It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
most people are always looking for something to cure what is wrong with them. or how to become rich or better looking. the only way you are going to find this is to look inside yourself. because the thing that fixes all is your spirit. no other person can fix you, you have to fix yourself. no voodoo or spells are going to fix you permanently only your will and your spirit. being and people sell things that will fix you or they say they can fix you but they cant fix you permanently. these people sell these products to make money, they work on your low self esteem. tap into your own spirit and you can be anything you want effortlessly. so stop making excuses and just do it. you dont ned the holy grail, your spirit is the holy grail.
love abydos

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What a wonderful message.

Thanks...

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
hi does anyone know how i can move this thread to the
faith, spirituality, and theology forum. i think it would be better there.
thanks
love abydos

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Perfect message.

About your hulk and the "Deny Hate".

Food for thought:

How can we truly justify our hate for anyone/anything if we were not first afraid/fearful that what we hate had the potential to take/deminish someone/something we love?

The only reason hate has any legitimacy within our perceptions is because of fear.

The only reason fear has any legitimacy within our perceptions is because of the genetic disposition/handicap of every cell in our body having the command/instinct of "Self Preservation".

To deny hate is to deny fear. However, noticing within ourselves what it is that provides that hate is finding and addressing fear itself. The only true power that exists lies dormant behind the door that is labelled fear in the hallways of our minds. To get to the door labelled "Fear", you must first open all the doors labelled "Hate".

You can not walk through the door labelled "Fear" knowing you will be entering it alone, therefore you must have that which serves as a prerequisite to even finding the door.

Peace,
John

[edit on 2-12-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Perhaps there is nothing we need to fix?

The egoic mindset is one of non-acceptance. Most of us are never truly at ease at this moment. We are continually labelling this moment as a means to an end, and are in a constant search for another moment, in the future, that will fulfill us.

Through this non-acceptance of the now, and the lingering in the future, arises the idea that there is something that we don't have right now, but that if we had in the future, we would be at ease. The cure for this continual denial of the present moment is obviously to accept it. When we truly accept this moment the incessant stream of repetitive and conditioned thought patterns stop. Once we accept the "suchness", or "isness" of this moment, we step out of that state of unease, and we become at peace. When we don't need the present moment to be a certain way, we stop trying to fix it.

Happiness cannot be found in the future, that is the egoic mindset which causes so much suffering. Peace and happiness can only be found now. The future is merely an illusion.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Perfect message.

I agree--a timely reminder for all of humanity--any time!

How can we truly justify our hate for anyone/anything if we were not first afraid/fearful that what we hate had the potential to take/deminish someone/something we love?

Excellent point. If we could remove our attachments to (what we perceive as) our comforts and the dark cloud of uncertainty and potential loss dissipates.

The only reason hate has any legitimacy within our perceptions is because of fear.

And that fear is directly a result of trying to hold on to things and even people that are not ours to begin with. Regardless of so-called 'ownership' and 'relationships' there are essential truths that undermine our illusions regarding same: that 'heaven and earth will pass away' as well as the fact that all material substance in our world is composed of the same finite set of chemical elements--the composition and energy structure varies, but at the bottom line of the chemical equation, carbon is carbon and nitrogen is nitrogen, etc... What we perceive as a 'desk' or a 'car' are ultimately no different than what we perceive as a 'pet.' Even the process of circulation of gasses and fluids is a function that all things share, on one level or another, whether it be transpiration or oxidation.
And as far as relationships are concerned--our souls are united in a way we cannot sever--not realizing this does not make it untrue--just unknown.

The only reason fear has any legitimacy within our perceptions is because of the genetic disposition/handicap of every cell in our body having the command/instinct of "Self Preservation".

We resist the identification we deduce from our particular complexity as a carbon based, oxygen exchanging part of the whole. Our ego seems to feel it has no basis of its own--resisting the harmony of the soul's acceptance of unity.

To get to the door labelled "Fear", you must first open all the doors labelled "Hate".

I think for some it might be not 'hate' but perhaps 'insecurity' or 'anger' or even 'depression.' All of these are defense reactions driven by our emotional component--involuntary remembrances of previous imbalances in our psyche.
As long as they are reactions, the idea of 'response' as a way to overcoming the cycle is non-existent.

