It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 237
<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by proserpinfrmr
where are the recently registered ryan-apologists now?

unplugged?

Way to prove your ignorance
I was never an "apologists". If you think I am, then quote me instead of spewing your garbage blanket staements. The most I have said is that I was on the fence until I got confirmation. And im not a new member, Ive lurked for about a year, and I signed up like 3 or 4 months ago.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKMDC1
Great post NextLevel.

Best case scenario:

When a thread gets to predetermined size, a special forum or subforum is created (Like the Short Story forum in Creative Writing) with different threads created by the mods via pulling out messages on similar topics from the "large thread." Personally, I think this would've been more handy than a "Summary," but as they say hindsight is 20/20.

I'd also like to point out that the Serpo story isn't over. Maybe it's not too late to break this thread into little easy to manage pieces.

Very good points/suggestions. I would like to point out that we offerred Ryan several options way back in early January. We offerred him his own forum, his own thread, a "guest speaker" option which would give him and management much more control over who says what which would've implimented many of the "organizational" suggestions mentioned here.

Ryan declined ALL of those offers.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiterabbit29
I don't remember ever apologizing for Bill Ryan my main point was that I thought we should hold our horses

Some of us are still holding horses....

I was becoming slightly suspicious of what was happening here with posts being removed with reference to Bills comments, and members being banned for supporting Bil

Wha???

I've been here for a while and the only banning I've seen were because of violations to the TOS (Making 2 accounts for the same person, advertizing other websites [Yes, he/she did post a link here! I clicked on it that's how I got over there] and knowingly posting information that wasn't true).

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Very good points/suggestions. I would like to point out that we offerred Ryan several options way back in early January. We offerred him his own forum, his own thread, a "guest speaker" option which would give him and management much more control over who says what which would've implimented many of the "organizational" suggestions mentioned here.

Ryan declined ALL of those offers.

So, basically he surfed the wave of chaos such a massive thread created and used that to only answer what he wanted to. If he'd taken you up on your offer, then he couldn't have ignored questions so easily. Sneaky thing!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
NO. We DO NOT give permission for this.

If Bill Ryan wants to answer questions our members are asking he can come here and answer them PERIOD.

We will NOT allow him to use our membership and our site in this manner, there is no "eating your cake and keeping too".

Our content will be protected and anyone who copies our content and pastes it on another site will be in violation of several IP laws, our TAC of use and along with the owners of the site our content is illegally posted on will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but there is NO WAY we are going to support Ryan hiding/avoiding our members, whatever, on another site and getting the benefit of our members' questions with no opportunity for our members to get clarification, rebut or follow up.

If Ryan wants to answer our questions he is WELCOME to come HERE and do so.

Springer...

[edit on 2-7-2006 by Springer]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hi BH If you reread my post:

I was becoming slightly suspicious of what was happening here with posts being removed with reference to Bills comments, and members being banned for supporting Bil that I felt there was something more to it which of course was true but it seems I possibly had hold of the wrong end of the stick as it were!

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Whiterabbit29]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
edit to add quote:

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by AnotherHoax
I just fitted one of These
in my hallway
not exactly that one but you get the picture.

NOW! I believe it! Thanks for that picture. It's perfect! Opposing mounting holes and all!

Though they may exist, the designer should have been shot.

But its very clear that the architectural template was used.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was a great post Val and Centrist, and very informative.

Dang, I wish I could write like thayat.

I guess all we can rely on are posts just before the journals came out. Hopefully, the real anon will re-emerge.

Just disregard the tombstone on the front page.

[edit on 2/7/2006 by Hal9000]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

And Val, one of these days I'm going back thru this whole mess, jotting down my favorite valisms. Your quite quotable when you get your panties in a bunch.

Noting of course that's a vice and not a virtue on my part. Fortunately, being lady-like is only required when you're eye-candy...I, on the other hand, work for a living.

LOL

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

NO. We DO NOT give permission for this.

If Bill Ryan wants to answer questions our members are asking he can come here and answer them PERIOD.

Ok not a problem just thought I would ask! Would there be any objections to posting what Bill is saying on here minus any links or references to the site in question?

MOD EDIT: BIG Quote

[edit on 7-2-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Fortunately, being lady-like is only required when you're eye-candy...I, on the other hand, work for a living.
LOL

Eye candy is fleeting. Mind candy is forever. I'll take you and Shawnna over any commonly popular brain dead pneumatic bimbo any day. And most of them are not what I'd call "ladylike", anyway. (Not that I'm not very happily married, and all).

