It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Police Discriminate against White People.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
White people are being turned down a job at the Avon and Somerset Constabulary just because there white. I can't seem to find a anything on the internet but it was on the local radio and newspaper.

The police tried to justitify this by saying something along the lines of "We need more of minor ethic groups to help represent the people we serve". I do not see this as anything near justified and am appled. If this was reversed imagine the up-roar. How could this possible right in the politically correct age we live in now. The city I live in (Bristol) could do with alot more police, how this will help I do not know.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My son had his rejection letter from the Gloucestershire Police today.

He is 20 years of age 6ft plus and built like a tank.

Oh and he is highly educated as well.

However the application pack he received did state that preference would be given to ethnic minorities so he cant complain ..... can he .... can he ?

It really is a disgrace that reverse racism can be practised like this.

I wonder what the uproar would be if I had a "white only" policy for my company.

It is political correctness gone mad and I feel both sorry for my son because he would have made a very good police officer and for the community at large because they are not going to get the best value for money.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sadly this is typical of the trendy liberal left now ruling the roost in the UK.

As my name suggests, I live in Spain. I am an immigrant In their country. Some of the local population don’t hide their contempt for me because I am an ‘outsider’, a ‘giri’, a foreigner, even though I have made every effort to learn their language, to enjoy their way of life, to contribute in a positive manner to the local community and to generally assimilate myself and my family.

I ask nothing of this country. I pay substantial taxes and social security. I acknowledge that there are those that will never accept me because of who I am, but that is the cross I have to bear for living here. I go into a shop, queue up to be served and find the Spanish will ALWAYS serve their own kind first and make me wait. It isn’t fair, but it is their country so I have to get over it.

If ever I or my family need to see a doctor for medical treatment, I don’t expect the state to provide a translator, or for notices in the surgery to be in my mother tongue because I can’t be bothered to learn the local language.

I do not expect the Spanish taxpayer to pay for my housing, my kid’s schooling, our clothing, our food, our medical treatment or anything else. If I asked for such favours, I know full well that the Spanish authorities would give me a very rough ride indeed. Quite rightly so.

The police here are known to be very hard, extremely tough. As a result, nobody answers them back and they are respected by all. They have no ‘quota system’, otherwise half the police force here would be Moroccan. Do you think the Spanish people would accept that? Not a chance. That does not make them racist, it means they just don't like foreigners in their midst.

So why the hell do the British people sit back and allow a small minority of trendy liberals spend their taxes on sponging ‘asylum seekers’ who are in no more danger in their homeland than I would be in the UK? Why do the British people allow the creeping sickness of political correctness to take over every aspect of the country?

They say that we get what we deserve. If you want a pink and fluffy police force, by all means sit back and let Liberty and all of those other trendy causes celebres tell you how to run your country.

I am glad I left, but how I wish I wasn’t.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by Englishman_in_Spain]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
That is very harsh news JayKew. To be honest something really needs to be done about this. I've noticed its not been covered in any "major" news style. So lets see what we can do. Ill contact a few people with the story,see what we can do.

This bloody country is going down a very bad route.
First we soften the police and give them feather ticklers,Now we have mobs of teenagers ruining 1000s of peoples lives because there is no control.

We soften the army,The "You cant shout at me" thing means what we saw in the news recently reguarding the Royal Marines will happen alot more.

Iam all against forms of discrimination and this really takes the biscuit when my grandfather and mother fought for Britains freedom for their grandsons to be refused the RIGHT to do they job they want.. I just dont see any sense in the way Britain is heading.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is just minor. Its just new. Its only to make the police more equal in people and thir races. The real problem is in Northern Ireland. Since the English came, the republicans have been treated like dirt and its an outrage, and im fed up with it! Yet all you can talkabout is foreign people geting in the police! Oh, and by the way, we have come under constant attack from the protestants and the cops do nothing, but they arrest people when the protestants get attacked. They even allowed the murders of innocent catholics! Now who do you think is getting discriminated against??

