It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 238
<< 235  236  237    239  240  241 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmoebaSized
All I know is about old Word Documents, and yes, movable AutoShapes can be done, I had to do that when making logic flow charts and system analyst designs. However, with new Word, I think one can send a Word Document, and those AutoShapes would be movable. I know I had to move them quite a bit to make some charts up to send them in to college.

You can draw things like this in Word so why would you import them?

Try this, take a drawing of some symbols on a sheet of paper, scan it with a scanner and save it as a jpeg file, then import the image into word, and then see if you can split the symbols up. If you can do that, I would love to know how.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Try this, take a drawing of some symbols on a sheet of paper, scan it with a scanner and save it as a jpeg file, then import the image into word, and then see if you can split the symbols up. If you can do that, I would love to know how.

Presumably, it would be childs play with EBEN 3-D programs and files.

Someone asked, but I can't remember if Bill answered what the file type was.

In my mind it was another clue that we were being led to believe what was in the right hand while Bill was playing pocket pool.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by garyo1954]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien hunter

I see what your saying but Bill is probably very busy. I think he did his best to answer peoples questions. Why should he have to endure some kind of inquisition from the ATS mob.

I'm still waiting for Bill to answer a single question........nope still waiting......

I don't know what thread you're reading but he seemed to have only had the answers for the easy questions. On a couple of different sessions I posted, along with many others, while Mr. Ryan was online and watched him hand pick who he responded to. Do I feel slighted, not in the least. It was just curious and inconsistant with his stated objectives.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
Perhaps both are telling a part of the truth to benefit themselves?
Perhaps the pair have been playing good guy/bad guy where whenever one fails the other steps up? (hard to belive about Victor but.....?)

NEW PEOPLE: Welcome! Thought on posting: People are not afraid to fly, they are afraid to fall. So don't be afraid to fly, and don't worry about falling here since it's not that far!

Hey garyO, I thought you were anon feeding the words to both Bill and Victor (Tic)
(note my rare use of this laughing guy).

One of my favorite t-shirts has the phrase "been there done that, forgot most of it". Maybe that should periodically temporarily replace the ATS logo when a thread gets out of control like this one most certainly does just about every other day! Yesterday's thread ought to be cast in plexiglass as a classic example of how diversionary tactics work.

yyzzyy?

eben?

unplugged?

whiterabbit29

alien hunter

futureafter

They're (coming) baaaack.

Standard techniques of manipulation are to
a) deny it ever happened, even though it did.
b) create confusing diversions to keep people from dwelling on 1.
c) get lots of people to repeat a lie so that it eventually becomes a false truth.
d) bury the truth in enough bs to make it impossible to know what really happened.

ho hum. The truth is in there somewhere.
Next suggested steps to all:
1. cut out 13a to the end of Serpo (including image) and re-analyze 1-12 (pre-Bill Ryan anon posts?) in the same light that we did the rest. I specifically remember all hell began breaking loose on ATS when 13 a and b were posted because they stunk of P-h-o-n-y. What about the other info? Some great analysis occured on this thread that debunked Serpo in my mind. Time to reapply those both writing technique and realistic appraisals of what was said, while we wait for Serpo to the pre-BR stuff.

2. somehow we will need to have a juncton box to go to if anon decides to re-release through Victor. I assume Bill has control of Serpo.org, which in my mind is tainted now.

3. C2C needs to get Valhall, Shawnna, SO and Centrist on to re hash and set the story straight on Serpo. (you fame is inevitible as is the truth you seek).

just my $1.02 worth.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just to make it as clear as possible for people who might be wondering about this:

According to Bill, he downloaded, printed (onto a piece of paper) and then scanned the drawing (by a scanner that Bill says he was sitting there looking at [in Switzerland]).

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
The diagram below was downloaded, printed, and then scanned into a Word program supplied by Anonymous, all precisely as per detailed instructions.

Originally posted by lucianarchy

Hi, lucianarchy –
Best, Bill

PS: By the way, I’m looking at the printer/scanner now, in this beautiful farmhouse Bed and Breakfast where I’m staying... this is Switzerland, not Albania

NOW, we have a 4 Mb file (that was scanned from a piece of paper) into Word and the components could still be moved (?):

Because this created a 4 Mb document and the individual components could easily be accidentally clicked and dragged, I created a screenshot of it and produced a far smaller .gif which is what you now see. This is the topmost of the two images, and most of it is quite pale gray in color.

Then he made a screenshot and posted it.

It doesn't matter what kind of fantastical Word Document or Program was supplied by Anonymous, a piece of paper cannot retain the memory of the original file. The objects on the paper would not retain their free-moving properties as they were loaded back into a file.

