It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your 5 favorite bands

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
In no special order-

Motorhead

Iron Maiden

Misfits

Ministry

Judas Priest

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts
In no special order-

Motorhead

Iron Maiden

Misfits

Ministry

Judas Priest

Very nice, im a huge Motorhead junkie. I think ive posted here already but my faves have probably changed since then so.....

1. Lamb of God

2. Alarum

3. Fist (Going through my old records today and rediscovered this gem from early 80's)

4. Butterfly Effect

5. Rise Against

ps if you like Motorhead try getting your hands on anything you can by Hawkwind when Lemmy was still in the band, freakin awesome, though he left in acrimonious circumstances and took the song and name Motorhead with him when he left.

Metal Forever. :bnghd:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
ps if you like Motorhead try getting your hands on anything you can by Hawkwind when Lemmy was still in the band, freakin awesome, though he left in acrimonious circumstances and took the song and name Motorhead with him when he left.

I'm going to try to say this in the most dignified voice I can muster. *Ahem* Okay, here goes,

"No waaaaaaay, another Hawkwind fan!!!111oneone"

Ahem, all better now.

Anyways, yes, I've been a fan of Hawkwind for many years, decades in fact. Though I'm more of a "Lost Johnny" and "Silver Machine" Hawkwind fan, as opposed to a "Master of the Universe" and "Mirror of Illusion" Hawkwind fan.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts
I'm going to try to say this in the most dignified voice I can muster. *Ahem* Okay, here goes,

"No waaaaaaay, another Hawkwind fan!!!111oneone"

Ahem, all better now.

Anyways, yes, I've been a fan of Hawkwind for many years, decades in fact. Though I'm more of a "Lost Johnny" and "Silver Machine" Hawkwind fan, as opposed to a "Master of the Universe" and "Mirror of Illusion" Hawkwind fan.

I wish i could reach across the internet and hug you. Im into my 4th decade and still get these vacant looks everytime i bring up bands like Hawkwind with my younger friends in the metal scene.
I am now going to put In Search of Space on followed by Warrior on the edge of time. Ahhhhh. Though my wife is walking around with hands over ears.
Btw great to see Lemmy still rockin out, saw them a few months ago touring here with Motley Crue and they blew them away.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
1) DEBASER
2) PUT THE RIFLE DOWN
3) THE EARLY MORNING
4) I LOVE YOU BUT I'VE CHOSEN DARKNESS
5) PRETTY GIRLS MAKE GRAVES

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Not necessarily in perfect order:

1. The Police
2. The Beach Boys
3. The Beatles
4. Talking Heads
5. Laika and the Cosmonauts

I'm sorry, but five is simply not enough:

6. Mothers of Invention
7. Jethro Tull
8. Steely Dan
9. Pink Floyd
10. Led Zeppelin

This list kind of dates me, huh?

Baack

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
1) The Beatles
2) Green Day
3) Pantera
3) Nirvana
4) Weezer

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hmmm, very hard to get them in order

1. Machine Head, everything about this band suits me. I love the pure unadulterated agression they put into it, Rob Flynn has a nice lyric writer within him, which was surprising. He speaks of death and outcasts. All deeply powerful thigs, to me atleast.

2. Everlast, big jump there I know.....but he hits me on a songwriters level. He uses little mroe than an acoustic and an electric and some samples and creates some moving and meaningful songs out of them.

3. Michael Jackson, In fair I think he would be join 1st thinking about it. Alas, i;ve typed the other two now, so he gets 3rd. Well, I guess it's MJ up until 1994/5 until this point he created timeless music, no matter the current"trend" he would still have relevant music, be it Beat It with it shred passage by the great EVH or Thriller with it's rap by Vincent Price. All we're great and easy listening.

4. Stevie Ray Vaughan, One of my favourite guitar players ever. Each note and strum played with such intensity and feel, he is the pinnacle of emotion in playing for me. His version of Voodoo Chid (Slight Return) was equal to if not BETTER than Hendrix's. He was taken from us far too early.

5. Pantera, Pantera up until Vulgar Display Of Power anyway, as they got abit stupid from then onwards....Dimebag was the sound I was hearing in my head, the agression, the tone, the fire. All was there, along with SRV he's another fave, I jsut wish they had stayed along the CFH route, which was much better in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
INPO:

The Doors
Pink Floyd
Cursive
At the Drive-In
Creedence Clearwater Revival

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Here are mine:

1 Green Day
2Lynyrd skynard
3Linkin Park
4Simple Plan
5Tommy Lee

the first two stay always but the rest can change depending on what i feel like

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I hate the radio, so I dont know a lot of bands, but in no order I would have to say

Marilyn Manson
Tool
Nine Inch Nails
A Perfect Circle
Smashing Pumpkins

Its just about all I listen to other than the rare occasion I dont have a CD player but have a radio.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This list is almost ever changing.

Green Day
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Mars Volta
John Frusciante
Muse

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
id have to go with

1. Guns N' Roses
2. Avenged Sevenfold
3. The Rolling Stones
4. AFI
5. The Doors

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Top 5:
Pink Floyd(ALWAYS ON TOP)
AC/DC
Black Sabbath (and Ozzy's solo work)
Rush
Jimi Hendrix

[edit on 10/2/2006 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
1)System of a down
2)Tool
3)Cradle Of filth
4)Slayer
5)Raputina

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
My fav 5 :

1 Linkin Park
2 Travis
3 Nightwish
4 Trapt
5 Texas

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wow, my top 5 is not like any of yours, It's funny to see how much metal and hardrock lovers there are
also a lot of punk fans here...

Anyhoo, without further delay, my top 5:

1. Incubus
2. Snow Patrol
3. Bloc Party
4. The Killers
5. Death Cab For Cutie

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yay.

Mine (in no order)

1. Megadeth (Dave Mustaine MMMMMMMMMMM)
2. A Perfect Circle
3. Tool
4. System Of A Down
5. Nirvana

I also love Slipknot, Nine Inch Nails.. and... DAVID HASSELHOFF!.

Pics to come soon when my friend brings back my megadeth t-shirt from a US gig

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
maiden
zeppelin
pink floyd
metallica (80´s)
black sabbath

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
1. Boards of Canada, those tunes changed my life.
2. Stabbing Westward, I can completely indentify with the Wither Blister Burn & Peel album's lyrics.
3. Nine Inch Nails, just a great band, great lyrics, great music.
4. Rammstein, awesome band, great lyrics (if you understand German or read tranlated lyrics).
5. Slipknot, good band angry music, good music.

Others include KoRn, Adema, Soundgarden, U2, Chemical Brothers, Jamiroquai, Orgy, Zeromancer, Mudvayne, Godsmack, Manson, Otep, Linkin Park, Disturbed and many more. all in no particular order.

My music taste is so diverse I can't really do it justice with this list, I love almost all music.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join