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
what annoys me most is those bastards in Lyon, France, at the moment who're running riots, and undertaking violence and crime against innocent people. TELL THEM IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT THEY CAN GO HOME BACK TO THEIR COUNTRY!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha TELL THEM IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT THEY CAN GO HOME BACK TO THEIR COUNTRY!!!

How very caveman like, most of the time this is a discussion board for articulate people having mature debates and then someone like this comes along spreading the ignorance, maybe you need to see why this has happened in france, how many black/asian people do you see on TV and in positions of power in ratio to the population, mr le pen with his propaganda, it is one of the few countries in which a foreigner born on french soil does not qualify for a french passport.

I am not discriminating, im at work and one of my best mates is french.

And sticking to the thread, I am an Indian born in the UK, living in London and I completely agree that it is insane that skin colour is a factor when being employed with the police. For the father whose son was tuned down despite being more than capable, you CAN take action against them.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
A person should be hired for a job based on their credentials not by the color of their skin. I'm sure more police are needed in Britain just like everywhere else. No qualified person should be turned away from the police force.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jagzz.

And sticking to the thread, I am an Indian born in the UK, living in London

By saying this you show the very symptom of what is causing so much racial unrest. If you considered yourself assimilated, you would have said you are British, but of Indian ancestry.

Clearly I live in Spain, but I do not go around crowing to the Spanish about the fact that I am English. I make every effort to integrate, to adopt their ways and customs, to speak their language and not to attract attention to myself for being an immigrant.

This is the problem in the UK, not the fact that British people are racist, but simply that they do not like seeing whole areas of their cities being taken over by people who make no effort to integrate and want to turn their corner of Birmingham, Coventry or the whole of Leicester into little India.

I am not a racist, I abhor discrimination of any kind, but when I see people coming into Europe (not just Britain because other countries have the problem too) with the sole intention of taking what they can out of the pot, without ever having put anything into it, nor intending to in the future, I can not be the only one who feels we are being taken for mugs.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayKew

It really is a disgrace that reverse racism can be practised like this.

I wonder what the uproar would be if I had a "white only" policy for my company.

This isnt directly directed at you jaykew, so please dont take offense. But, I just cannot stand how people call it "reverse" racism. Racism is racism, it did not start with whites and blacks/other minorities. It has been occuring for many many years. Racism is racism, there is no "reverse". It infuriates me that minorities ( wich the white race is quickly becoming ) believe that what happens to them is racism, but when they segregate themselves, such as in some churches where i live and hangouts/resturants, and the like it is ok. But when a minority is denied a job they freak out and the NAACP and other groups for minorities rise up and demonstrate/march. The idea of racism in this modern time is skewed in just about every country of the world. Yes, racism is present, but people take it to far out of context for the wrong reasons. What happened in the past, is just that THE PAST....many many groups of people have been slaves in the past all races it seems at some point or another, but we dont use it as an arguement to get what we want. Dont get me wrong I have many minority/colored friends. I go to school with them all day....as a matter of fact in my programming classes of 20+ i am one of only 6 caucasions in there. Funny thing is many of my minority friends have the exact same view on racism as i do....it seems that the newer generations are drifting away from it, wich is a good sign to me. hmm

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thank You for this enlightening thread.

I am an American born and raised, and we have had similar quirks in our governmental and educational system.

We had a law called "affirmative action" which encouraged the very same thing. It has been since repealed if I am correct because of the false equality and balance it enforced. It became so that even if you were an impoverished white person, the impoverished non-white got first consideration for educational grants and jobs.

In a perfect world where everyone was all middle class or better, and we didn't have to fight to work or get educated this may work. However the reality is, is that our educational and vocational resources are finite.

I'm not saying one ethnicity is better than the other, but any preferential treatment over others will always hit the disadvantaged who are not so visible, the hardest.

The are more poor Latinos and Whites, than Blacks in America, but more social and economic prejudice against Blacks and Latinos here.

The root of the problem doesn't lie with less opportunity for these peoples, it lies with inadequate beginnings seen through to the end.

