It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

truely life after death?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
is there truely life after death? this may be the case, if the governments of the world knew there was would they tell us? why would they? it would most proberbly lead to mass suicides, mass riots and mass distruction. more people would be more willing to take more chances because there would be a "easy way out" if a god created this earth would he want people who are alive to be able to contact the dead or vice a versa? i feel not. i believe if you asked a true believer to prove they are 100 percent sure i think they may turn down the oppertunity if you know what i mean!

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Only if you believe and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Savior. Revelation 22:12

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It is possible to know if there is a life after death. This can only be proven through direct experience however, not with dogma, theories or beliefs.

Each individual has to do this by themselves. Direct experience cannot be gained through listening to another's experiences. For example, if the government told the public that there was life after death, do you think the majority would believe the government?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yes and it is so well structured and loving, death should not be feared.
This is my clinical death experiences and I was told to spread this message.
For your perusal..

nderf.org...'s_nde.htm

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I agree with Akashic that it can only be proven to one's self. I don't believe that anyone, whether government or an individual, will ever go public with proof that there is life after death. You cannot give scientific proof. And if you did, the majority of people would think you were nuts and wouldn't listen anyway. The only way that it could possibly proven that there is an afterlife, would be if "classic" ghosts managed to manifest physically and be witnessed and recorded on multiple occasions by many people, and tell everyone that there is life after death and what it is like. Because in most cases, the only people who know are the people who have been there.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If there was proof of life after death then this 'life' would be very different. Most peoples morals are based on the fact that life is sacred, which I believe it is. If that was not the case, and people 'knew' that there was much more, then life here would radically change.

I have first hand experience of the 'afterlife', but that has only ever led to more questions. I dont think the human individual can understand the truth.

I think the 'soul' knows the answers, and is the true existence that moves on, not the human side of an individual. I think that the human side influences the soul and that infact the souls entire reason here is to 'learn from life'.

Then of course it could all just be about 'life force harvesting' I do not know, but then I think we are not suppose to know, for above reasons.

Weird ain't it?

[edit on 30/11/05 by Strodyn]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strodyn
If there was proof of life after death then this 'life' would be very different. Most peoples morals are based on the fact that life is sacred, which I believe it is. If that was not the case, and people 'knew' that there was much more, then life here would radically change.

I have first hand experience of the 'afterlife', but that has only ever led to more questions. I dont think the human individual can understand the truth.

I think the 'soul' knows the answers, and is the true existence that moves on, not the human side of an individual. I think that the human side influences the soul and that infact the souls entire reason here to 'learn from life'.

Then of course it could all just be about 'life force harvesting' I do not know, but then I think we are not suppose to know, for above reasons.

Weird ain't it?

I had no thoughts for nor against when I had cancer,,IOW, I was an agnostic.
TRUST me, I would much rather have been on the 'other side' since 1965 than still having to deal with this planet's madness everyday..
I still had my personality, conscience, etc, all that is missing is the flesh.
Simple, huh?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reading your link now

The Universe is the opposite of Chaos.

That sent shivers up my spine and has made my eyes water!! That is pretty damn profound, and I am not even sure why?

My experience was not anything close to what was in your link, I am still to this day concerned that I was still thinking in my brain/body and witnessing events from there despite knowing everything I feel spiritually was projected elsewhere.

Any explanation would be good siriuslyone

I will of course now go look up all your posts

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reading your link now

The Universe is the opposite of Chaos.

That sent shivers up my spine and has made my eyes water!! That is pretty damn profound, and I am not even sure why?

My experience was not anything close to what was in your link, I am still to this day concerned that I was still thinking in my brain/body and witnessing events from there despite knowing everything I feel spiritually was projected elsewhere.

Any explanation would be good siriuslyone

I will of course now go look up all your posts

Did you see the movie defending Your Life with Meryl Streep? Get it, as that movie shows how well run the Universe is..
I am glad my experiences touched you..thank you...

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Did you see the movie defending Your Life with Meryl Streep? Get it, as that movie shows how well run the Universe is..

I have not, but will definite have a look for this weekend

When I think of what happened and read passages like your own, it really changes me. My ignorance and the consequences of that has led to apathy, so it is good to reinforce the reasons for living a 'good' life by reading other peoples experiences. It is good to bring that 'unknown' part back into ones life.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

I have not, but will definite have a look for this weekend

When I think of what happened and read passages like your own, it really changes me. My ignorance and the consequences of that has led to apathy, so it is good to reinforce the reasons for living a 'good' life by reading other peoples experiences. It is good to bring that 'unknown' part back into ones life.

