It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of America a 'Shattered Union'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
This is a game but I'm thinking it reflects the NWO and possibly an interesting movie.

www.2kgames.com...

Watch the video and you think its an ATS thread.

I personaly don't think this could happen but you never know, with Americas finiancial problems growing and a really unliked president in the whitehouse well.

Any comments welcome.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Of course this is going to happen ...... remember john Titor??
We are going to see something big happen near the end of this year

count on it

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well I hope it happens soon considering it's the end of November. Although you'll pardon me if I laugh my butt off when it doesn't happen and we go into next year. Just like I'll be laughing my butt off when it hits 2013.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Cmon folks, the US is not going to become this shattered union. Sure we are in tough times, the country split politically but it aint the first time. Weve made it through once and we can do it again.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That would make a great movie! I'm ready to see it!

It will be a bit scarier in reality, but I'm ready for that, too. I think something very similar will indeed happen.

The part that made me shiver was the attack on DC, wiping out the chain of succession and most of Congress. There is a "Continuity of Government" proposal underway to override the Constitutional provisions and make appointments to seats in Congress in case of such an event.

As if preparing for such an eventuality, it's already being talked about:

Anticipating a Terrorist Attack on Congress

Anyone who thinks this couldn't happen, I suggest you read the links above.

Enjoy the show!

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Better story line than doom thats for sure. One thing that I thought about would be if the EU did send in peacekeepers (for talking sake) would the french and germans go. I think yes and that worries me somehow.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The revolution won't be televised, but it will be real. If we dont change soon (politically, financially, socially) there will be another revolution in America. The political spectrum has been changing drastically for the worse. There is no compromise. The left and the right are moving in opposite directions to swiftly to coexist indefinately. I never thought I would see it, but I think religeon will ruin us. The right will not give up the very thing we created this country to escape: religeous persecution. We are forced to love Jesus, hate fags, hate abortions, hate Islam, or be considered the enemy. I love Jesus as much as anyone, but I also believe that Americas greatest attribute is the fact that you can come here and be who you want to be regardless of religeon, race, or gender. This is getting to be farther and farther from the truth. Rich get richer and poor get poorer. It is harder day by day to be a non-white, non-christian in this country.
"There is no diversity, because we are burning in the melting pot"

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94

psst....its already the end of the year. Titor was a hoax.

count on it

What happens when nothing happens?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I just ordered the game. I think it's a roadmap to what our corrupt Government is going to do.

You can also find the game here :

vstore.vstoremarket.com... oryId=24806&keywords=shattered+union

[edit on 15-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just because there isn't shooting in the streets dosen't mean the civil war hasen't started. In the back rooms somewhere strategy is being planned.
Also this civil war might not mean a shooting war; it might be a war for mens souls.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!!

Titor was right!!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by scienceguy94

psst....its already the end of the year. Titor was a hoax.

count on it

What happens when nothing happens?

Is it dec 31 yet??

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The game looks cool. I really hope the revolution won't happen like that. But in any case, I will be armed and ready to go.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Now now now, just calm down and take your recommended dose of fluoride(7mg) and adjust your tin foil hats antenna towards HAARP.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
There might or might not be a revolution in the US, but it's certain that our civilization will collapse. War, epidemic, revolution-- something will happen. Why? Because it's inevitable. All civilizations eventually collapse-- that's just the way it goes. Civilizations are living things-- they're born, they live and they die.

Civilizations are founded by people with purpose and determination. They start with raw material-- land, people, ideas, plans-- and from this raw material try to create something. They fight and work and struggle to bring the civilization into being, and sometimes they succeed, as our founding fathers did.

But over time the people who make up the civilization change, and the civilization itself changes. Succeeding generations don't have to struggle as the early ones did-- they inherit the riches that the early generations built. Soon, there's no need to fight to survive-- there's plenty and it's just there for the taking. So the people simply take. And take. And take.

The problem is that the riches of a civilization are finite-- its strength is limited. It reaches a point where those who seek only to take must fight against others who also seek only to take, and all who take can no longer take from a seemingly unlimited stock, but must instead take from a steadily diminishing supply, and eventually from others in the civilization. As the resources of the civilization grow scarcer, and the competition for those resources more acute, more and more people become "have-nots" so that others may be "haves." Eventually it reaches a point wherein the have-nots are so many and the haves so few that the civilization becomes unstable. Most often, at this point, the haves, rather than sacrifice any of what they have fought to gain, seek instead to limit the freedoms of the have-nots in order to protect themselves from the growing threat they pose. This is only a short-term solution, and is actually a long-term failure, since it serves to further frustrate the have-nots. Given enough time, the have-nots WILL rise up and cast down the haves.

The only things that will potentially head this process off are invasion from outside or some sort of massive upheaval of the civilization-- famine or pandemic or something of that nature. As a civilization in its latter years is unstable and relatively weak, these are legitimate threats, but one way or another, every civilization has fallen or will fall.

Sumer, Egypt, Athens, Rome-- all these civilizations fell in just such a manner. The specific way in which each fell differs, but the basic process-- the creation of the civilization, its growth, the consolidation of power and the self-indulgence of the ruling class and disenchantment of the common people, and the inevitable collapse-- was, is and will be the same.

top topics

join