It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magick and Psionics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Okay, I finally decided to write an article on psionics and magick/magic/magik (how ever you wish to spell it), wait let me correct that, I finally have time to. I see these two things as closely related if not just different approaches to the same thing. I shall now explain my view points on each topic and then how I see them as related. These are all from my own experience and view points, so they might not be right for all people but maybe they are, just observations of mine really.

Magick/magic/magik (from this point forward will be referred to as magick)

Magic as I see it is using one’s true will to alter reality to a certain end, at first people would use spells and rituals to achieve this, as this helps them gain a certain mindset that allows them to use their true will more effectively. The rituals and spells also help them in gaining energy for such a spell to work. These spells and rituals aren’t really necessary but are tools which make the work easier. Eventually these tools can be phased out and the magick user can now use his true will directly and to a greater effect in less time.

That was the true will part of magick, but now you also get those who believe in the different types of magick. How magick is white, black or grey but from my experience it is not the magick which is such but the user’s intention that would cause the magick’s results to vary. This is why it is wise to clear your mind before you do any magick. For example if you are casting a spell to gain money and you are upset/angry with your uncle and then the chances are that something bad will happen to him and you would benefit from such, in this example gain money from it.

Now you get your different spheres of magick. Such as you get your elemental sphere, astral sphere, chaos sphere, etc. Personally I see these as the different sources of power or energy from which the spell would gain it’s power. Which is why magick users pay so much attention to the moon phase or the day for spells as they use that to power their spells.

Some of the greatest misconceptions about magick though is how people presume that spells will always work and how magick doesn’t require practice to become good and then the biggest one of all, how should the spell work, what you want will happen almost instantly via some mystical way. All magick really does would be arrange events such that your desired result suddenly becomes much more likely and thus will or might happen.

Personally I see magick more dependent upon external forces than internal.

Psionics

Psionics is the manipulation of energy by the mind. Now unlike magick in my opinion at least, psionics consists of various skills/abilities, ranging from creating a psiball to changing the weather. This is all done in my opinion by the manipulation of the energy or vibration frequency of the selected targets by using certain sections of the mind.

Now a few of the different abilities that I see as part of psionics are energy manipulation, elementalism, empathy, telekinesis or any kinesis for that matter, etc. Now depending on what you use and how often would result in certain things becoming easier or an adaptation occurring. For example how somebody who draws in energy from others or other sources can end up becoming a psi-vamp or someone who works with the elements a lot learns how to hear them talk and if they become skilled enough talk back (elementalist) or even learn how to listen to another’s thoughts (telepath). Each adaptation though has it’s own advantages or disadvantages, the telepath for example would know what people are thinking, but a disadvantage would be the fact that sometimes they hear thoughts that they shouldn’t, things people hide from them for their own good.

These like magick are skills which any can learn, just that some have an easier time than others with. Although a lot of people when they first come into it expect to see results within days or a few weeks at most when it is more likely that they would only see results in months, maybe even in years.

I see this more as dependent on you and less so on external forces.

Psionics and Magick

I see magick as a more or less easier approach then psionics, because through magick you are using your sub-conscious mind and your true will to cause things to happen in a broad spectrum whereas in psionics you tend to aim for a specific thing, not to mention that you are trying to do such consciously.

As I see it or rather from my experience it was easier to start with magick and then work psionics. I see it as such because of two factors.
• First the fact that if you see these forces as external they seem to be a lot more powerful in your mind and thus work to a greater effect. Also simplifies things a lot because of that factor.
• Second because it’s a lot easier to understand external forces than yourself, at least to most people their biggest puzzle is themselves, but that’s my opinion.

