It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Perpetual Motion" machines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Okay, this is one for all of you perpetual motion, free energy, permanent magnet motor, etc, etc... people out there.

todayinsci.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">A history of perpetual motion machines through the centuries

All of these have been built... and guess what! None of them worked, just as the laws of physics predicted. Crazy, isn't it? But I'm going to guess that you won't believe me, and will try to build these. Or continue thinking that the Man is keeping the free energy people down, because, um, well... the Man likes keepin' the little guy down. Don't trust whitey.

The inventions resulting from it during the last three centuries baffle any attempt at classification developing progressive improvement. It would almost seem as if each inventor had acted independently of his predecessors; and, therefore, frequently reinventing, as new, some exploded fallacy.

I will throw you a bone, though. It's not been strictly proved that perpetual motion is possible. So you know, maybe it is possible and someone on this very forum will discover it. Hats off the the gentelman who can do that. But for Elvis's sake, read the above and see if your invention is one of them, so you can stop spamming the forums.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The solar system is a perpetual motion "machine."

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So is an electron for that matter.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think he's refering to a perpetual energy machine...

The problem is the perpetual part, since it would be a machine parts would wear and break - therefore therefore no perpetual energy is feasable.

I've looked at the site mentioned and find their machines to be neet ideas for a local science fair, but not workable.

I have seen one that does infact work, and heard about another.
The one I saw was commendeered by the State of Florida shortly after I saw it, it's inventor was arrested - fined etc. (Something about SEC violations) - Nontheless - The machine did work. The US patent office refused to issue a pattent on it as they maintained it couldn't exist. (It was not perpetual as it would eventually wear out, and it was not "Self" Starting" it required an extreamly small amount of force that would power it until it is stopped)

(I won't go into a lot of detail as it is something I'm going to play with as time allows itself, and with the copyright conditions on this site - However what I will say is it was a wheel and the laws of fluidics were applied to it).

The second machine - I have never seen, however it was described to me as a generator that plugs into itself, as well as a home.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Roboto
The solar system is a perpetual motion "machine."

No it is not, and either is the electron.

The solar system , and all objects in the universe have some form of entropy that will change their 'systems' over the arrow of time. Billions of years is not forever.

top topics

join