Bless you, I can feel your essence.
I know life is hard, but if we can just remember if you cannot take it with you to the otherside, then you are just borrowing,,all that matters is what we do to/for each other..

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
truely life after death

Neutral comment:
Nobody knows and nobody is in a hurry to find out.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
truely life after death

Neutral comment:
Nobody knows and nobody is in a hurry to find out.

seekerof

Wrong. Just because you don't know and you aren't in a hurry to find out, doesn't mean that applies to others.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by carluk
is there truely life after death? this may be the case, if the governments of the world knew there was would they tell us? why would they? it would most proberbly lead to mass suicides, mass riots and mass distruction. more people would be more willing to take more chances because there would be a "easy way out"...

I thought the majority of people who follow one religion or another already believed in life after death so I am confused why you think their would be a sudden change in how everyone reacts to the news. I suppose atheists might go "oh really, that is interesting." Getting yourself killed and especially committing suicide is not an easy way out. Well it may appear that way to many people but I believe you commit a very bad sin if you commit suicide. I suppose repercussions might be an eternity of suffering in hell or coming back here as a lower life form and getting chased around as a rat in a sewer or something worse if you believe in reincarnation.

If you think of your life here as a learning experience or a chance to help others in some way, you might be able to carry something useful with you into the afterlife. If you do believe in the afterlife, then the brave ones (all of us here reading this) may keep volunteering to come back and be born back into this physical dimension and temporarily forget everything we know when we are as a spirit.

Unfortunately, a few people in the Middle East and a few terrorists believe you get rewards in the afterlife for murdering everyone opposed to their cause. If only they could get a glimpse of the really hot place where they were actually going to go I think we would all have a more peaceful world to live in. I do believe there is good and evil here and in the afterlife. I believe those who don't believe there is evil have been deceived. It just seems like only an evil ruler in the afterlife would deceive so many that he didn't exist and would go to extremes to make a few people believe they will get fantastic rewards by doing evil things.

Ram

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Since i was born.. I had memories..Of past lives..

I have to deal with it... It's easy to forget... And sometimes it comes back to me...
I like a memory...But it's not my memory...but someone elses...but me.
It's a part of my person today..
And it's even part of the reactions i have against war and violence..Rape and murder...On this board.
I have a very strong feeling against rape...And sometimes...I understand people just a little bit TO MUCH!!
Many people have told me... quote: "I have a strong sense you can see strait through me!"...

People don't like that...And i have to work with that...in this lifetime... Not to cross other peoples barriers like that.
If i start talking about what i really know - then fasten your seatbelt - cause im fast!!...
Or so they ask me if im on '___'...Yea one day - a dude asked me if i was on '___'...
That is how high i can get...Without...Being on anything...At all.

So that is extremly different to have that extra gift...And it cause lots of trouble...Cause - i see too much!

So mostly i walk around - In a hypersleep stage of mind... Cause i can't tell everyone what i know...Cause it can cause havok... Mental stress...And confusion.
So i tend to act as everything is normal... And just try act as ignorant. Even though im not.

Yes - there is life after death - and death after life.

And funny - someone mentioned - if we knew there was life after death we would commit suicide...
Uhhmm...hahaha...That is so... Well..
Im still here... Cause i know!! there is life after death - and because i know suicide - is a bad exit...
You will just fly around like a mental nut case if you commit suicide.. End of story.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
If the gov't knew what? If there was life after death? I would think the opposite if they knew there was not an told us it would cause people to go nutty. Like how people tend to believe there are aliens and we are nothing well I don't believe it but take it as true imagine if that got public?! All the zealots would be killing eachother.

I think we would be more at peace if we knew of the after life and such maybe less tensions for us who doubt. I would say I am pretty sure there is a God understanding God is the hard part when man has tried to describe God over the many years.

I think we will find out soon enough sadly.

Originally posted by carluk
is there truely life after death? this may be the case, if the governments of the world knew there was would they tell us? why would they? it would most proberbly lead to mass suicides, mass riots and mass distruction. more people would be more willing to take more chances because there would be a "easy way out" if a god created this earth would he want people who are alive to be able to contact the dead or vice a versa? i feel not. i believe if you asked a true believer to prove they are 100 percent sure i think they may turn down the oppertunity if you know what i mean!

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
What about the Jews,Hindus,Chinese and Japanese oh yes the Indians etc
Do they just go to hell or just die!

Originally posted by zoso28
Only if you believe and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Savior. Revelation 22:12

new topics

top topics

join