So as I see it psionics and magick are basically steps leading up to the same thing, the discovery of self and what you are capable of. Through it you learn that you are not only in control of yourself but the very world around you and that all you have to do is take the time to learn how to do such, or rather remember how to do such. Both are also dependent on energy and thus in my opinion are different ways to reach the same thing.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I was wondering why that Tsunami happened after a very emotional time with step-family members last christmas. I was put up in a condo on a beach 25 miles away from my familys house inland as if I was a diseased mutant to be kept out of the way, I was accused by my step-sister for being involved with a scuffle my step nephews they themselves got into(sibling disagreement),& I got totally rejected by strippers at a strip joint. I imagined sweeping army men and matchbox cars off a table one time when i was a kid before I went to bed December 25th, angry and full of hurt. I probably should use more restraint next time. Flew back on December 26th from Florida not a happy camper.
Think the Tsunami happened on the 26th.

Cug

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killer 5

I can't comment about the Psionics part as I have never seen/experienced any examples of it that I need to believe in it.

What you said about Magick is right on the nose except for the bit I quoted. I'll agree that magick is dependent upon external forces to manifest into "reality." but it's the internal force of the Will that is the most important part of the whole shebang.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

I can't comment about the Psionics part as I have never seen/experienced any examples of it that I need to believe in it.

What you said about Magick is right on the nose except for the bit I quoted. I'll agree that magick is dependent upon external forces to manifest into "reality." but it's the internal force of the Will that is the most important part of the whole shebang.

*nods* I agree, and thank you for pointing that out, I guess I didn't read and edit as thouroughly as I thought. I was actually refering at that point to when one starts magick. With me at least, I started it thinking that the power was in the spell and the beings or enities I envoked, while when I started psionics I knew it was reliant on me, but as I said you are right, it does focus on the will or true will of the practitioner, I guess I wasn't clear enough on that line.

So at the begining magick is based more on external influences while psionics is more internal at that stage.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Still, i think that both are based on personal will power, so, IMHO, we could say that their source is the same: personal willpower that puts in motion some kind of energy (and i think the energy is the same for both psionics and magick).

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'd like to learn more about the elementalist. I think I have an affinity for this. I'm not going to go into detail about it but if you're interested U2U me. Any advice on where to start?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I was thinking that an Elementalist is just a game name for someone who ... can tap into their Aura and have almost an OBE ... Anyways ... this is not the case unless you have studeid Meditation .... For a LONG PERIOD of time .. or you may have Indigo Children Tendacies depending ... What era you were born into ... and yes the .... Date you were born has alot to do with this ...

Well let me correct myself not neccisarily the date but .... the YEAR you were born ...

I am not sure as to why it is connected ... with the year you were born .. the only probably cause that I could even think of ... is there is alot more .. prequencies floating around since ... Digital phone service ... has came out ...
I really think that there is something to how we are changing from Analog to Digital service so fast ... it is the only change in the actual air waves that we send between towers .. that we have ever had ... Even in the Military and they usually have more Evolved techonologies than we do and for good reason ...

Where ever you are at in the world ... Woudln't you want to have some sort of technologies that no other country in the world ... have ?? Or at least wouldn't you like to think so ?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparhawk
Still, i think that both are based on personal will power, so, IMHO, we could say that their source is the same: personal willpower that puts in motion some kind of energy (and i think the energy is the same for both psionics and magick).

esentially that is true, two different approaches to achieve the same thing

Originally posted by MacMerdin
I'd like to learn more about the elementalist. I think I have an affinity for this. I'm not going to go into detail about it but if you're interested U2U me. Any advice on where to start?

Depends whether you are going to attempt such as a psion, magick user or a combination of both. Im me for more information.

Originally posted by 5Lostboy5
I was thinking that an Elementalist is just a game name for someone who ... can tap into their Aura and have almost an OBE ... Anyways ... this is not the case unless you have studeid Meditation .... For a LONG PERIOD of time .. or you may have Indigo Children Tendacies depending ... What era you were born into ... and yes the .... Date you were born has alot to do with this ...

Well you may be right about the name, but to each person a word can mean something totally different. For example, I saw an elementalist as someone who has an affinity to work with one or all of the elements. Words are nothing more than that, ways to describe ideas. Sometimes the same word can describe many ideas. So I put little emphasis on terms and specific words. Although I know the different ways of spelling magick each mean something different depending who you talk to.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally by killer 5

In my opinion true magick is all about brain change, which is very much an internal process, since it is our brains that create our individual realities...

