It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mass poisoning of humanity: an exploration of human stupidity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The mass poisoning of humanity: an exploration of human stupidity.

It's a great read and many of you would be familiar with some of the topics. Do explore the rest of his site as all the material of of similar quality. Enjoy.

Stellar

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Right on point, very good article to bring up the serious issue of today's society. Perhaps not intentionally, but definetely being poisoned, want it or not.. It's everywhere.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

And yet, in our food supply, we take chlorine atoms and we attach them to molecules that used to be sugar, and we call that a safe sweetener.

We take chlorine attached to another dangerous substance, sodium, and sprinkle it across our french fries, meat, chips, etc. And it is a rock!

It not like we take lethal doses of these materials. There small amount of chlorine in water supplies and chlorine in pool. Anybody afraid to go swim and take drink of water?

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is just another guy trying to get some attention using big words.

He will probably try to ban Dihydrogen monoxide.

But one thing this shows is that I may live in a not so "advanced" country as the United States but at least I know what I eat and drink.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
From the linked article:

Having used the word "stupid" throughout this editorial, I use it deliberately. I don't mean it in the way that a teenager might say, "My stupid little brother flipped me off." I mean it in a more precise way, in the way defined by Dictionary.com:
Stupid:

1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.

Apparently, Mr. Mike Adams has no clue as to what the Flynn effect is?

Can you think of a better word to describe the people around here?

Sure can: self-destructive, naive, ignorant, trusting, hapless, pitiful, etc.
Mr. Mike Adams use of stupid may be correct in serving his descriptive purposes, but amounts to nothing but semantics. I am almost certain that Mr. Mike Adams was not born knowing what he is now reporting on, thus indicating to me that he, at one time, must be stupid himself, in that he has undoubtedly had his own experiences with flouride, hydrogenated oils. red meat, etc, etc.

As Einstein once said, "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Ah, yes, lets quote someone smart, who undoubtedly is stupid, since Einstein ate red meat, etc., so as to make one's argument not so markedly dubious. Nice....not....

seekerof

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Sure can: self-destructive, naive, ignorant, trusting, hapless, pitiful, etc.

seekerof

Oh thank god!!! At first I thought we'd stuck with that "stupid" label as the definitive term for our actions as human beings.

Thank you for clearing that all up Seekerof. Your labels, which I also agree are much more accurate, are much more comforting.

Now I no longer have to worry about the whole of Humanity being "stupid" to the point of causing our own mass extinction. Instead I can simply exchange "stupid" for one of those other "synonyms" for "stupid" and skip happily along my way to self induced disease and eventual suicide.

Ummm, will someone please pass me the "partially-hydrogenated chlorine" for my "Prozac Pancakes" w/ a side of "Fluorosilicic Home-Fries"??? I know I should cut down, but I just love that feeling of heart disease and anal leakage!!! Mmmmm, just like Mom used to make!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Do you have hourly rates or do you do this for fun? Your certainly qualified and i hope to employ your services in the future; if i can afford you that is.

Stellar

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Oh, oh, me too, me too! I would like some anal leakage as well, except this time I want some "diarrhea" or some of the "severe digestive problems" they advertise as possible side effects with those "wonderful" pills advertised on TV. Could I please, please. "Severe digestive problems" are so much better than the "heartburn" that I need to get rid of.

And could I have some more of that Clorox tap water! I love the strong smell of Chlorine when I turn on the sink! MMMM-MMMM tasty!

Man, those guys are good on the TV drug commercials. They spit out a list of side effects without even flinching. Skill, it takes skill to do that.

I think I'm going to put Petrol in soft gels and advertise it as a sedative. "Now you might notice a burning sensation.... These side effects are normal. If you should start to bleed uncontrollably, see your doctor quick!"

I swear, drug companies must think the world is full of fools!

Troy

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Oh, oh, me too, me too! I would like some anal leakage as well, except this time I want some "diarrhea" or some of the "severe digestive problems" they advertise as possible side effects with those "wonderful" pills advertised on TV. Could I please, please. "Severe digestive problems" are so much better than the "heartburn" that I need to get rid of.

And could I have some more of that Clorox tap water! I love the strong smell of Chlorine when I turn on the sink! MMMM-MMMM tasty!

