horribly unproveable claim.

3) the author brings up one of the more ignorant and regressive views of karma, the rich and impoverished newborn. this is the dogma which the Buddha wished to expose as a lie used to keep the masses in check (in the religion of the Hindus.) the true point of the system is not what standing you are born into, but how much closer the form you are in is to enlightenment.

4) the author keeps going back to WHO and then looks for a sovereign judge to rule on who gets a life of pain and who doesn't, but this goes back to the ignorant view of karma.

5) the author feels that the only way to true peace is assurance in salvation, which is the desire to know one's faith. unfortunately for many, this fear is the fuel for their faith.

overall, it seems like the author never attempted following the Buddhist path, and is merely attempting to stave off its growth in the western world. the research done seems like something any youth could do by scanning through a wikipedia entry.

no offense to your beliefs, but the article was quite subpar

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
the website you linked to has one part with a counter saying that of the over 150,000 people that died today the majority will go to hell, THIS is why many evangelicals anger me. WHY are the majority of these people going to hell????

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I too am a Christian but some well known members here on ATS have deemed my brand of Christianity unworthy in their eyes thus "not a real" Christian and probably doomed to hell.

I'll see you there, then!

My brand of Christianity embraces a loving, forgiving and merciful God, where all people are welcome in his grace.

It will be a nice place to be with 'your brand of christianity!'

Felice Navitad y prospero nuevo anos

E iguales a usted!

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by whaaa

It will be a nice place to be with 'your brand of christianity!'

Agreed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christian Church

He said, "Of course I may be wrong,
But I wouldn't be surprised
If this were the greatest Christian church
That man ever devised.

Our organ is the very best.
Our choir stays on key.
Our stianed glass windows - priceless.
Our Pulpit - the best you'll see."

But only the wealthy were welcome there,
I heard slanderous gossip galore,
And from that pulpit so highly prized
The Preacher glorified war.

"Is there anything more you could want in a church?"
In pride, he said to me.
"Just one thing," I made reply-

"Christianity!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Peace Pilgrim, Peace for Our Times

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Christians, please explain to me why Christianity is right, and all other religions are wrong. State specifics, no personal attacks, and don't stereotype other religions.

All religions stem from several fundamental truths. These truths can be seen in every religion when the dogma, theories and beliefs of the religion are taken away, and only the core of it is left.

If we find the common factor inherent in all religions, it is the first step to enlightenment. While we mantain the idea that our belief structure is completely different and superior to another, and in reality they are only superficially so, any opportunity for finding this common link is lost.

Now sit back, clear your mind, and listen to Mozart Flute Quartets, from Magnatune.com.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 5/12/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

from Jesus and Buddha, The Parallel Sayings; Editor Marcus Borg, copyright 1997, Ulysses Press, Berkeley California

Jesus:
Mark 7:15
There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
Buddha:
Sutta Nipata 242
Stealing, deceiving, adultery; this is defilement. Not the eating of meat.

Jesus:
Matthew 6:19-20
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Buddha:
Kuddakapatha 8.9
Let the wise man do righteousness: A treasure that others can not share, which no thief can steal; a treasure which does not pass away.

Jesus:
Mark 3:29
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Buddha:
Vinaya, Cullavagga 7.13.16
Do not there be a schism in the order, for this is a serious matter. Whoever splits an order that is united will be boiled in hell for an aeon.

Jesus:
John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Buddha:
Dhammapada 13.2
One who acts on truth is happy in this world and beyond.

Jesus:
Luke 6:31
And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
Buddha:
Dhammapada 10.1
Consider others as yourself.

Jesus:
Luke 6:27-30
But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.
Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
Buddha:
Dhammapada 1.5 & 17.3
Hatreds do not ever cease in this world by hating, but by love; this is an eternal truth...
Overcome anger by love, overcome evil by good.
Overcome the miser by giving, overcome the liar by truth.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   

the author of this clearly missed the whole point of Buddhism.

1) the author wanted to find meaning, though the whole point of Buddhism is the eventual realization of the lack of self

2) the author thinks of karma as a law, but it is more of a natural force. this leads the author to claim that anything that has an unknown creator is empty, a horribly unproveable claim.

3) the author brings up one of the more ignorant and regressive views of karma, the rich and impoverished newborn. this is the dogma which the Buddha wished to expose as a lie used to keep the masses in check (in the religion of the Hindus.) the true point of the system is not what standing you are born into, but how much closer the form you are in is to enlightenment.