We can use rituals, symbology and any number of tools to change our neural networks, ie. our perception of the "outside" world. Once we have begun the process of reprogramming our conditioning, we can begin to focus our will towards creating change in the outside world...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Totally agree with what Killer 5 said.

Personally, we could say my path was twofold.
On one hand, one of my relatives was quite a skilled psi, but sadly, i was too young when he died. Luckly, my grand father had the chance of overseeing many of his experiments and he wrote everything down and, well, they were amazing: objects moving around the room, a person in another room silently reading a random page from a random book and this psi could "see" what that person was reading. Personally i don't think it was a hoax, and i think my granny reliable on that.

On the other hand i approached Magick some years ago, came up with almost the same conclusions as Killer 5, and so now i'm trying a wider approach. We could say i try to merge both the "psi" and "magick" aspects, using the terms given by Killer 5.

Now, my "only" (as if it was a small one!!) obstacle is reaching that "willingful suspension of disbelief" (IMHO, i think that's the pivot of the subject) in order to make things work. Once acheived, i think it's the easiest part of the process, still the most difficult to acheive. I mean, for example sometimes i'm able to convey energy to heal minor things, such as headaches or stomachaches... so it means i'm at least capable of dabbling a little with energy; then why am i not able of making a psiwheel spin??

I think the pivot, as said before, is the willingful suspension of disbelief. Am i correct? Any suggestions on how to acheive it?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DruidTek
In my opinion true magick is all about brain change, which is very much an internal process, since it is our brains that create our individual realities...

We can use rituals, symbology and any number of tools to change our neural networks, ie. our perception of the "outside" world. Once we have begun the process of reprogramming our conditioning, we can begin to focus our will towards creating change in the outside world...

Would this go with the perception theory or the vibrational theory? I'm just curious as it could be either of the two.

On the other hand i approached Magick some years ago, came up with almost the same conclusions as Killer 5, and so now i'm trying a wider approach. We could say i try to merge both the "psi" and "magick" aspects, using the terms given by Killer 5.

To me it seemed to merge the moment I saw them as related, they clipped togather nicely forming a unit. After all they are different appoaches to the same thing and thus the methods fit nicely togather.

I mean, for example sometimes i'm able to convey energy to heal minor things, such as headaches or stomachaches... so it means i'm at least capable of dabbling a little with energy; then why am i not able of making a psiwheel spin??

It might not work because you believe it is harder than it really is and thus doubt your ability to be able to do such, but that is just a guess.

I think the pivot, as said before, is the willingful suspension of disbelief. Am i correct? Any suggestions on how to acheive it?

Practice and knowing, not believing but knowing that you can do it. Best suggestion would be to proove these abilities to yourself and I do agree with you that doubt and disbelief are the reason so many fail, but I wouldn't say it is the most important part of it, I'd say that it is a balance of things.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

tools can be phased out and the magick user can now use his true will directly and to a greater effect in less time.

Yes, I think you are right on here. I do think a personal routine consisting meditation and physical yoga helps to raise one up, but I agree that consistantly using a spell to gain the same result will compile dogma in your life that blinds your vision of the truth... the omnipotent power of Will. Invocations and spells as enacted on the physical plane are indeed pointless if one can concentrate on the spiritual and silently perform magic there.

I found this online at Walton Feed it is about finding wells with a dowsing/wicking technique... It proves your point well.

I grew up using brass rods. But I've also done it with coat hangers. Coat hangers work just as good but they are kind of flimsy and don't stay in your hand as well. A 1/4 inch brass rod is a nice stiff rod and stays in the hand nicely. Some people have used a forked branch off a willow tree. The reason we use brass rods is because they are easy to keep. You don't have to worry about going out and having to cut something down. I believe it doesn't matter what you use. Use whatever you feel comfortable with. One guy believed it would only work with a green branch from a cherry tree. That guy had this idea cemented so deeply in his mind that for him, he was right, only a green cherry tree branch worked work for him.