Man, those guys are good on the TV drug commercials. They spit out a list of side effects without even flinching. Skill, it takes skill to do that.

I think I'm going to put Petrol in soft gels and advertise it as a sedative. "Now you might notice a burning sensation.... These side effects are normal. If you should start to bleed uncontrollably, see your doctor quick!"

I swear, drug companies must think the world is full of fools!

Troy

There is a place called Mexico where you can get that non-chlorined water you so desperatly seek. :r

And to let you know, petrol is used in medicine, particularly pills. You wouldn't be the first.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have heard of oil or derivative in something like Prozac. Crazy stuff.

Troy

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

When we talk about mercury fillings, you have to keep in mind that mercury is simply one of the most toxic substances you can put into the human body, aside from radioactive substances. Right now, today, dentists all across the country and around the world are taking this highly toxic metal and literally putting it into the teeth of human beings.

Then use gold or silver.

Flouride-They want every person in the community to actually drink this substance.

It has been passed into use by my city. So I should go out and buy bottled water? What are the criteria for filtering my water? How can I trust some industrial plant?

Our population is being poisoned with artificial chemical sweeteners.

This is sort of a catch-22. Some people will argue that naturally occuring sugar is just as bad. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, eh?

And yet we have entire groups, food lobbies and public apologizers who run around saying that these ingredients are perfectly good for you. There's nothing wrong with drinking formaldehyde and formic acid. You'll be fine! Drink more!

What the...? He said that aspertame BREAKS DOWN into these components. It is QUITE different to have some aspertame than it is to actually swig formaldehyde.

And yet, in our food supply, we take chlorine atoms and we attach them to molecules that used to be sugar, and we call that a safe sweetener.

We put all kind of atoms and molecules together to create different things. But hey...the heck with science. Let's just sit on our collective behinds with our barefoot feet in the non-pesicide grass.

The next terrible poison on the list is hydrogenated oils.

Please. These are easy enough to limit or eliminate.

That's why the daily consumption of processed meats has now been clinically shown to produce a 6,700% increase in the risk of pancreatic cancer!

And yet the link on the side says it is a 67% increase. Which is it? And it's easy enough to cut out processed meats. And the linked article says this research is flawed. Wow. Way change my mind.

When you ingest sodium nitrite, it mixes with the digestive juices of your stomach and creates a class of chemical compounds called nitrosamines.

And then the human body does what it naturally does-eliminates the poisons properly, like so many others we apparently ingest.

Let's look at the personal care products industry, because practically every brand name shampoo, cologne, perfume, deodorant, antiperspirant or other personal care product on the market is made with toxic fragrance chemicals.

Ok, so now not only am I starving, I am also going to smell.

People are poisoning their minds with antidepressant drugs that promote violent behavior and suicides. They're poisoning their cardiovascular system with beta-blockers and other drugs. And of course they're poisoning their livers.

Oh, that's right. To heck with the millions of people it HELPS.

Chemotherapy-How toxic is this stuff? Well, gee, think about it, your hair falls out, you get sick and you vomit -- are these signs that maybe this stuff doesn't belong in your body?

I swear, I have never been so angered in my LIFE. This guy should shut up and research drugs or HEALTHY, ALL NATURAL ways to HELP cancer patients like my Grandmother, who is a breast cancer survivor of 8 years, instead of bashing chemotherapy.

Let's see: #1 in obesity, #1 in diabetes, #1 in cancer, #1 mental disorders, and we have the HIGHEST health care costs in the world, too.

And HOW long is the life expectancy rate in America, as opposed to other countries, who have to live with polluted water to bathe and drink, bombs dropping on thier heads, rats and plague lining the streets...?

I love how this guy bashes our entire ways of living, yet offers no solution. Pffffffffft.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Rouschkateer,

You mention millions of people helped by these antidepressant drugs. Where are these millions of people? A "cure" that hurts more people than it helps is not an acceptable cure. The people I know within my family who have taken antidepressant type drugs have generally not had good results with these types of drugs. This crap never made it to my grocery list and never will. This may sound a little harsh, but I know a trash product when I see it. Drug companies are making millions while poisoning our nation, and I just don't see that as right. There is no way I can justify it. My feeling is if it isn't hurting you now, give it some time to tear down your body and you will see the negative effects soon enough.

