It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lincoln Group - Source of Fake Iraqi News

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Perhaps you need to read up more on this but this isn't just a case of "paying to print good stories", this is fake news.

no YOU and others like you who twist news out of political biased witch hunting to say what was never said need to read up on this, you need to read without looking for what you WANT to see, when you believe nothing and read you see through this biased crap....untill you and others can read with clear minds you wont realis the kind of ignorance youre fueling with these kinds of threads

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I will refrain from comment and agree to disagree with you.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
opinion is not the holy grail, facts are, disagree with the truth if you want but it changes nothing, it just dumbs people down so far that opinion becomes fact and truth blurs with suspicion.

this is frustrating to argue anything on here anymore with critical thinking, but oh well.

you call it fake, i call it truth, if it was proven you'd say it was a lie if it never is proven its a lie too....endless...

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I can say exactly the same thing as you namehere yet we're on opposite sides of this issue.

www.scoop.co.nz...
The Times reported that while the articles are basically factual, they present only one side of events and omit information that might reflect poorly on the U.S. or Iraqi governments. Records and interviews indicate that the U.S. has paid Iraqi newspapers to run dozens of such articles, with headlines such as "Iraqis Insist on Living Despite Terrorism," since the effort began this year, the newspaper wrote.

"basically factual" isn't good enough in a free society with free press.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I think it's also important for those who don't believe this harmful to the cause to read the views of the arab world. Remember we're supoosed to win their hearts and minds, not scare them and instill more distrust against us.

The News About Fake News

One piece, for example, cited by the New York Times, is cheerily titled “The Sands of Victory Are Blowing Toward a Democratic Iraq,” with a lead that goes thus: “Western press and frequently those self-styled ‘objective’ observers of Iraq are often critics of how we, the people of Iraq, are proceeding down the path in determining what is best for our nation.” It even quotes from the Hadith to support its call for unity, and scorns those who express pessimism about the country’s future.

When the US government intentionally plants fake news and commentary in the Iraqi press, disguised as independent reporting — presumably to distort the picture in favor of the occupation — the harm to the US reputation as a whole clearly far outweighs the benefits.

Washington cannot set out to convince Arabs that it will “introduce” them to democracy when it subverts a major building block of democracy — an independent, free media — by engaging in crude, unethical and propagandistic practices worthy of an East European regime under Soviet control.

In the US, a reporter or editor dumb enough, or unprofessional enough, to be party to the egregious practice of publishing fake news will get a kick in the behind, that is, before he gets fired. By planting phony stories in Iraqi newspapers, the Pentagon in effect is saying that while it is not done here in the US, it can be done there. Those Third World Arabs don’t know a free press from a hole in the wall anyhow. They’ll believe anything they’re told. Now that would be a troubling stance if it were true.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Whose fooling Americans? The positive true reports form Iraq or stories published by the NY Times who undermines the President and Military everyday. I ask which one is more helpful toward winning the war in Iraq? I mean that's the goal here right? To win in Iraq, or is the goal to make the war look as bleak as possible so some people can say I told you so?. Don't come here talking about fake stories when every day in the media we only here one sided reporting. I don't see you complaining about the one sided reports in the mainstream media, or is that somehow ok?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Stop Feeding the White Elephant

edit: link fix

[edit on 12/19/2005 by Gools]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Huh? The Mainstream Media has been completely blind and deaf for the past few months, it is only recently literally weeks since the mound under the rug has grown to a proportion that the media can no longer ignore it.

and btw above link is superb

and another thing, would you prefer that the government just goes about all of this and little by little chip away at basic fundamental freedoms and the media just not cover it? We cannot preach one thing and practice another.

[edit on 12-19-2005 by worldwatcher]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join