Cherry tree boy was lost in the dogma of it all. Point is if you want underground water... ask yourself, you know where it is... but a good set of brass rods will certainly help put you back in the "find the spring" mindset. Like putting the neon organge jacket on your hunting dog... it changes his mood.

How magick is white, black or grey but from my experience it is not the magick which is such but the user’s intention that would cause the magick’s results to vary.

I find the equation is pretty simple as to black white and grey. When you work on behalf of what ought to be (The Law) you are on the white side. When you work selfishly to amplify your money, power, and comfort relative to your peers you are on the black side. One Love is the way. The ratio of your Will which is working for The One True Self vs the self gives you the grey shade of your intentions. The darker the shade the more you progress toward the Christian Hell. The whiter your intention, the closer your soul comes to unifying itself with the Hindu Brahman. Does this mean dark grey magic should never be practiced? Not if you find yourselfs in the darkest reaches of Hell.

All magick really does would be arrange events such that your desired result suddenly becomes much more likely and thus will or might happen. Personally I see magick more dependent upon external forces than internal.

Exactly... The big rock is spinning hard and fast... one can only hope to subtly influence.

Psionics is the manipulation of energy by the mind.

I remember camping on a river bank with a few close friends the first time I experienced a genuine chi ball (psiball). I woke up just before dawn. I was in a period in my life where I was just breaking free mentally of the public educa... err indoctrination system. My magickal abilities were popping out like buds on a well pruned camelia tree in November. Anyway I got out of my tent and positioned my body like the Greek god Atlas. I felt it... for the first time ever, a mass of energy... so heavy and so real to me that I could hold onto it. I rolled it off of my shoulders and held it in front of me. As dawn broke, my camping buddies awoke to find me practicing flying round house kicks gracefully back to back as I shadow boxed an invisible enemy. I was doing things with my body never before possible simply by recognizing an energy mass that I could hold onto and orbit aroud. It was like having a dance partner. Before then I had never engaged in any serious martial arts training. I find experimenting with the positions that the Greek gods are posed in makes for excellent psychic energy building exercise... also pulling on an imaginary rope that that is exerting opposite pressure from a piont far away.

somebody who draws in energy from others or other sources can end up becoming a psi-vamp

I know a catholic priest like this... as much as his advice was good... his toll was always to great and self absorbed. I stopped visiting... couldn't handle any more of the "pity me".

or someone who works with the elements a lot learns how to hear them talk and if they become skilled enough talk back (elementalist)

I find good organic, nature-lovin' hippy, backyard-gardeners are like this.

Each adaptation though has it’s own advantages or disadvantages.

Definately... at the very least it can be alienating when surrounded by the masses... especially if your perceptive powers increase more rapidly than your Will. You may find yourself in a really poor situation, that until you developed the power, went unrecognized... and now you have to deal with it. Some times I find myself wishing I could have just died blind... like when I found out Jif peanut butter was cut with Crisco.

I see magick as a more or less easier approach then psionics, because through magick you are using your sub-conscious mind and your true will to cause things to happen in a broad spectrum whereas in psionics you tend to aim for a specific thing, not to mention that you are trying to do such consciously.

I live in a densely populated downtown area and I have transmission lines over my house (read *sucks*). I am actively pursing both magickal and political means of seeing to it that they are buried on a 3-4 year scale. However, I live in the house as I am renovating (what I do for a living ...it is all an illusion they say) and this thread spurs a thought... Does anyone know of psionic/telekinetic techniques to ground out EMI? A psychic sheild over my home? Right now I feel plagued by the radiation... one of the downsides of an enhanced conciousness. I suffer from anxiety, panic attacks, and tension headaches, especially when the air is moist and the coronal discharge greatest.

Anyway... I think this is an excellent thread Killer 5, and I have enjoyed commenting.