And your body can hang on to poisons and have a lingering effect on your body. Your body doesn't allways readily eliminate toxins. This is why when people cleanse their bodies they feel better.

Yes, you make a good point of avoiding those poisonous things in our diets. But the sad thing is, we are surrounded by these toxins.

Troy

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Honestly, it bugs me... I am as careful as I can be about what I ingest. I drink filtered water... it won't filter out the chlorine, but it does filter out the flouride... I limit my use of antipersperants... I know how long I can go before I start to "stink", and it cuts my absorbtion of aluminum salts by easily 3/4. I watch what I drink and try to stay away from processed sugars, such as corn syrup.

BUT, alas, I can't help but put that syrup on my pancakes, or eat that salty ground pork-in-a-tube, or drink unfiltered water when I am away from home and run out of what I took with me... just can't help it, but I estimate that all-in-all I cut my toxin intake by about 1/3 by just being cautious of what I do to my body.

The thing that gets me more, though, is all the power lines around... where I live (and I'm selective as I can be about that, too...) there aren't too many lines.... but at my work we have electric sub-floor heating... we have to turn off the heat while we work on our computers (I make signs) because the screen will shimmer from the electricity running through the floor... now THAT bugs me! It doesn't suprise me that my boss had cancer.... luckily it's only during winter months.

Simple (not quite a) solution: just watch what you eat.... don't stuff yourself at every sitting, avoid as many hormone-ridden fruits, veggies, and meat products as possible, try to buy mainly fresh products to avoid preservatives, use salt sparingly, eat lots of garlic and peppers, and drink your half gallon of green tea every day.... don't forget your Flintstone's Vitamins!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Right, so the article says that we are fed this chlorine in our food an that is is poisionous...yeah only in the Cl2 gas. For example, we eat salt, like has been said we put on our chips and all over our food. Sodium Chloride (common salt) contains chlorine, and is rendered completely safe when it is in Sodium Chloride. WHY? This is a stable molecule, unreactive.
In FACT we rely upon salt to SURVIVE, we need salt for our nervous system, as the nervous system requires the ions (sodium +) to produce current.

*Edit - Yes we dissolve chlorine in our swimming pools and it makes our eyes sting. That is annoying, that is Cl in its toxic like form.

I must agree that if mercury is being used as its common form in fillings it could be dangerous. It would also be a liquid. This is not the case and it cannot be pure mercury that is in fillings, it'd be liquid just like the thermometer.
Another example. 'Flouride' in our drinking water. Yes, flourine the chemical element alone will kill us, and infact is one of the most reactive substances. However, when reacted with other chemicals it can be one of the most stable, unreactive and harmless. And just because it is really acidic, well so are a lot of unharmful things. For example we have acid in out own stomach (hydrochloric), and it is useful to us.

I mush admit however, there is a lot of suspicion over additives of detain types, such as the Sudan colourings which are suspected cancer agents and used to be put in our food.

If you ask me there are much more stupid things we do to ourselves such as drinking alcohol. Alcohol is a dangerous chemical. Infact it will dissolve the ceel surface membranes in out body, (dissovle the phosphlipid bilayer) and we still drink that? Yes people have died due to alcohol, but it is safe in moderation.

Another stupid thing we do to ourselves is smoke.

The lead in fuels was a very big error, however as this caused so much problems and medical conditions (mainly neurone damages) and this left people brain damaged and the such.

Heck the stuff that really causes cancer is nuclear waste. Now we ought to worry about that.

[edit on 8/12/05 by Shakeyjc]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Shakeyjc

Thanks for explaining the chemical side of it much better than I could have.

Originally by Cybertroy
You mention millions of people helped by these antidepressant drugs. Where are these millions of people?

How the heck should I know? They aren't jumping off bridges, but nor are they creating a directory listing. This author cites NOT sources. I would like to know where these "millions" of people antidepressants DON'T help are. And no, I don't take any Pharmaceuticals. Not even for a headache. But I did look it up for you.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Okay...

Serious question here. Why do we put up with these pills & their "side effects"? The side effects, that are sometimes worse than what they were treating.