You can not walk through the door labelled "Fear" knowing you will be entering it alone, therefore you must have that which serves as a prerequisite to even finding the door.

What exactly to do you mean when you say that? What I think of is the situation of crisis which brings a person to a fork in the road where they must make a choice--and usually the 'right' decision is driven by an obligation toward another mandated by the only thing more powerful than any negative emotion: [color=#993399]Love

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
Perhaps there is nothing we need to fix?

'It only becomes a problem once you give it that name.'

The egoic mindset is one of non-acceptance. Most of us are never truly at ease at this moment. We are continually labelling this moment as a means to an end, and are in a constant search for another moment, in the future, that will fulfill us.

Our ego is never truly 'on our side,' for it searches continually to find some sort of reason for existing beyond itself--and some source of happiness other than its own awareness.

Through this non-acceptance of the now, and the lingering in the future, arises the idea that there is something that we don't have right now, but that if we had in the future, we would be at ease. When we don't need the present moment to be a certain way, we stop trying to fix it.

I just had this same conversation with my boss last week--what always comes to my mind is 'Wishing is for suckers.'

Happiness cannot be found in the future, that is the egoic mindset which causes so much suffering. Peace and happiness can only be found now. The future is merely an illusion.

There is a buddhist proverb:

'When wishes are few, the heart is happy. When desire ends, there is peace.'

[edit on 12/3/2005 by queenannie38]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
hey, i like the Hulk he is big and green. and as far as the deny hate thing goes it is the persons trademark that made my avatar. me personal hate does not ever enter into my mind, i love all.
love abydos

[edit on 4-12-2005 by abydos]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by abydos
most people are always looking for something to cure what is wrong with them. or how to become rich or better looking. the only way you are going to find this is to look inside yourself. because the thing that fixes all is your spirit.

Trying to "fix" yourself without Jesus Christ is pointless. A person's spirit is dead until the acceptance of Christ and then the regeneration work done by the Holy Spirit brings a person's spirit back to life so that person can hear God and be changed.

That's the Christmas message.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

most people are always looking for something to cure what is wrong with them. or how to become rich or better looking. the only way you are going to find this is to look inside yourself. because the thing that fixes all is your spirit.

Trying to "fix" yourself without Jesus Christ is pointless. A person's spirit is dead until the acceptance of Christ and then the regeneration work done by the Holy Spirit brings a person's spirit back to life so that person can hear God and be changed.

Can it really be that anything not cloaked in seminary-speak is totally hidden to your understanding? Do you interpret everything based on your own attachments rather than on objective examination?

I can offer an 'translation' of what abydos said that maybe you can understand:

You say we must 'fix' ourselves with Christ, and Christ alone. What is the first step?

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

But what purpose does this serve? Does this 'fix' a person, in and of itself?

1 Peter 3:21
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Ah-ha! It is for the purpose of 'cleansing one's conscience.' Where is the conscience? Definitely within.

Matthew 23:24-28
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

So--the fixing starts from within. What else is within all of us, beside a conscience?

Mark 7:20-23
And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

These are the things that require the 'cleansing' and the 'fixing.'

Luke 17:20-21
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

'If a man love me...' Who is 'me?'

'I am the way, the truth, and the life.'

'keep my words...' What were they?

Matthew 22:37-40
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

How does one love God? By loving that which God created--self and all others.

'And all things are of God...'

Galatians 5:22-24
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

'Crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.'

What does that mean?

because the thing that fixes all is your spirit. no other person can fix you, you have to fix yourself. no voodoo or spells are going to fix you permanently only your will and your spirit. being and people sell things that will fix you or they say they can fix you but they cant fix you permanently. these people sell these products to make money, they work on your low self esteem. tap into your own spirit and you can be anything you want effortlessly. so stop making excuses and just do it. you dont ned the holy grail, your spirit is the holy grail.

Proof?

John 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

That's the Christmas message.

Truly, the message I get from christmas these days is 'buy, spend, eat, drink, generally riot in excess.'

What we are speaking of in this thread is the 'message of life.'

[edit on 12/4/2005 by queenannie38]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i really like this discussion. the power of us all is the spirit.
love abydos

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
And I really dig your signature, abydos!!

join