It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some insight on "spirit guides"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Okay...I don't know what to think right now, and I would love some insights from you guys/and yes gals.

Alright, I've been trying to understand myself for the longest time, this led me to go on a spiritual journey, basically a psychological stuggle to better understand myself and find myself. So far so good, I've gain a better understand of myself and expanded my horizons and experiences with all thing paranormals even more.

Well then, where should I begin....okay..

What are "spirit guides" ?
Who discovered the "spirit guide"? (If this is fake then...Who created the term "spirit guide"?)
How can I contact them? (If this is real?)

Well to be honest I do believe we all have one, but its more like your guardian, protecting you, it could be you deceased friends or family, or someone different all together.

But, from what I heard "spirit guides" are souls or entities that are suppose to help you spiritually develop, so they somewhat differ from a guardian angel of some sort. My only concern was that I heard about spirit guide when I was doing research about "Slyvia Brown". To be honest I don't think she's authentic, she seems to be fake to me, after I heard her answered a few calls. She obviously use context clues from the stories the caller tells her and then use it to her advantage and charges like mucho dinero for a call. That's just me...she could be authentic but I will need to do more reseach for that later.

So I think I'm pretty sketchy on if "Slyvia Brown" is a real psychic. But that still doesn't disclose the fact that "spirit guide" might be real. My gut feeling say they are real.

[edit on 3-12-2005 by skyblueff0]

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
My understanding of the term spirit guide is this; its from native american mysticism (sp?) and refers to a spirit that you communicate with through trance or meditation. One would ask questions or ask for advice from their spirit guide about important things to access a sort of collective wisdom that exists in the spirit world.

If your really set on communicating with a spirit guide and heading down a path towards shamanism then I would highly suggest checking out Secrets of Shamanism by Jose and Lena Stevens, it is a very good introduction to principles of Shamanism and how to interact with the spirit world.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
From what I have read (can't say I have experienced all of it), there are many ways and many different types of enlightened beings/forces out there that are willing to help you.

This is just what I think, it's okay if you don't agree. I also just made up most of these terms as generics, so don't think that this is what everyone calls them:

Guide: You have one "personal guide" that is the easiest and most reliable to get help from. This being seems to be highly developed and entirely different than you, but it is actually a more evolved form of you. When you die, stuff will happen. You will grow as an entity until you become able to do the "guide-like" sort of thing, and come back and help yourself in the past (if you ask for it). Robert Monroe described this best.

Beings of Light: Various entities out there that you may consider "angels". They are there to help you out and help you grow spiritually.

Masters: Believe it or not, most of the great past spiritual teachers of the world are at your access. All you have to do is ask the right way and you can be talking to Jesus, Anubis, Confucious, or anyone else that you would typically expect to be "enlightened".

God itself/himself/herself: Nothing to say on this topic, I have just heard from people that it is possible.

But of course there is also a number of not-so-good things out there that may contact you as well if you open yourself up. So just be aware that there are some "guides" out there who really arent guides at all, and just want to decieve you.

Okay, that's enough craziness for now

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Thank you guys, I just wasn't sure if spirit guide were real, because like I said before I heard it from "Slyvia Brown"...urg...

Well thats cool, you guys gave me something to think about...

I'll take a look into that book alternateheaven!!

Yarcofin...I've heard of those terms you've mention. I have heard that your "guide" is a more spiritually advance version of you. But kinda seems strange, almost like a paradox, having two souls at once, in one location at the same time.

[edit on 4-12-2005 by skyblueff0]

top topics

join