Peace, One Love...

Sri Oracle

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I AM.

Truth.

I AM.

Proof.

Are you?

How do you know?

I like to wake up in the morning and proclaim to myself, "I am a carpenter." I then act as a master carpenter would all day until I become tired. I end my day thinking, "I am a carpenter."

Some days I wake up knowing I have to visit the bank for a loan; to myself, "I am an exceptional negotiator" I allow my 'bagwa' (spelling off on that please help) side to take over. I walk into the bank as a skillful negotiator, I negotiate terms, sign on the dotted, and walk out... calm and cool. Remember that movie, with all the suped up jap cars where that one dude that doesn't talk walks into that situation where his friends are getting jumped. Calm and cool he steps into the situation, destroys the enemies with kung fu, and calm and cool walks away. The same way I walk away saying, "I am an exceptional negotiator."

Done. No room for disbelief. The Master has set an order... the slave must prove his Master correct. Develop your Master/slave relationship within your mind. If you are having problems with disbelief ask your Master to lessen his expectations for a little while so you can become more use to following his orders successfully. After carrying out orders effectively on small tasks for a few days let your Master know you are ready for a challenge. He will tell you what you Ought to do now. The several days of humbling yourself on petty tasks will pay off with your increased faith in your ability to do as your Soul commands.

You might be interested in "The Power of Will" by Frank Haddock... I have the 1921 cloth bound edition and turn to it any time I feel my Will is weak or when I have a huge mountain to climb.

Also, learn the word shih. It is the Master's job to develop the shih of his people.

Sri Oracle

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Good suggestions, thanks guys.
I'll do so and write here as soon as i manage to obtain something.

Only one last question: do you think psychic capabilities couls be connected with chakras and whether they are properly open or not?

Because i think mines are quite messed up, and so i was wondering if they were connected with psi...

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

one last question: do you think psychic capabilities couls be connected with chakras and whether they are properly open or not?

Because i think mines are quite messed up, and so i was wondering if they were connected with psi...

One's internal energy/chi/ki/etc. flows through one's charkas. So I'd say they might connected. Then again some might argue that that too is just a state of mind and thus may have an influence or may not have an influence.

But as you can guess, I'd say they have a role. Energy has to travel through them, or at least will if you want it to flow effectively. My curiosity though is what happens if you get the energy in your chakras to flow anti-clockwise or in reverse? It's just something I was wondering.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

My curiosity though is what happens if you get the energy in your chakras to flow anti-clockwise or in reverse? It's just something I was wondering.

Most spiritual groups teach people to awaken the chakras negatively, through the visualization of desires and through various practices that stimulate the chakras with egotistical or animal energy.

The only way to positively repair or open a chakra is to vocalize the chakra's particular vibrational note, while being in a state of pure awareness, and non-identification.

If the chakras are spinning negatively (which is quite often), the harmonious energy flow of our vital body will be blocked, and our psychic energy will be drained.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
About chakras, do i have to open them by myself, or also someone else, such as an experienced Reiki user, can do it?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
first google hit on "opening chakras" gives a pretty good how-to

Opening Chakras

I personally try not to get to technical about my meditation... positive attitude goes a long way alone when exercising ones' Will; the goal of magic/psionics

Auuuummm,

oracle

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

About chakras, do i have to open them by myself, or also someone else, such as an experienced Reiki user, can do it?

Can you get fit by watching an excercise video?

To repair or open chakras positively you must vocalize the chakra's particular vibrational note, so that it resonates through all your body.

For the crown/third eye chakras the vibrational note is E as in tree. For the heart chakra the vibrational note is O as in oracle.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 12/12/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Thanks for your help guys.

Just for curiosity i made the chakra test in the linked site and has emerged that some of my chakras are under active... a couple of them -4th and 5th- especially are quite in a bad shape, according to the test, and it matches with my personal experience.

Anyway, site saved in my favourites, now it's time to do some exercises

top topics

<<   2 >>

join