It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Civil Rights Group to Sue the CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I had a look to see if this has been posted, but my searches didn't turn anything up so I hope i'm not wasting space.

But according to The BBC

Source:

A US civil rights groups says it is taking the CIA to court to stop the transportation of terror suspects to countries outside US legal authority.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) says the intelligence agency has broken both US and international law.

It is acting for a man allegedly flown to a secret CIA prison in Afghanistan.

"The lawsuit will charge that CIA officials at the highest level violated US and universal human rights laws when they authorised agents to abduct an innocent man, detain him in incommunicado, beat him, drug and transport him to a secret CIA prison in Afghanistan," the ACLU said in a news release.

Some interesting stuff in there. I think its really great to see people standing up to these truly inhumane treatments that we just keep hearing more and more about.

Though I seriously wonder how far the case will get..

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Personally, I doubt ACLU or any other humanitarian organisation can do much to stop the CIA from doing whatever they want. The whole commotion about CIA keeping "ghost prisoners" in europe is kind of redundant to me. The CIA has been doing so for years and only know does people start to realize and/or start doing something about it.

I highly doubt anything will come out of all this. Hey, if many foreign entities can't get their hands on slapping the CIA, I don't think a single organisation like ACLU could hamper the CIA. They're CIA for a reason.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I would have to agree, I doubt that the CIA give a flaming Elephant buttock about what anyone thinks or does.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Sueing the CIA = Throwing Ice Cubes at the Devil.
no point

I'd definately like to be a judge in that case ... now that would be entertaining. no matter the evidence.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Right, good luck with that. I will be suprised if this goes anywhere. Ever.

Unless the ACLU is doing this for sheer publicity (like they need it), it really doesn't make much sense.

top topics

join