I would dearly LOVE it if Bill could straighten out this discrepancy, confusion, misunderstanding or whatever it is (originally mentioned in this thread by torbjon)

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
I don't understand how Victor even uses WebTV, didn't
they shut that service down like a year ago?

The WEBTV thing got me.

My parents have WEBTV. They live in Connecticut.
They said that WebTv can't run everywhere and that
lots of times people buy it, go home to plug it in, and
then find out that they don't have a 'local' connection
so they would end up paying long distance all the time.

They also can't get streaming and lots of other picture
type things.

It's an awful little system, but it gets them email and
at 75 that's all they really want ... email about the
grandkids.

When it was said that Victor lost email(s) that he had
on WebTv it really made me wonder. I called my mom
and she said that WebTv allows them to keep any
email they receive for as long as you wish.

I would think that if something as important as what
Victor claimed to have came in over Email ... I'd be
hitting the SAVE button! There was no reason for
it to be 'lost'.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Sorry for not wanting to read thruogh so many pages....but has anyone ever considered that this wasn't a hoax but a disinformation campaign?

Something to just frusterate believers and when real information comes out some will automatically disregard or questions it.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You can read all about the different disinformation theories in the Project Serpo Summary

Look toward the end for "Theories".

Cheers.

[edit on 2/7/2006 by Hal9000]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Bill Ryan has not run and hid. He is more than willing to answer any questions anyone may have but chooses to do so in a forum where the Moderation can be trusted.

The catch-22 is a link to this new forum cannot be posted here. Any ATS members that want to ask questions of Bill can only do it here at ATS. Where Bill has decided that he no longer wishes to post because of numerous reasons. The least of which being the fact that he no longer trusts the Mods. Being Globally Ignored surely helped lead him to that state.

I know, I know, here come the replies from the Mods. " Bill can come here anytime and answer questions!"

The plain fact is he isn't coming back here. And has no obligation to do so. But out of courtesy, he will still answer any questions and respond to any allegations against him. But not here. Been here, did that.

If I was to post the link to where you can ask Bill questions, the link would be removed and I would be banned. Or at least warned. So I won't do that. Buts lets not make posts claiming Bill has ran off and hid. He is still out there but apparently ATS doesn't want anyone to know where.

I will mention to Bill about possibly offering a link to his new forum on the Serpo home page. Not sure if he will agree but keep eye out for it.

[edit on 2/7/2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
dogberts not,

I think at some point many of us supplied Bill's working knowledge right here hiding in the open, putting out ideas that could be assimilated into his tale. (I'm not the only one who thought that)

It boils my blood to know that he is going to continue it elsewhere.

Like BH and torbjon, and others say, we know you can't move items after scanning a page. But could Bill somehow manipulate the vagueness of the diagram and the instructions into an otherwise believeable idea due to some advanced alien technology?

I think he would have tried.

What he was working with was the "absence of evidence as the proof of possibility."

Anon I am not. A pain in the arse, maybe.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here’s the thing...

I’ve been waiting for the dust to settle. I hate dust. But, I love the truth and I’m a little concerned that there may be some buried deep beneath the dust.

Boy this is a long thread and it kinda reminds me of the game “telephone” I used to play in grade school. We would stand in a long line of classmates. The first in line would whisper into the ear of the next in line a secret message; “I saw Lee at the seashore.” Each kid in turn would relay the secret down the line. The final interpretation would be shouted for all to hear; “Sally is a whore!” And of course, Sally would run home in tears.

I am neither a BR or ATS apologist, but I am sorry Bill has left the school yard (however, I don’t believe he has run home in tears). Unfortunately censorship, whether imposed by oneself or by others, is a fierce enemy of the truth. I am pleased that ATS has agreed to keep the playground gate unlocked for Mr. Ryan.

The members of this forum have been seeking truth in many places. Consider the metaphor of the horse and cart. Some have put the cart (the Serpo story) before the horse and have concluded it is missing a few nuts, bolts, and axle, many even all it’s wheels! - Yet, the cart continues to be pulled. Other ATS’rs have looked more closely at the horse (Bill Ryan). This conveys logic, after all, he is pulling the cart. Some have even concluded he is not only a horse, but a Trojan one at that! And still, the horse continues to be driven.

Until hard, tangible evidence (not presented through the “telephone game”) can be presented bringing truthful light to the cart or the horse, my biggest question shall remain “Who is holding the reins?” Are we any closer to revealing just who is driving this extraterrestrial buggy or our we too absorbed with the horse & cart to care?

