It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars? Pics.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ok, i am neither for or agaisnt this idea. but am intrigued by these pics.

www.checktheevidence.com...(Question%20Mark)_files/image010.gif

www.checktheevidence.com...(Question%20Mark)_files/image012.gif

This is the high res pic of the crator with a dome inside????

So ATS people, whats your take on these pics?
Natural anomally? structures?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's that dome place in Disneyland.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I'd like to know who supplied the picrures and where they came from, please.

before i would give an opinion.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
ida.wr.usgs.gov...

Its a credible source.

Also in that "check the evidence" bit, see how he asked them directly what they were.
And the answers he got.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by Denied]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floh

I'd like to know who supplied the picrures and where they came from, please.

before i would give an opinion.

www.checktheevidence.com...

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

www.msss.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The 'T' shaped thing has me intriqued. If that is really a picture of mars, it would really support a definate 'something' there.

More info on the 'T' shape structure??

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
He sent a request as to what these are here it is..........

To try and get a qualified opinion about how some of these features may have formed, I sent an e-mail to someone on the Beagle2 team (the ill-fated UK-built Mars Lander) and I included the original links to the dome structure, shown above and a fairly comprehensive analysis I had read elsewhere (palermoproject.com...).

I asked could they explain the features of the Dome Structure, or even provide a model (briefly) for how it may have formed. First, I got this response:

“They look like longitudinal dunes to me. It would be nice to get the topography, but Mars Express will only have about one third of the resolution at this latitude.”

Then I got this response:

“…these are natural features, as with 'the face', which was subsequently shown to be a collection of hills. The human mind is of course pre-programmed by evolution to identify patterns and assimilate them in to 'pictures' we recognise. More data is required of such features to fully identify.”

It seemed to me that there was not much information in these responses, so I persevered a little more. I sent these pictures to 42 geologists picked at random from University Geology departments in the USA and the UK. 3 of them actually were kind enough to respond. This response came from an Associate Professor of Geology:

These two images from the surface of Mars are certainly puzzling and have been floating around UFO web pages for some time. I am sorry but I do not believe in big conspiracy theories and that the government is trying to hide something from us concerning Mars or any other planet. I believe that we still have a lot to learn from Mars and that we should keep our minds as open as possible for interpretations that do not necessarily conform with what we are used to on Earth…"

Comments, any other pics like these??

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The "T" shaped thing:

Source:

Andrew Johnson ([email protected]), Sept 2005

"The second image was taken on 16th July 1998 and can also be found on Malin Space Science Systems.
From the information on these pages, I calculated the line running in the "1 O'clock" position to be roughly 4.8km – over 3 miles - long! It then intersects at right angles with another feature about 2 miles long! Why has this incredible feature not been analysed more thoroughly?"

www.msss.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
wow great find.. Sorry I don't have much to add.

But that is very interesting

[edit on 29-11-2005 by noslenwerd]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

mod edit: reduced image size to restore page format.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Let me give you the whole Mars conspiracy in a nutshell. I have no doubt that there is some real mind blowing stuff going on on Mars and our governments know it. What they have to do is take the peoples' minds off of Mars. They send these rovers up there and they send back pictures of basically nothing. The TV and internet are flooded with these pictures of nothing. Soon the people get tired of looking at pictures of nothing and don't want to be bothered with Mars anymore. They trust that the government will make them aware of any important happenings on Mars should they occur. Of course this will never happen.

We the taxpayers paid for those rovers. We had a right to know when they were launched and how they landed. We have a right to see the pictures, so they give us a million pictures of nothing. Now we're so bored with the pictures that we really don't care anymore. They know we won't ask questions anymore for fear of being bored out of our minds.

That is how it works. That is the trick to manipulating the people.

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hey Dr. ....Well it seems anything like this they have a plan for, ie aliens etc.
Cover up over cover up.
I get what your saying about manipulating the public's view on things.

Imagine a world where nothing like this happened.
That the government had our best interests at heart.
**and suddenly i awake**

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Ok, i am neither for or agaisnt this idea. but am intrigued by these pics.
So ATS people, whats your take on these pics?
Natural anomally? structures?

Hey Denied,
The internet as many websites devoted to Mars Anomilys, some more credible than others, but nobody can deny that some of pictures of Mars available on the net are quite incredible, i've put a selection of pictures i've found to video,

Life on Mars

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
obviously these photos are faked. i can't believe that nutwackers fall for this stuff all the time!

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Some pics might be faked , but go to the NASA website and look at the Mars Rover Pictures . None of those are faked, and there is some really fascinating " spheres" and what looks to be fossil Stromatolite structures.

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

See the Microscopic Imager: Photo's , there are thousands of raw images and they are fascinating!

Here is a picture of a fossil Stromatolite from Earth. Look though the Raw Images from the Mircoscopic imager and there are structures on Mars that look like Stromatolites.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
obviously these photos are faked. i can't believe that nutwackers fall for this stuff all the time!

OH MAN OBVIOUSLY!! I'M WITH THIS GUY!!!

Totally fake, guys.

Fake, fake, fake!

NASA faked these images and uploaded them to the usgs.gov website. Totally.

Zip

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
No one here seems to understand that you wish for there to be life on other planets so much that you are willing to see stuff that isn' there. come on!

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Can anybody please reply

I just had this image in my head and it showed an area on mars with a mound of earth and inside showed what seemed to be a rectangle of sorts - that was supposedlt something under the mound that u see on the surface. I'm sure i saw it on these forums - but now i'm not sure. Please can some1 show me the lin or thread so that im not going insane

Cheers

[edit on 29-11-2005 by Arawn]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
No one here seems to understand that you wish for there to be life on other planets so much that you are willing to see stuff that isn' there. come on!

I disagree - most people know that the brain seeks out patterns when presented with data. Also, much (if not most) of this website's membership is highly skeptical of ETs and whatnot.

So a bunch of people are in this thread asking each other what the hell is going on in these pictures. Nothing wrong with that. If you read the links, you'll see that the official explanations are simple variations of the line "we need more data to explain what these natural features are precisely composed of." Kind of lacking, but understandable.

Zip

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join