It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslim Leader Trying To Win Freedom For Four Hostages In Iraq.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Anis al-Tikriti, the British peace activist and Muslim leader has gone to Baghdad to try to open communications with insurgents who are holding four people hostage.
The four people belong to Christian Peacemaker Teams. Two of them are Canadian and the others are from Britain and the US. The kidnapers will kill the hostages if their demands are not met by December 8th.

www.upi.com
A British peace activist and Muslim leader arrived in Baghdad Saturday to try to win the release of four hostages from Britain, Canada and the United States.

Anas Altikriti hopes to meet with Sunni Muslim leaders in an effort to open communications with the kidnappers, the BBC reports. Altikriti represents the Muslim Association of Britain, Stop The War and Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament.

The hostages, Norman Kember of Britain, Tom Fox from the United States and Canadians James Loney and Harmeet Singh Sooden, are members of the Christian Peacemaker Teams, an organization that has been active in Iraq since 2002.

The kidnappers, a group called Swords of Truth Brigades, claim they are actually spies.

In a video broadcast Friday, the kidnappers said the hostages would be killed unless all prisoners now being held in Iraq and in U.S. detention centers are freed.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The hostages are innocent people who were in Iraq to help its people. I really hope that Anis al-Tikriti can get through to the kidnappers and convince them to let these people go.
The kidnapper’s demands will not be met. This is just another senseless waste of life.

Related News Links:
www.sciencedaily.com
www.abc.net.au
www.unison.ie

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
New hostages....
NEWS: Al-Jazeera Airs Video Of Western Hostages

[edit on 3/12/2005 by Umbrax]

[edit on 7-12-2005 by asala]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well the dead line has now passed and there is still no word,

dead line runs out

This must be an awfull time for the familys waiting to here the fate of there loved ones,

There has been calls from all different people for the release of these men,

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Want to fight fire with fire.

Hold his family hostage and threaten the same until release is secured for our people. Oh wait, I am not involved in that any more

ALWAYS OUT FRONT, DRIVE ON !!!

Seriously I could care less what the liberals think at this point it is do or die on this war of ideologies. The end game is decades away and we must play to the end game. Those who think way up understand.

[edit on 10-12-2005 by IntelRetard]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard

Hold his family hostage and threaten the same until release is secured for our people. Oh wait, I am not

Who's family?
We dont know WHO they are or where they are.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by IntelRetard

Hold his family hostage and threaten the same until release is secured for our people. Oh wait, I am not

Who's family?
We dont know WHO they are or where they are.

I think he meant Anis Al-Tikriti.....Obviously living up too his username then....

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I applaud the Muslims out there like this man who are willing to take at least a semblance of a stand against this violence.

Frankly, to Muslims turning a blind eye to these things is almost tantamount to quietly giving it a "thumbs-up."

top topics

join