It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd telephone noise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The phone rang yesterday as it always does. However, on this one, there was no one there. There was an odd, faint sound, one I can't even describe except that it felt like it was drawing me in, pulling me. It took some effort to hang up and after, I felt indescribably odd in my mind - like I needed to do something. I stood there shaking my head vigorously to try and remove that odd feeling. After several minutes, I felt ok, but something was seriously wierd about this.

Has anyone experienced such a thing before? No, I am not crazy!!

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I won't pass judgment on your sanity (as of yet
)

but even though you say you can't describe it, what did it sound like?

was it an eerie silence, white noise/static, bells or beeps?

I get the wierd echo thing on my phone all the time, I'm fairly convinced that my phones are tapped by "them"

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

but even though you say you can't describe it, what did it sound like?

was it an eerie silence, white noise/static, bells or beeps?

I guess it was a bit like white noise, but it seemed like the frequency fluctuated. It felt magnetic. I didn't want to hang up.

I don't know what to think of it yet.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I've had this sort of stuff before, sometimes i think it could be just pranking...i feel the opposite to what you did, i don't like the silence 'build up' because i know something will probably jump out of the silence and make me jump
...so i just put the phone down lol. Usually lousy call centres.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I know when I got broadband about 18 months ago I had a hell of a weird noise on the line..more like a static sound and a touch or a high freq. sounds. I had filters installed on each of the 7 phones in the house and it seemed to take care of it for the most part. I might reccomend that you call your provider and ask them to test your lines. This is usually free if you have the like the line insurance. I know verizon only charges under 4 bucks a month but if there is a serious problem with your lines, they will or should rewire them according to my service. This is especially good if you live in a lighting prone area.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I have plenty of static. I used to be heavy into CB and ham radio. Was pushing over 500 Watts at one time with an antennae that was about 150' high.

This sound was truly wierd - it had a drwaing in effect. I thought that maybe others have heard this too, but since there have been no other replies stating that they've heard this too, then I can only come to the conclusion that it is nothing.

Thats good to know.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I can't explain your odd feeling. No offense but it could be PEBCAK syndrome. (Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard)

One plausible explanation, though, could be one of those little ringing bugs that turn your phone into a microphone for remote eavesdropping even after you hang up. If you suspect that's the case, get your hand on a buttset to tap your phone line, have people in your house talk near any phone sets. If you hear the conversation trough your buttset while all phones are on hook, be afraid, this mean a stranger could have walked into your home to install his little spy toy. Private investigators would use that kind of toy, are you cheating on your wife/husband by any chances, or are you working with sensitive trade secrets at work? Hire a professional to do counter-surveillance sweep in your house for electronic spy toys.

top topics

join