Too bad Ryan's involvement turned this in an unfortunate direction. As far as I can tell, up until the 2nd Anon's postings and during Victor's shepherding, we may have had something going on. Although what that was, I still have no idea.

[Yahhh, I promised myself I wouldn't participate in this thread and here I am!]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiterabbit29
I was becoming slightly suspicious of what was happening here with posts being removed with reference to Bills comments, and members being banned for supporting Bil that I felt there was something more to it which of course was true but it seems I possibly had hold of the wrong end of the stick as it were!

I actually wasn't sure what you meant by that. I'm sorry. I just wanted to point out that the bannings I had seen were legit, not because they supported BR.

I do apologize for my misunderstanding. I'm not too bright.

And Hal, I knew the template was used, I just didn't buy that it was a drawing of a mount plate of some sort. Until now.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would really rather NOT have their content on our site or our content on their site.

It gets into a sticky mess when that stuff starts. Assuming they have disclosures about copyrights on their site I would advise you read them and abide by them. You don't want to get drug into a legal battle over Intellectual Property Rights when all you wanted to do was keep a discussion going and neither do I.

I swear I am NOT meaning to be jerk but this Copyright/Creative Commons and basic ETHICS business if for real with us.

Let's just have our conversations here and let them have theirs over there and if Ryan wants to answer questions his account is fully operational and he is WELCOME here anytime he likes.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I swear I am NOT meaning to be jerk but this Copyright/Creative Commons and basic ETHICS business if for real with us.

Springer...

No problem I do understand.where your coming from. Like you said I am just trying to keep the discussion going, in an open and balanced way and thought this would help!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Okay,

First off, whenever I click on the Find Posts button for somebody (like, say, Bill Ryan) I do indeed get a list of links of posts that they have made… however the links to all of the posts they have made on this serpo thread ALL point to the same page (the first page)

I search me, I search you, I search Bill, ALL of our serpo post links point to the first page of this thread.

The links to posts in other threads work just fine… it’s only in This thread that all the post links take you to the first page…

a) that makes research a real pain in the backside

b) I would assume it was just my computer being glitchy but the links to posts in Other threads take you to where they are supposed to..

c) What is with That??

So I did it the old fashioned Alaska bozoboy way…one fish at a time… and found this post from Freenrgy2 on page 25::

which is an email response from Bill Ryan answering some questions…

Question #4 is particularly interesting:

“4. Can it be told ahead of time what type of film and technology was used in the photographs? Please provide anything that would substantiate the authenticity of these photos.

Absolutely no idea, right now. The agreed process for our obtaining the photos is that Anonymous and his colleagues have been provided with the FTP details of the server hosting the website – and then we’ll wake up one morning and there they’ll be. I check every few hours! The photos will be electronic images – and I’m aware that that in itself presents a verification problem. We’re almost certainly not going to get printed photos, or negatives. My own view is that more helpful still (but not as dramatic) would be images from the 3,000 page report. Some pages of the astrophysical calculations of the binary star orbits would be really valuable: advanced math can’t be faked.”

Okay, cool. Whereas I am mad as a hatter, I am not going as crazy as I thought I was and the FTP thingy I thought I remembered I actually did remember.

So, now we come to the diagram. This is The First image to come to serpo… and it was not delivered via the originally agreed upon protocol, it was sent via email (see below)

Odd that.

More odd is that bill didn’t just fall back on this statement when pressed for proof about Anons identity. Sure, it’s not Conclusive proof, but an FTP login and password is pretty good, and better than playing the IP game that eventually caused him to split.

Onward, the diagram itself.

From the serpo site, posting 15:

“Note by BR: This posting was sent directly to myself and was not sent to Victor Martinez. The diagram below was downloaded, printed, and then scanned into a Word program supplied by Anonymous, all precisely as per detailed instructions.”

Now then, I KNOW it’s not there, but as I read that, I either read that as “…into a Word program AND supplied by Anonymous,…” or “…into a Word program supplied TO Anonymous,…”

Again, I KNOW the And or To isn’t there, but as I read that, (and the paragraph after that) I got the impression that bill got a 4MB word doc emailed to him, he doesn’t have the bandwidth to handle a big file on his web site, so he turned it into a 1KB gif.

(As an aside, and I’m Not searching for the posts because I Can’t search and it takes too long to go through this page by page, bill only has 20GB of bandwidth a month for serpo, we chatted about this a while back, and I even offered him some of my torbtown bandwidth if he should need it… a while back all the hits to serpo Without any images was almost maxing out his bandwidth, he and I felt that if pics ever did show up then his site would be out of bandwidth on the first day of every month…)

Regardless of any of that, that image went through a wide variety of formats and conversions before finally reaching the web as a gif file.