4) the author keeps going back to WHO and then looks for a sovereign judge to rule on who gets a life of pain and who doesn't, but this goes back to the ignorant view of karma.

5) the author feels that the only way to true peace is assurance in salvation, which is the desire to know one's faith. unfortunately for many, this fear is the fuel for their faith.

overall, it seems like the author never attempted following the Buddhist path, and is merely attempting to stave off its growth in the western world. the research done seems like something any youth could do by scanning through a wikipedia entry.

no offense to your beliefs, but the article was quite subpar

Please forgive me for submiting a "subpar" article!
Since I know nothing about Buddha, I could only take it for granted as what the author thought was the truth. I'm sure the author simply wrote what he felt about his former religion. Also, I promise you that I didn't go searching for information about Buddhists. I had just been reading these posts, and when I had finished, I went to one of my favorite Christian websites and there it was ~ that article! God led me straight to it, so I thought I should post it for you.

the website you linked to has one part with a counter saying that of the over 150,000 people that died today the majority will go to hell, THIS is why many evangelicals anger me. WHY are the majority of these people going to hell????

Because Jesus said it first!

Matthew 7:13
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."

John 14:6
"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

John 3:16-18 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by just me 2

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."

When you add up all those folks who believe that salvation through JC is the only ticket to heaven, I would say that gate could not be described as narrow.

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

This tells me that Jesus meant, you must live as I do, for to come to the father one must live as Jesus did. This quote has nothing to do with believing Jesus is God and the only way to heaven is through repenting and believing his death is our way into heaven.

John 3:16-18 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

This again could mean that one must believ in living the way Jesus did, not that one must believe in salvetion through this great prophets death!

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by just me 2

When you add up all those folks who believe that salvation through JC is the only ticket to heaven, I would say that gate could not be described as narrow.

My long-standing sentiments, as well! It would appear, from the 'outside' looking 'in,' that mainstream christianity is a broad path to destruction. And it's getting broader by the day. But when you're convinced your dogma is correct, blindness is a virtue.

This tells me that Jesus meant, you must live as I do, for to come to the father one must live as Jesus did. This quote has nothing to do with believing Jesus is God and the only way to heaven is through repenting and believing his death is our way into heaven.

Just offering my thoughts in comparison with yours...
I, personally, believe in the resurrection--this is the foundation of the whole message, IMO. Not in the sense that christianity makes it--because whether it is admitted or not, that institution focuses far more on the death than on the life that follows. Resurrection should be the focus--instead of crucifixes with dying men hanging from them and crosses over the pulpit--why not an empty tomb?

Click here for my proposal for a 'kinder, gentler, 'christian' icon.'

Anyway, my point is, that the 'way' out of this world, and to the other side of spiritual reality (most call 'heaven')--the only way out is to die. But the truth about dying is not death but life. Until we believe on that principle, we will not get to the Father. He is the God of the Living, the Creator of all--but the life is not ultimately rooted in carbon-based-organic-life but ethereal spiritual consciousness.

This again could mean that one must believ in living the way Jesus did, not that one must believe in salvetion through this great prophets death!

Or, maybe, that one must believe in what followed that death--which was true life? The death is necessary or the life could not have been shown. It is because of this the life was given--out of a great love and willingness to demonstrate truth rather than cling to a life that would not last much longer, anyway.
Besides the fact that radical truths spoken with blatant confidence will drastically increase the odds of execution in this world, no matter what.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just presenting another side of the argument for consideration and thought-provocation. I cannot make another believe that we do not die in spirit when we die in the flesh--but that's how I understand the idea of 'salvation.' It is rescue, figuratively from the fears that death chains us with in our present lifetime, and literally at the time we actually die.

It is beyond the boundaries of many people's established perceptions--but so is the traditional mistaken view of Christ's life and role in the grand scheme of the world. Perhaps if this were to take a small hold, people would find it somehow more plausible than the current presentation.

Maybe I can get away with saying this:

If there is a God, and if the bible is truly inspired by men who had realized God, then definitely it is not about what christianity says it is--sin and death, but about truth and life--as in my version.

Just think of it as chewing gum--don't spit it out unless it loses its flavor.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Humans allow thier pride and selfishness to blind them.

And/or insecurities and the baggage of past emotional damage (often sustained as a child--therefore it is hidden and quite firmly rooted).

insecurities? How can one be insecure without fear? Insecure is the fear of not being secure. A perception and viewpoint based of fear does not supply anyone with the truth.

