It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: US mercenaries Randomly Shooting Iraqis

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I saw this before and its nothing but murder. Did someone get banned for posting it?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Malichai,

How do you know it was murder? How many people were killed in the video? How many wounded?

It seems to me that you watched the video and assumed all kind of things based on what you saw. Is that really fair? I know this is an emotional issue to many, but you really don't know anything about it.

Here is an Aegis photograph. How many people died? Did Aegis shoot the car and force it off the road? What happened? Was this car a car bomb or was it full of local Iraqis?

[edit on 19-3-2006 by Trunk Monkey]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Here is another picture of the same car. Is that a security contractor's SUV on the right? Is the hatch open because he just shot this car? Is there any military around? Why are these people leaving and not staying to help?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I just saw this video for the first time last night, tonight I found a news article in the Telegraph on this video here...
Link
According to truthout.org...

www.truthout.org...
This video first appeared on a web site that has been linked unofficially to Aegis Defence Services.

This is actually the third video I have seen of these private contractors riding around shooting at people. Pretty nasty stuff.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Why are these people leaving and not staying to help?

Because someone just sprayed them with bullets, and they didn't want to stick around for more?

What would be your reaction?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
the guy that started this thread claims he lives in Florida yet he hates his country that much? What is wrong with him? If many of these people think they will act any differently under the same circumstances then they are fooling themselves.

Wig

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
the guy that started this thread claims he lives in Florida yet he hates his country that much? What is wrong with him? If many of these people think they will act any differently under the same circumstances then they are fooling themselves.

Have you seen my proposed solution to the cause of this incident? Can you find any fault with it? Is it not the Geneva convention for occupying forces to provide security to civillians?

Is questioning your countries governments actions unpatriotic? On the contrary I have heard a quotation of some long gone president maybe Lincoln which he says it is your duty to question the actions of your government....please provide it someone, it was given in a speech of a female FBI agent who blew the whistle on the documents she found linking the government to the 9/11 (I think).

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

Why are these people leaving and not staying to help?

Because someone just sprayed them with bullets, and they didn't want to stick around for more?

What would be your reaction?

Actually, the burning vehicle was mine. H2 Hummer with full armor. I was riding in the passenger side. Car bomb went off by it on April 13 2005. AP reported that 5 local Iraqis were killed and 4 contractors injuried. Al qaeda's web page said we died

Truth was that 11 locals were killed by the bomber and 2 of us wounded. Military showed up shortly afterwards and secured the area and gave first aid to the locals who were not killed. We left to take care of our wounded at the near by medical base. We only had minor burns to our faces and hands.

This is the kind of threat we have to deal with. The next week, another Aegis team was hit and one of the guys died near this hit. Later that month, a peace activist from the US was killed by a car bomb near this spot when another team was targeted, and she was driving too close.

Last week, Aegis lost another person to a car bomb in Mosul.

The threat for us is real and that is why we have gunners in the trail vehicles. Rules of force are clearly outlined on what we have to do against suspected threats.

BTW, I enjoy this forum and a lot of the information here is of use to us in getting a feel for the political situation.

Wig

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trunk MonkeyThe threat for us is real and that is why we have gunners in the trail vehicles. Rules of force are clearly outlined on what we have to do against suspected threats.
Why don't you have high intensity strobe lights to warn approaching cars not to approach? Seems a logical thing to do to me.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We have had strobes for about 6 months now. We also use pen gun flares to warn them. The flares work very well.

The average for having to resort to shooting is now 1 in every 110 missions run, and that is warning shots. I am not sure about other companies, but it is probably the same.

About two weeks ago shots had to be fired at a truck that had some insurgents in the back of it. They pulled out weapons and started to shoot at the team, and the team fired back while driving away.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trunk Monkey

Actually, the burning vehicle was mine. H2 Hummer with full armor.

What the heck are you doing in a vehicle like the H2 Hummer? Im surprise you even brought one to Iraq. The H2 Hummer is meant for the civilian world in peaceful times, enjoying the ride, enjoying the luxuries and to intimidate the drivers in smaller cars. Not built for war. Even when armored.

Should have gotten the RG-31 Nyala.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Didn't you hear the President today? Iraq is so much better off than it was three years ago. Aren't you paying attention? You must be one of those traitors who's saying the Iraq War was a mistake.

I'm optimistic that the men and women of our military who come home from Iraq will rebuke the current Administration after having seen the truth. Several (that's more than 2) recent polls have shown exactly that: That even the military know that the Iraq War was a bad, bad idea.

And it's not like nobody knew this was going to happen. I remember hearing a lot of voices who were crying out that we were getting into another Viet Nam, that this was going to be an illegal, unpopular war. But they were shouted down in the atavistic din of blood lust.

President George Bush must thank his lucky stars every day that congress is controlled by a tame, corrupt group of Republicans, because if there were honest people controlling the legislature, he would be facing impeachment, prosecution for his illegal spying on Americans, and most probably war crimes. Republican or Democrat, I only pray that the people who are elected in November believe in our Constitution as much as I do, and that they've got the courage to stand up for what's morally right.

This war has brought shame on America. We, who once were the beacon of freedom to the world, have become hated for what this group of thugs has done. And to use the fear of the populace to achieve their cynical ends is cynical beyond belief.

Despite how dark it looks today, I believe that finally people are waking up in America. They're seeing the hole that has been dug for us of debt and moral culpability. Add to that the emergence of hundreds of thousands of troops who will be moved to act by their experience in the horror-show of Iraq, and I predict that within the next decade there will be change in this country like never before. It'll make the revolutionary zeal of the 60's look like a cocktail party by comparison.

I like to read blogs written by soldiers in Iraq, and even moreso the blogs written by the men and women who are only now coming home after their tours of duty. These are people who know the truth, and no amount of Fox-news spin is going to silence their anger. When the poor men and women who were sent to that desert without the right equipment and with no plan (or a bad plan) come home to take their place in society, we're going to learn from them what I thought we learned from the veterans of the Viet Nam war. You think those VietNam vets were angry? Just wait...

Sleep well, America.

Wig

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trunk Monkey
We have had strobes for about 6 months now. We also use pen gun flares to warn them. The flares work very well.

If you are straight up, that's a good thing then. It only took you 2.5 years to come up with the idea then, I came up with it in 5 minutes after watching this video.

But I guess my point still stands that strobes should be mandatory (by law) for all security vehicles and there should be a nationwide TV campaign to tell the public what to do when they see the lights come on.

[edit on 21/3/2006 by Wig]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join