If the government were forced to revitalize poor inner city and rural schools with better funding, these non-poor/non-white students would be our educational equals. Hence giving them as many opportunities for advancement as the white majority. Minus of course for prejudicial and socio-economic discrimination which will always exist, becuase "MAN" is a tribal and clannish creature driven to compete against neighbor for survival and supremecy. In the olden days before mass communites existed, villages had to compete against their neighboors for resources, and if you lost you suffered, and your survival would be compromised.

This is where the us against them mentality stems from.

All in all, in order to be treated as equal, we as a global community will have to let go of our us against them survival instinct, and start everyone from the same square one, as well as supporting them educationally and economically the same as each country and government does their "preferred citizens".

Bottom line, we need to all be raised/praised and treated as equals from beginning until end, that will balance the equation.

-ADHD

[edit on 2-12-2005 by ADHDsux4me]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
A person should be hired for a job based on their credentials not by the color of their skin. I'm sure more police are needed in Britain just like everywhere else. No qualified person should be turned away from the police force.

No, no...you got it all wrong...A person should be hired based on skin color. Qualifications and skills be damned. How dare you make someone work for something. Where do you get off. Dont you know that 200 years ago, blacks were slaves? By that measure, we owe them for next 1000 years, and since the white man is to weak to stand up for anything, we must allow them to keep trampeling over what ever they want.

Anyrate, drop the nonsense about "qualifications" and "creditentials". Just do this. When you apply, tell them you are hispanic. They cant really prove that.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Englishman_in_Spain

Originally posted by jagzz.

And sticking to the thread, I am an Indian born in the UK, living in London

By saying this you show the very symptom of what is causing so much racial unrest. If you considered yourself assimilated, you would have said you are British, but of Indian ancestry.

Clearly I live in Spain, but I do not go around crowing to the Spanish about the fact that I am English. I make every effort to integrate, to adopt their ways and customs, to speak their language and not to attract attention to myself for being an immigrant.

I only said I was an Indian born in the UK for the benefit of other people reading this thread, that is not how I would describe myself, so I do apologise for the misinterpretation

I am a British Indian that is all, when I am with my mates I am English. when I am asked by any government form I have to say I am British-Asian this is what the government is labelling me.

To tell the truth I will never be accepted as a REAL Englishman

And if I go back I will never be accepted as a REAL Indian

As for parts of cities being turned into Little Indias, almost every English guy I know loves it, the fact that they are able to sample so many cultures in such a small area. Just as there is a chinatown in almost every major city.
Of course there is the down side to this, of course I am referring to people with lack of culture, heritage, traditions and values who obviously will not appreciate anything they are incapable of understanding, I am NOT pointing the finger to any particular race.

I hope that sensitive topics such as this can be discussed without prejudice, maturely and rationally, looking at all points of view

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Good points from all, To be honest I couldn't care if you called yourself something other than British, If you live here,pay the taxes and dont break the law I have no problem,you are what you where born as. Such as if I was born in German lets say I would still see myself as British because thats where my "history" belongs.

Its when the native people of a country,whos grandfathers had fought for the very survival of its people, are ... lets say abused in this way is what gets me.

If India done it, I'd be mad. If Germany done it, I'd be mad. If Spain done it I would be mad. Theres no answer for this.

Never should race be a factor in any judgement of character or qaulities.

Englishman in Spain, What you are doing is what an immagrant should do,and I praise you for it! I have a few polish people working with me and there English is outstanding! They dont ask for any "special" treament and I see them as good British Citizens. I also hold the very upmost respect for any none british person who joins something like The Police,or the Firebrigade or even the Army. These people are trying there best to help the country they've choose to live in. Why do our "own" people have to .... us about. ?

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is a very interesting topic...I've heard a little bit about such matters, although we don't tend to get them in my neck of the woods.

I think one of the main issues is over compensation. Spliff4020 made the good point (albeit in a roundabout manner) that we are desperately trying to right old wrongs, but at the cost of the present. When these ethnic minorities were campaigning for rights in their new homelands, all they wanted was equality. What they seem to be getting is equality, and in some professions preference, as a sort of apology for how they were treated in the past. The way I see it, they have the equality every human behind deserves, so why do we need to make ourselves unequal to accomplish it?