Humans demonstrate through all their actions and all their behaviors their tendency to fight to keep their ignorance.

But is it not of a nature inherent to ignorance, itself, that maintains ignorance? Rather than a human tendency to fight enlightenment--that is, it is ignorance's fight for survival.

A willingness to turn to the option that knowing fear provides is why the mentality of fighting for your own survival is the same as not being willing to fight to the Nth degree for existance. If you percieve yourself as being the only thing worth fighting for you neither know what is worth dying for, nor what is worth living for, leaving you in a world devoid of truth, and clinging to ignorance unknowingly.

To bad the truth can not be supplied or given.

That's true--but then, to me, it seems that part of it's pricelessness is the cost of realizing it. It seems like a dear cost, at first--but in the end, seems like the bargain of the century.

Perfect. It is the bargain of the century, it is the bargain of all time.

That's rather harsh....

Sometimes words should be offensive, for they are assults on the unthinking.

to be a coward is avoiding fear that is known to be fear, right? But what I perceive, about the human condition, in general, is that the blindness is something we are blind to, in itself.

Agreed.

Once we see something that we didn't see before, we hasten to correct the situation.

How can some things be seen when fear is present? If truth can not percieve fear, how can fear ever hope to obtain truth? Love is the key. Fear is the lock. Faith is the door knob. Hate is the door. Truth is on the other side of the door. Me? I'm a doorstop.

It's the world that helps our egos maintain our blindness--obscuring truth amid the tools so readily provided to enable our dysfunctional and groping coping/defense mechanisms.

It's the world that helps our egos maintain our blindness. ... .

It is our egos which maintain our blindness. No one can hear the voice of God, and live. When the ego dies (not the body, nor real mind's eye), then and only then is the truth attainable. This is why the actions and behaviors of the rulers of the world tell us what their intentions are. Their main priority right now? Implementing a worldwide communication system. One which will provide the means and medium for speaking directly to each and every soul on the planet simultaneously. Why? Truth is everyone wants the truth to be disseminated to all, equally. Should be careful what you ask for.

Anger and hate, on all levels, are not primary causes themselves, but are secondary to pain and hurt.

Pain and hurt are symptoms of fear, not the other way around. This has been my experience, from a viewpoint devoid of fear. "No one thinks faster than someone who is being shot at".

Someone who hates is someone who has felt, or feels, hated themselves.

I humbly dissagree. I understand your thoughts, however. I say someone who has hated recognizes when they are the recipient of someone elses hateful intent. How can someone recognize hate who has not experienced it themselves? They can only know hate if they know love and fear. Because then they fear loosing love, which feeds hate.

Someone who is angry is shielding themselves from real or imagined past, present, or future pain.

Someone who is angry is producing an intangible idea to provide temporary relief from their own intangible idea of fear, and are manifesting their anger in my world, instead of having the courage to conquer their fears within their own minds before they manifest pain. They are not reacting to pain, they are causing it.

The real victim is the hater or the angry person--part of loving our neighbor as ourself is to realize that it is not directed toward us and therefore to avoid making the negative worse by reacting to something that has nothing to do with us.

The hater has in effect introduced pain to the world, by introducing fear to the hearts and minds of children. Those who demonstrate hate spread fear throughout the minds of the children of men and sons of God which justifies their hate. For who justifies their hate without the excuse of fear?

By reacting, we choose to take of their negative instead of giving of our positive. And that, also, is selfishness and 'sin.'

By choosing to take their negative, we have reacted sinfully. By giving our positive we are playing God by imposing our will upon them, not accepting their will. You choose not to make yourself an extension of their will because of fear. Do not become an extension of their ego, but of their true nature, not the fear that defines them. What is more powerfully being demonstrated by mankind, fear or truth? Fear of Truth.

Why permit them to make you feel obligated to counter in measure to them? Instead of answering with a positive, use their own accepted logic to debunk their own accepted logic. For how else can we "kill" the ego without harming them? It is the most difficult task to convince them that when they choose to, not only do they lose very little, but in effect they will be themselves, just themselves amplified, free of fear and a will to serve truth. Stop labelling God and God's theology in a word. God sees no boundries, and words are boundries.

How can communication evolve when fear confines the methods of communication we have.

there is a method of communication available only to those not dominated by fear.

[edit on 6-12-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join