The answer behind the anonymous carriage driver takes serious investigative research, not internet inquiries. IMHO, this forum has yet to prove itself to be anything but a discussion group (unless Linda Moulton Howe* hops on as a new member). I would love to read that Shawnna actually met with Bill in person (not “almost had lunch with”) or that Valhall physically touched Victor’s dust-covered web-tv in the back of his one-room shanty. How boring would CSI or Law & Order be if when presented a case they said “Let’s give this to our google guys to solve.” We should avoid speculation and seek confirmation from credible sources. There has been too many conclusion jumps. (IE. Shawnna, have you apologized to Victor yet for proclaiming him to be yyzzyy?)

I do enjoy, however, when personal insights are shared (providing they are disclosed as such). As example, My wife’s a school teacher. She has access to hundreds of computers at school, and a laptop supplied by the district for her use in the classroom and at home. Access to this technology is a requirement of her profession. I personally find it very strange that Victor, an english teacher and writer, apparently does not not have a basic PC for word processing. (Valhall, can you confirm he doesn’t have a library card as well.)

One final observation. Bill’s self-proclaimed association with Ron’s Org. (and speculated association with CoS) would indeed taint his objectivity. But even more so, would not the testimony of his own alien abduction (of which I have read no challenge) drive an even stronger personal agenda?

* For those living in caves (or limited to web-tv) Linda Moulton Howe, is “An Emmy Award-winning TV producer, investigative reporter and author who goes directly to the men and women at the forefront of science and environmental challenges and to firsthand eyewitnesses of high strangeness.” Ref: Earthfiles.com Bold added for emphasis.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by OCD DETECTIVE]

[edit on 7-2-2006 by OCD DETECTIVE]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeddyhi
Any ATS members that want to ask questions of Bill can only do it here at ATS.

That's not true. I could join over there and ask if I wanted. We know where he is, man.

But out of courtesy, he will still answer any questions and respond to any allegations against him. But not here.

The people with the questions are here. The questons are here. Bill is a member here. If his priority is to get the information out and if he really wants to clear things up, he can come here. If not, that's fine, too.

A mistake was made. Things got emotional. It happens every day here! If he cannot forgive or understand that, then it's probably best he's in a more protective environment. I guess we'll all just have to wonder and wait to see what happens next.

He is still out there but apparently ATS doesn't want anyone to know where.

That's not true. We know where he is.
I learned it right here in this thread.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The people with the questions are here. The questons are here. Bill is a member here. If his priority is to get the information out and if he really wants to clear things up, he can come here. If not, that's fine, too.

The man with the answers, or rather the man who the questions are directed at, is not here. You are but one poster. I'm sure the majority have no idea where his forum is. If so, why do I keep reading how Bill his hiding, the questions got to tough, etc...Bill is not hiding as much as the Mods here are hiding him by not allowing a link to his forum.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Okay OCD I'll take a stab at it. Victor says in an e-mail to me he is:

"Online journalist (I guess you could say!) and substitute English
teacher in the secondary schools.

I don't go on ATS very often because the connection speed on WebTV is so
slow that it shuts OFF my system after several minutes of trying to get
on....."

(So now you know where my thoughts were going this morning with robertfenix as well.)

OCD stated the most obvious, something that was right in front of us. Last week, they were working on the lines in this area, so what did I do?

I went to the library to do my e-mail.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
[edit on 7-2-2006 by papa lazarou]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Here's the thing...

With reference to Victor's email to Gary. He (Victor) is a journalist ("online journalist" implied) and a substitute English teacher. Would he not consider a PC to be a valuble tool for his trade(s)?????? Please ask him "waz-up"?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeddyhiwhy do I keep reading how Bill his hiding, the questions got to tough, etc...Bill is not hiding as much as the Mods here are hiding him by not allowing a link to his forum.

because the man decided to abandon the ATS boards rather than answer a very important question regarding the IP addresses of his anon and victor's anon.

why is it that some of you are still defending him?

If someone came along and said "crakeur, here's potentially one of the biggest news events in 100 years. I want you to be the face of this information" and I believed this to be true or I believed this to be something that needed to be distributed to the public, a little animosity, anger, frustration or hostility from others would not deter me.

If your CHOSEN mission was to distribute information of some kind, why would you run away when the method of distribution was questioned?

If you believe your source to be valid, why would you go to such lengths to NOT ALLOW that to be confirmed?

Instead of addressing these issues, instead of even replying "I'm opting to notr answer those questions for reasons of security" Bill IGNORED the questions and chose to answer questions about his own abduction and other non-essential topics of conversation.

Had Bill said, "Valhall, you crazy lady, I am not now, nor will I ever divulge that information because I don't trust you" he would have at least responded instead of DUCKING the questions entirely.

Ducking and ignoring infuriated the bulk of the members that were here to try and learn and decipher the Serpo mystery. The others either played along by Bill or were playing along with him.