I touched on this a while back, but it was (and is) still bothering me. I don’t give a rats tail about serpo or bill or who is sleeping with who right now, the thing that is giving me an itch is that whole process as outlined in post 15 on the serpo site…

I’ve got many many thousands of dollars worth of hardware and software here. I’m not the biggest brainiac on the block, but I’m no slouch, either. I Am a graduate of NYFA digital editing program, I Am the graphic designer and web master for LAByrinth Theater Company, and I Am the web master for Torbtown… not the best of credentials, I know, but it’s more than just an armchair hobby to me…

I fired up my Mac, I fired up my PC, I fired up my scanner, I tried a variety of schematic type drawings, I sent the scanner output to a wide variety of applications including:

Microsoft Picture It
Microsoft Word
Adobe Acrobat
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Image Ready
Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Premier
Final Cut Pro
JASC Paint Shop Pro

And I CANNOT recreate the layered effect described in post #15 from a scanned image.

A scanned image always arrives to the targeted software as a merged single layer (ie no clickable moveable elements other than the entire image.)

Here, bill cut and pasted post 15 from the serpo site (or, the serpo post 15 is cut and pasted from here)::

Here bill says he received the diagram via email (although he does not say what format the diagram was in)

This may or may not be true, but licianarchy posted this:

where bill says he is actually LOOKING at the printer/scanner in question while staying at a bed and breakfast in Switzerland…

IF true, then bill, not anon, downloaded the image (in some unknown format), printed it out, scanned it back, toyed with it, discovered the elements were clickable and moveable, (and perhaps messed it up then because the image looks a little messed up), screen captured it, converted it to a gif, and posted it here and on his web site…

All of which is a far cry from keeping the data intact.

As I said earlier, I offered bill free bandwidth for images WAY back when, we had one email correspondence, and a few u2u notes… bandwidth should Not have been an issue (at least, it didn’t have to be).

So not only is the image fishy, but the whole method of creating it and presenting it are fishy too…

And now bill has run away (not surprising) and no one will ever be able to tell me how a scanned image can be magically broken up into its component parts while lounging in a bed and breakfast in Switzerland *sighs*

rock on
twj

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Now I understand that "we are scared to have our questions answered"
THAT is about the dumbest thing I have ever read!

Evidently luci is trying very hard to goad some folks into risking IP law violations by posting our content on his/her site... Luci is claiming "fair use" will protect everyone, well I'll leave that to the lawyers who are looking at Luci's site as I type.

I really DON'T want to get into this sort of crap. Ryan can come HERE and answer questions or he can continue to ignore them over there simple as that.

Promoting a forum in this fashion (egging people into copying content) is a very lame and pitiful thing to do.

Luci, why don't YOU come copy our content and see if fair use will protect you? Why egg others into it? I'll be happy to give you our lawyer's phone number so you can make sure you do it correctly with no worries. Of course you won't like the way it will look on your site if you do it legally and ethically so I would doubt you will do this.

We completely SUPPORT the honest and ethical collaboration that the internet was founded on and "Fair Use" designed for, we abhor the unethical and underhanded fraudsters that like to try and take advantage of it.

I will reserve judgment on the "other board" until we see how this plays out. Our legal firm is on the job now and it says alot to me that I had to get them involved.

One more time, If Ryan wants to answer questions from ATS he is welcome to come here and do so.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I don't understand why you care so much about this stupid little board of him no one seems to read. It is really not interesting!

Let him have his fun, we already discovered what has going on, let him being ignorant bla bla.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Slightly off topic, but I would like to say that it was whiterabbit who very happily forwarded me victors email list which while I believe my theories on the hoaxers was way off it was still very helpful in putting the whole thing in perspective.

As for luci and others...i refer all with clearance to my "master baiters" theory in the RATS thread.

Can't say I'm suprised at how this turned out but I really think it was handled a lot better than it would have been on other sites...with a bigger supply of kool-aid.

SPiderj

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
First off, whenever I click on the Find Posts button for somebody (like, say, Bill Ryan) I do indeed get a list of links of posts that they have made… however the links to all of the posts they have made on this serpo thread ALL point to the same page (the first page)

Hi torbjon, try to click on the post ID, not on the link to the thread. This will take you to that post.

And I CANNOT recreate the layered effect described in post #15 from a scanned image.

A scanned image always arrives to the targeted software as a merged single layer (ie no clickable moveable elements other than the entire image.)

