It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiterabbit29
I'm just hoping that the EBEN fork lift truck driver was fully qualified
they can be lethal in the wrong hands

Well...

Don't know what you're talking about, I was talking about loading the craft, not unloading it...

Bill...

On second thought the pallet could be made from aluminium, that would reduce the weight and still be able to support the 2 tons...

As far as to how they got the stuff off the craft *shruggs*, don't know manually I guess...

But I'm just speculating here...

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Jedi_Master]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You know another thing that bothers me about this mission, why 2 females ( lady's don't get me wrong here, just looking at a logistics point of view here ), you would have to pack a 10yrs supply of femine napkins...

Now I don't know how many married men are here, or women, but some months require more napkins, and some require less...

This would require extra baggage/space...( not so much weight )...

So wouldn't it be more efficient to send all men ?

JMO...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
While Robertfenix finds the idea of heavy duty pallets and unit loaders laughable, take a look and see how prevalent they are:

463L Cargo Pallet - 88" x 108" 10,000 lb capable standard military grade cargo pallet: www.bcaviation.co.uk...

Discussion of standardizing air cargo systems with military applications: www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil...

www.transchool.eustis.army.mil...

Metal pallet - weight capacity 7,200 lbs: www.metalpallet.com...

Links: 11,000 lb hand-truck: www.globalindustrial.com...

Several 5,000 lb + pallet trucks: www.equipworld.com...
www.mmh.com...

Unit load device comparisons: en.wikipedia.org...

History of palletization: www.palletenterprise.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi_Master

Originally posted by Whiterabbit29
I'm just hoping that the EBEN fork lift truck driver was fully qualified
they can be lethal in the wrong hands

Well...

Don't know what you're talking about, I was talking about loading the craft, not unloading it...

Bill...

On second thought the pallet could be made from aluminium, that would reduce the weight and still be able to support the 2 tons...

As far as to how they got the stuff off the craft *shruggs*, don't know manually I guess...

But I'm just speculating here...

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Jedi_Master]

Yes I was pointing out that the means with which they loaded it at the start of the journey is very unlikely to be the means that they unloaded it at the other end!

I think it is pretty unlikely that they unloaded 30 or so tons manually thats a hell of a lot of lifting!

Centrist

I agree with what your saying but was this type of pallet available in the 1960's?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
Folks, do consider the possibility that this was transcribed from a telephone dictation or an audiotape...

I don't think so Bill, there are several references to writing in a diary.

“I will stop making entries in this diary”

“I suggest everyone start writing down their thoughts. Keep some sort of a diary, like I am doing.”

“I can't find the first part of my diary.”

I find it strange that the team leader is just now telling them to "start writing down their thoughts". Weren't they told to do it from the beginning?

from Anon's previous post
Each Team Member was required to keep a journal.

Also, he referred to the containers as "bowls" several times, but did not call them that previously.

Oh well, looks like this isn’t over yet.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If this story is true, the trip must have immediately had a very bad effect on the minds of the team members.

It sounds like they sent a bunch of untrained, unprepared teenagers.

I would have expected better from the almighty US Govt!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownOrigins

Originally posted by KDX175DUEX
I like how they decide to use a 24 hour day and thier issued watchs to keep track of time, like it was this brand new solution. Brilliant.

I apologize if this has been addressed alrady, 103 pages is pretty long to search for such a small thing. But, why would they be using 24hr time to keep track of the time? The planet Serpo's day does not necessarily have to be as long or as short as Earth's. I dont think that 24 hour time would actually be used in such a situation since the planet's "day" could be of varying length. Using 24 hour time under such circumstances would render all efforts of keeping track of the time spent there useless unless said measurements were recorded as "earth days" and "earth hours" or something to that effect.

Exactly,

All of this BS about time. Time is time. A simple watch would do if using our standards of time on earth. This should have been the first tip off of a hoax. Come on guys. Millions of dollars coming down to a timex watch for a return to earth.

And why does the author of this thread always defend it so much in many of his posts? Just asking? no implications here?

It appears we need to find the source. Got a couple of buddies working on it. The internet can reveal alot about a person. Just depends on far one wants to push protocol.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I already mentioned Air Logistics Roller Cargo Pallets I am quite well aware of their capacities.

They landed on a dirt soil remember.

And yes they take a special lift to handle them, so they would have had to send the requirement in advance to SERPO for the crafty little elves scratch that EBEN to make the machine to offload the cargo

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
All of the postings from last year seemed to follow a pattern of being from the same person with the same tone, if you catch what I'm saying.

