It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn Riddle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Okay me and my cousin just had a freakin 40mins debate about one of this riddle he came up with:

consider the following "facts":
1 + 1 = 2 2 + 2 = 4 6 + 6 = 12
7 + 7 = 2 12 + 12 = 12
There is a well known item that corresponds to these facts (aka make them true) and you use this everyday..what is it?
------------------
The Answer(JUST HIGHLIGHT THIS PART): A CLOCK

But then, I told him the riddle was stupid because some people use digital clocks in military time, and so 12+12 = 24

I also told him that if he told the multiverse theroy into account, where each universe has its own set of theories then it could be possible than his mathematical equation could be plausible.

I told him the item is the brain because the brain can make facts whatever the brain wants it to be, if the brain wants to make blue + red = pie, then the equation it shall equal pie.

Also if you type in the who equations such as "12+12=24" into Word Document or Notepad you would the same result because it is a string.(for you computer junkie)

I'm just agitated because...he keeps denying it...I need some voices to see who's right, and do you guys have anymore things that could disprove his answer to the riddle..and ruin the riddle itself.

mod edit:

General ATS Discussion Etiquette
4) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

[edit on 4-12-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
hey sky, i agree with you
the brain makes whatever it wants true
just like a computer... whatever you program in makes it true

and to think i lost points on the SAT's math section
because i wrote red + blue = pie... im glad you agree with me

-UnterMir

join