It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Some Subjects Verboten In General Chit Chat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I just saw a thread hit the trash bin for no reason, that I could see.
Is it because the thread was on the topic of suicide?

Above Top Secret 4.0 » Moderators Only » Trash Bin » Commiting suicide out of curiosity?
Sorry, you are not permitted to view this forum

What topics are just not allowed in here?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think the mods trashed it because this is BTS, not Jonestown!

Peace

[edit on 28-11-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Committing suicide (or at least advocating it) is generally illegal, thus against the ATS T&C rules, as well as being in bad taste.

As long as the topic doesn't violate the T&C, it's usually allowed in this forum though.

[edit on 11/28/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
On a couple of occasions I've come across a thread where the thread was locked and a mod would say since this is a duplicate thread, go discuss it in the other one, only to find that the other thread was thrown in the trash or locked as well. :bnghd:

[edit on 28-11-2005 by Junkheap]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
While I don't think the topic really advocates committing suicide the staff mad a good call in trashing it. Some minds are impressionable and might want to try doing what the thread was talking about. ATS probably wouldn't be held legally responsible, but I would certainly feel guilty if something happened to someone after reading that thread if I didn't delete it.

The topic was should of been more like "do you wonder what happens when we die?" instead of bringing up suicide.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Committing suicide (or at least advocating it) is generally illegal, thus against the ATS T&C rules, as well as being in bad taste.

As long as the topic doesn't violate the T&C, it's usually allowed in this forum

I had read the entire thread up until the last person posted, and not one person suggested that they would commit suicide, and certainly no one posted anything that would have avocated it. As far as bad taste, I wish we had the thread back to review because it all seemed OK to me.
This was not my thread, but it was interesting. I'd like to know how to find out who trashed it and why?

I think i'll go review the T&C again.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Country Soul
I had read the entire thread up until the last person posted, and not one person suggested that they would commit suicide, and certainly no one posted anything that would have avocated it. As far as bad taste, I wish we had the thread back to review because it all seemed OK to me.
This was not my thread, but it was interesting. I'd like to know how to find out who trashed it and why?

The name of the thread was Commiting suicide out of curiosity? for heavens sake.

The name alone should have that thread banned regardless of what the content was.

How can you have a thread called Commiting suicide out of curiosity? and it not advocate, discuss or hint at suicide let alone be in bad taste.

Good bye evil thread, may you stay gone forever and a fortnight.

- One Man Short ®

[edit on 1-12-2005 by One Man Short of Manhood]

top topics

join