That small frustrated group confronted him and instead of saying "guys, we're all trying to figure this out" he said "not fair, foul play I'm leaving"

He got offended that people questioned his motives and his manner when, in reality, that is all that can be questioned. Who cares about the serpo story if the messenger is not 100% honest and upfront? It makes everything else suspect.

And that is why Bill ran and hid. Not because he felt he was being mistreated. If his feelings were hurt, he was never the man for the job.

If Serpo were real and his anon did exist, I'm guessing he'd be looking for a stronger messenger right now. Who the hell wants the face of his information to be a man who can't stand the heat?

this whole thread has been one big long infuriating time killing nightmare.

I love it.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fred_S
I'm also new.I must admit I was a little nervous to post here also

I have visted ATS and read the boards for awhile now. I found the Serpo story really interesting. But to post in such a roller coaster of a thread, with many more informed/seasoned people is definetly intimidating. Thank you Springer for giving us that little speech. I feel I can post here about my thoughts without having to be an insider or an expert.

I truly want disclosure to happen. I am sad that this wasn't it. Maybe Victor and other ATS members can wade through whats left of this story and find some truth to it. I applaud all of you that have contributed to this thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

The man with the answers, or rather the man who the questions are directed at, is not here. You are but one poster. I'm sure the majority have no idea where his forum is. If so, why do I keep reading how Bill his hiding, the questions got to tough, etc...Bill is not hiding as much as the Mods here are hiding him by not allowing a link to his forum.

From the Terms And Conditions Of Use (LINK)...

9.) You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on ATS within posts, avatars or signatures without prior written permission from AboveTopSecret.com LLP. Your will not choose a username that is the same as website domain, subdomain, or URL for which you are associated. You will not use ATS to bash other boards or engage in so-called "board wars".

These are the same terms and conditions EVERYONE here agreed to when registering as a member of this community.

Please I urge everyone to review them. Follow the above link for more.

There is nothing keeping Bill Ryan from posting here.. there never was. He is welcome to come here and answer any questions he wishes to.

No one here is going to openly violate the terms and conditions of use to promote another discussion board.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Bill Ryan has not run and hid. He is more than willing to answer any questions anyone may have but chooses to do so in a forum where the Moderation can be trusted.

I saw on the *other* forum he's asking for the questions from ATS to be presented to him there.... call that what you will. You'll just have to forgive us if that raises our BS meters a bit.

The catch-22 is a link to this new forum cannot be posted here. Any ATS members that want to ask questions of Bill can only do it here at ATS. Where Bill has decided that he no longer wishes to post because of numerous reasons. The least of which being the fact that he no longer trusts the Mods. Being Globally Ignored surely helped lead him to that state.

Firstly i believe Mr. Ryan was on GI for a grand total of 6 or 7 minutes... the "they can't be trusted" staff immediately stepped in and overruled ADVISOR's judgment call.

As to linking to the *other* forum... irrelevant. I found it in less than 30secs on Google when this hulabaloo started. If an ATSer isn't capable of the same do you really think you're missing out on something?

I know, I know, here come the replies from the Mods. " Bill can come here anytime and answer questions!"

The plain fact is he isn't coming back here. And has no obligation to do so. But out of courtesy, he will still answer any questions and respond to any allegations against him. But not here. Been here, did that.

Well good for him. Why is he encouraging people to transcribe questions from here to be answered there then? I understand the kitchen gets a little hot around here... but come in answer questions ignore those you choose too (he did that quite well while here and singing ATS' praises). As they say extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The suspect method of producing the schematic ( DL-print-scan-import-screenshot) makes no sense... factor in the fact that it's a wall mount for a home thermostat, and well. What would you have us do?

I actually though he was a pretty good guy... and i never bought this for a minute. A martyr Mr. Ryan is not, a player - perhaps writer - in a pretty interesting sci-fi forum soap-opera is all he is. I feel no need to stroke this guy's ego... he can deal with the issues on the table here at ATS or side-step them elsewhere, that's his decision. Don't cry foul... if you don't have a healthy dose of skepticism about a story such as Serpo, you're just too gullible imo. Their are no extraordinary expectations being placed on Mr. Ryan - if he's on the up-and-up that'll show through. He was given a long leash in the beginning of this imo. Just cause he ran out and choked himself is nobody's fault but his own... i still hold the possibility that he may be unwittingly passing false info.

I will mention to Bill about possibly offering a link to his new forum on the Serpo home page. Not sure if he will agree but keep eye out for it.

Again if they can't find you guys on Google...i wouldn't worry 'bout them.

new topics

top topics

<< 235  236  237    239  240  241 >>

join