It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meaning of Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The meaning of life is to happily pursue the meaning of life until death, when the meaning of life is explained to us, and we spend the rest of eternity tormented by the task of finding the meaning of death.

Wouldn't you rather be alive?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I would rather be alive. My friend's father once told me this: Every morning, we wake up to go to work. We work for money, and use that money to buy food. We eat the food, thus nourishing our bodies and continuing to live. The end result of this is that we take a dump. With that being said, wouldn't the purpose of life be to take a dump?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I thought the meaning of death was self-explanatory, that it happens to find out the meaning of life in your case.

I'd like to be alive, because I don't know what's after life. If I ever found out, many pressing questions would be alleviated; in which case, I wouldn't be afraid to die, though I would certainly like to continue living until my time is up.

Death is more about fearing the unknown after life in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
We all have a purpose.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If we focus too much time on why we are here, I believe we will lose some value of what we do while we're here. We are here to live until we die. To keep a species alive, that seems to be the purpose of any living being. So, in a sense, what you do with your life may make you genetically immortal. I would love to know what happens after death though. That is the true question. Not "why are we here?", but "what's next?" No living person can say that they know what is in the afterlife. That brings in a whole mess of other questions and theories.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
According to Monty Python in their movie "The Meaning of Life"

The meaning of life is "52"

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
According to Monty Python in their movie "The Meaning of Life"

The meaning of life is "52"

Please, please delete your post asap, trust me.

Its "42", and comes from Douglas Adams Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
OK skippy, not sure about the number but Monty Python had the same concept or plagerism, which ever the case may be.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
No, the meaning of life is to enjoy the passage of time.

One of my fav sayings. Even though I don't enjoy the passage of time. Still good saying

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Actually, 42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question about Life the Universe and Everything. The Earth is actually a giant computer, and 5 minutes before it figures out the Ultimate Question (which nobody knows, just that the answer is 42), it will be destroyed by a Vogon Constructor fleet to make way for a Hyperspace Bypass.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Neccesity is the meaning of life, IMO

You do what ever is most nessecary in the situation you are in.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So, are you saying we are all just mindless beings reacting to situations and milling about only to fulfill neccesity? Seems pretty boring to go on living if thats the case...:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
No, we're part of a giant computer, and all of our actions are the program, and are solving the Question.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Zaphod lets "hitch a ride" lol.

Anyway I think the meaning of life is also about curiosity.

new topics

top topics

join