We've had "natural cures" for thousands of years, yet we (not Me, I use natural cures) the ignorant, naive public, trust companies who are out only for their financial benefit.

Sorry, I don't use pills that cause Me painful urination, or sleeplessness, or sexual side effects (like a lack of sex drive), or painful bloating. I don't see the reason behind using a pill, that is mixed up with the things that casue these ill side effects.

Natural cures are out there, seek them out. Use Yahoo to find them, after asking a doctors advice. Hopefully, he'll be an honest doctor, & not someone who get's "free samples".

I deliver pizzas for a living...do you know how many "Drug Representitives" buy pizzas & other foods for doctors offices? Too many to count....& some of them tip worth crap too, lol.

In 1 year (I've been delivering for 12 years), I have delivered to 50 different doctors offices, with Drug Reps paying for their food, & see all the other freebies they give the doctors staff too, like free ink pens, free mouse padds, etc, with the drug of this weeks choice on them.

I say
to natural cures &
to the pathetic drug companies who want to help make mindless Zombies.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rouschkateer
And HOW long is the life expectancy rate in America, as opposed to other countries, who have to live with polluted water to bathe and drink, bombs dropping on thier heads, rats and plague lining the streets...?

And HOW many countries do you think are like that?
And I live in a USA city and I see rats everywhere. You ever been to NYC?
And we don't need the plague, our own medical services kill enough every year to count as an epidemic. Not too mention auto accidents, murders (of which the US has one of the highest rates in the world), not too mention our passion for invading other countries and causing "colateral damage".

Here's a reality check, most of the World is just as advance if not more than the good 'ole USA.

List of World Life Expectancy...

geography.about.com...

As you can see the USA is not the highest. Japan is.

Maybe you should get out more....

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by Rouschkateer

And HOW many countries do you think are like that?
And I live in a USA city and I see rats everywhere. You ever been to NYC?
And we don't need the plague, our own medical services kill enough every year to count as an epidemic. Not too mention auto accidents, murders (of which the US has one of the highest rates in the world), not too mention our passion for invading other countries and causing "colateral damage".

Here's a reality check, most of the World is just as advance if not more than the good 'ole USA.

List of World Life Expectancy...

geography.about.com...

As you can see the USA is not the highest. Japan is.

Maybe you should get out more....

Wow, no need to get personal.

I was simply trying to state that we have it better off than some other countries do. Japan is not a 2nd or 3rd world country. If their life expectancy rate is better than ours, then goody for them.
I wouldn't live in a city where rats run free. If that's the way it is where you live, I would question the sanitation practices in the city.
I don't believe auto accidents and "collateral damage" is part of the discussion, so I won't debate those points. I don't believe that our medical practices kill enough every year to count as an epidemic, because everyone I know (EVERYONE, in work, social settings, etc) is still alive and kicking. No one has "died mysteriously". Or so the doctors say. I think it would be hard to prove how many people do die of medical malpractice treatments every year. It would be hard to find the truth (at least, I imagine it would).
Sorry I was wrong about the life expectancy rate. It happens. My info was wrong. *shrug*
Still, I don't believe that ALL drugs are bad, and that ALL drugs will eventually poison you and kill you.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hey maybe you should look up how many deaths a year due to medical errors....

www.atlanet.org...

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Hey maybe you should look up how many deaths a year due to medical errors....

www.atlanet.org...

Oh, I'm certainly not arguing the point that medical malpractice happens. What I am saying is that...well, honestly...98,000 is a relatively low number as compared to other fatal diseases and conditions that plague Americans. Around 110,000 people die from AIDS every year. Heart disease and cancer remain our top killers.
I will reiterate (the main point of this thread) that I do not agree that all drugs are bad. My grandmother endured chemotherapy (yes, it can kill you if done wrong) and is now a breast cancer survivor of 8 years will no remission. My best friend has had antidepressant treatment for years, and she is a 180* turn around from the person I met 7 years ago. My grandfather in law has used heart medication for the past year and is healthier than he was 3 years ago.
They can't all be that bad. The ones that are for stomach problems, tennis elbow, mouth ulcers....those are just ridiculous. As for the side effects...for some people, those annoying side effects are better than the initial disease or condition that they have.

edit:spelling

[edit on 10-12-2005 by Rouschkateer]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join