Also, to expand on Vowles point a little bit, these people are BRITISH citizens, and as such are entitled to the full rights and privileges associated with that status. A British Citizen's rights do not in any place, way, manner or form say that "you will be considered superior/inferior/more eligible for a job depending on your racial heritage." I am sure 99% of people part of an ethnic minority would not complain if they were denied a job and given a valid reason. (ie - insufficient qualifications) That 1% will sometimes try to sue the company/organisation, which I believe is the result of the Fast Food - Fast Cash society we now live in. All citizens are equal in rank and privilege, regardless of skin colour, race, language, or family history.

[Edit: Some typos corrected]

[edit on 2-12-2005 by AlphaOfTheOmega]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I can understand the anger here. I am a caucasian Englishman, who was raised in the U.S.A. I had one hell of a time getting into university in the states, because I "checked the caucasian box" on my applications. My best friend got a spot in the same course because he was African American. He had lower S.A.T. scores than me, and an overall lower G.P.A. when we graduated high school. I was gutted to say the least. I ended up getting my degree at a technical school, because I didn't get any scholarships to the universities I was accepted to, and I couldn't afford the payment scheme they offered.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I just moved here to the U.K. and was quite annoyed when I saw the article in the paper. Its sickening. Who cares about color when you simply need more cops out there to keep some semblance of order?

Its just sick. This is exactly the thing that fuels the fires of racism and unrest in a society. You cannot blame the minority people, really. They arent the ones who set up these stupid regs. Its the moronic ultra-liberal upper class white people who think that anything punishing poor whites, who are the scum of the earth according to them, is good for society.

it is their actions that inflame racial hatred, the very thing they claim they are trying to destroy.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hi, I just found your thread. Just wantt add, it's the same in America. It's reverse racism. Plain and simple. In NY you have to take a police test to get in. You can get a 100% on test, but if a black or spanish person get's an 85%, and police department needs other then white, they'll acept non-white first to fill up non-white postions. It's sad really when you think about it. It should be best man for the job, and that's it!!

Originally posted by Vowles
White people are being turned down a job at the Avon and Somerset Constabulary just because there white. I can't seem to find a anything on the internet but it was on the local radio and newspaper.

The police tried to justitify this by saying something along the lines of "We need more of minor ethic groups to help represent the people we serve". I do not see this as anything near justified and am appled. If this was reversed imagine the up-roar. How could this possible right in the politically correct age we live in now. The city I live in (Bristol) could do with alot more police, how this will help I do not know.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It is called affirmative action here in the U.S, and I do not see why there is a problem with it. Of course it should be the best man for the job, everyone knows that. But...

What happens when you have two applicants applying for a job, both of different ethnic backgrounds, who are both equally qualified? Is there really anything wrong with picking the ethnic minority in an effort to have a more "multicultural" work force?

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Affirmative action is the problem. That's the whole point. There shouldn't be any affirmative action, period. There's no but's, that's where the problem starts. No to your point of if they same the same score, and pick a non-white to make it a "multicultural" work force. I have no problem with that at all. But to choose a LESS qualified person to fill up non-white positions is totally wrong. Non-whites in america have more opportunities then whites these days. For example. I served my honorable time in the US Navy. I came out with money for college. I applied to ST. Johns for Pharmacy. After a year I didn't hear anything from the school, so I called. After speaking with someone from administration, she basicly told me that I wouldn't be accepted for two reasons. One was because of my age?? I was 24 at the time. Second was because I'm white. That's just totally wrong in any way you look at it!

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
It is called affirmative action here in the U.S, and I do not see why there is a problem with it. Of course it should be the best man for the job, everyone knows that. But...

What happens when you have two applicants applying for a job, both of different ethnic backgrounds, who are both equally qualified? Is there really anything wrong with picking the ethnic minority in an effort to have a more "multicultural" work force?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join