Great post and research trying to figure out how Bill scanned the image, but I think he is mistaken or misstated what he did. Like you said there is no way objects can move independently if imported like he said.

I am more intrigued on how he describes the circle appearing after it was "scanned". This also cannot happen. I think it was a watermark that does not show up on the screen in "normal view". It will show up if it is printed though. So if you replace the word "scanned" with "printed", it makes more sense. I might even try to recreate it.

Keep up the good work.

And BH, I figured you knew about the template, I was refering to the person that was in your quote and should have trimmed the quote down. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, Ha, ha, I guess I should laugh!

All I know is about old Word Documents, and yes, movable AutoShapes can be done, I had to do that when making logic flow charts and system analyst designs. However, with new Word, I think one can send a Word Document, and those AutoShapes would be movable. I know I had to move them quite a bit to make some charts up to send them in to college.

However, it just did not dawn on me until the old serpo story was mentioned. If one goes around and reads about UFO on the Internet, one does not find it mentioned. I know I read some of those books in the '70's perhaps around early '80's. I know I threw away a lot of books, since I kept programming books instead, and I know that books were the only way to know anything back then. Oh, ya, there was that Apple modem I still have, and BBS around 1980, some were on, but do you know how many commands one has to learn to even use it. I still have the reference books, and a 300 baud modem is all it was back then. Therefore, the only way the old serpo story could have been known was either through a book or by rumor. Since I do not have any of the books anymore, I can not check, but after all the books back then, and the other ones about UFO's by various authors, there would have to be a reason why one would remember the old serpo story. Since I doubt it was rumor, and I know that I looked at some of those books back then, I don't think that it even came out of a UFO book. I see some of those books even now, one can buy, some as used, at Amazon after doing some searching yesterday, but mainly since I let it go, and there is that denial factor with some of the names writing those books -- Jaques Vallee, Dr. J. Allen Hynek, and Phillip Klass back then, and those books probably still can be found (at least a used copy) and still read today, that is the only place -- a book -- that probably the old serpo story came from.

Just ain't that much up on anything recently, unless one wants to read about theories of physics.

So when old serpo story was mentioned and the link was shown, I knew that was the story from somewhere, and it dawned on me, that I had heard it before.

Therefore, since I never have seen an UFO, or been abducted, I can fathom how some people who may have been implanted or anything else must somehow feel. I know some people do more research then others on any of it, but with the Internet, and all those cases being put up on the Internet, anyone would still have to wonder, why the old serpo story is nowhere to be found.

Well, I am not a genius, just trying to give a benefit of a doubt with mentioning abduction being a part of the overall story, and legitimate people who do try and find out about all of it - afterall -- one can read the Condon Report and other subjects from back in the era, and I had to remark to myself, that gees -- it all seems that people writing the books were not really opened to the UFO idea back then. Perhaps one has to land on the grass nearby first, otherwise all the stories about it will continue.

Well, back to something else, as I know, just like now, one can still read about all of it, but in the end unless someone is going to actually get more involved with all of the UFO stories, usually one decides to do other things.
I did. I started viewing the stars up at night, and learning some amatuer astronomy, since those cases like Betty and Barney Hill and some of the others are still mentioned -- today. Well, mainly a lot has been put up on the Internet, so there it is.

Back to physics, parallel worlds -- and the other favorite discussion that came out on the same day -- Nov. 2nd -- that this Serpo also did. That was the first thing I noticed about it.

Back to programming or something else -- only so much time -- and still the 24 hour day. But if speeding up the clock and making it tick faster so that 5 seconds tick in the space of time that the current 4 seconds do tick now, I guess everyone could have the 30 hour day -- but in the end, astronomy dictates that -- it would be the same length of time, since it is the movement of the Earth through SpaceTime.

Well, thanks to all, or mostly all.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
And now bill has run away (not surprising) and no one will ever be able to tell me how a scanned image can be magically broken up into its component parts while lounging in a bed and breakfast in Switzerland *sighs*

rock on
twj

From the posting of the diagram and the subsequent explanations by Bill, I was getting the twinge in my cranial sections that we were being led into a sidetrack discussion of holography.

Playing that out, at some point Bill would/might be convinced by the members (here) that he had indeed inadvertently destroyed certain evidences of EBEN technology while playing with the diagram. This would reinforce his necessary 'post as instructed' tenet.

His statement that Anon supplied a Word document would then be interpreted to mean it was a program that he had never seen before. And he, (oh my!) had deleted it from his computer as instructed so no proof of that program or the holography tech would be available.

Just my thoughts,

G

[edit on 7-2-2006 by garyo1954]

top topics

<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join