This new posting seems to have a different flow to how its worded and its tone. I'm sure most of you have noticed that.

It's as if you could discern two different writers now.

The big obvious inconsistencies that I've noticed now is the death of the first person, the bubble description of their "resting area" (if you will), and the objective of the whole crew to make journal entries.

Unless there is a reasonable explanation that can smooth the circumstances behind the inconsistencies within both journal entries out.

Besides the inconsistencies, where do you all see the strong points for the truth in this series of postings?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan

Originally posted by Zep Tepi
Hi Bill,
Can you absolutely verify that this has come from Anonymous and not from some 'pretender'?

Regards

Hi, Zep – Yes, I can.

Best, Bill

How can you do that Bill?
I appreacitate all the info can give me in a U2 for we are on the hunt for the real source here and the truth for all.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Truthforall]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Does the phrase "Ok, that makes sense" seem out of place in the latest log entry from Anon?

I've always thought of that as more of a modern saying (80's onward?)...not one in use in the 60's. Kind of like how "oh, my bad" seemed to pop up in the 90's.

Maybe I'm dead wrong here, I just wanted to throw this out to the wolves.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist

Maybe they built special pallets, don't know...

Aren't the "pallets" used for loading cargo aircraft much different from convention trucking pallets?

For example, here are some UPS pallets. They are not made of wood, obviously, and are not handled by forklift.

Maybe the interpretation of pallet should be considered in light of the circumstances.

UPS Cargo Container "Pallets"

Maximum Accepted Weight: Varies by aircraft type.
Maximum Cubic Utilization: 607 cu. ft. (17.19 cu. m.)

Thoughts?

Centrist...

Can you enlighten me on how these pallets were loaded ?

And were these pallets/containers available in '65 ?

Thanks...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
the thing that i dont understand is how do you get "spacesick" i mean its not like the ebes actually gave the team some type of chloriform that put them to sleep and then operating on them only to have one team member die oh my word

anyways that was a great read...i swear in the future they have to make a book or movie about this (speilburgh comes to mind)

hope we get to find out the truth soon and see the pics...keep it coming anom.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This whole story just stinks something foul

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I dont recall reading anything about a team member being confirmed Dead.
All I remember is the team leader assuming someone died, and two other team members looking at the "sick" team member and saying that he "looks dead".
Also, didnt one Eben say that the "dead" member was very sick? thats what I read.
Just people jumping to conclusions based on the team leader and his peers jumping to conclusions.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Unplugged]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Can you enlighten me on how these pallets were loaded ?

No, sorry. I'm guessing someone would though. Why?

And were these pallets/containers available in '65 ?

Air cargo shipping has been around for a long time. The military has been airlifting supplies on "pallets" for quite some time -- think "Berlin Airlift" in terms of the scale they've dealt with. I'd imagine they had pallets of this size (or even larger) back then -- the military uses rather large cargo aircraft.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

The year clock that we brought will be unpacked once we can get to the stowed gear. We don't know where that is.

Year clock? Has that been mentioned before? What did it run on, Batteries?
Seems it would have been an effective way of keeping track of how much Earth time passes.

Anyone find it a strange coincidence that Bill Ryan comes to America, San Francisco I believe, and we have an update!! I wonder if Bill met Anonynous in person and this is how he is confident that the source of the update is genuine. Probably not, but my minds always working!! lol

Regardless of the update scenerio, Thank you, Bill, for passing it along!!

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Smells like hoax.

I'm back to my initial reaction after this last installment.

How can anyone think for a moment that the narrative posted today were entries in an official journal.

At best, this is bad science fiction from 1964 repurposed for a DIA counterintelligence ploy. At worst, Bill Ryan is being played. At the very worst, Bill Ryan is playing us.

Bill? What is your analysis of today's contribution from Mr. Anonymous?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If this was a movie somebody couldn't pay me to watch it!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
All of the postings from last year seemed to follow a pattern of being from the same person with the same tone, if you catch what I'm saying.

This new posting seems to have a different flow to how its worded and its tone. I'm sure most of you have noticed that.

It's as if you could discern two different writers now.

Could the difference be explained by subtracting Victor Martinez from the equation?

Bill Ryan claims that this "installment" came to him directly, and that he posted it verbatim.

The last post was supposed to be "virgin", too (so to speak), but maybe "Anon" decided that he could express himself more precisely without Victor's "editing".

Besides, Bill can properly archive all this stuff...

Cutting out the middle-man makes sense to me, at this juncture.

My thoughts,

Serpentime

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Serpentime]

new topics

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join