It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Bush ducks questions, shames country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Run away!! Tough Questions in a foreign land!!

George W Bush has had his exit strategy from a Beijing news conference foiled by locked doors.

The president was looking for a quick escape after apparently becoming annoyed with reporters.

"Respectfully, sir -- you know we're always respectful -- in your statement this morning with President Hu, you seemed a little off your game, you seemed to hurry through your statement. There was a lack of enthusiasm. Was something bothering you?" he asked.

"Have you ever heard of jet lag?" Bush responded. "Well, good. That answers your question."

The president then recited a list of things of that he viewed as positive developments from his Beijing meetings, including cooperation on North Korean nuclear disarmament and the ability to have "frank discussions" with his Chinese counterpart.

When the reporter asked for "a very quick follow-up," Bush cut him off by thanking the press corps and telling the reporter "No you may not," as he strode toward a set of double doors leading out of the room.

The only problem was that they were locked.

"I was trying to escape. Obviously, it didn't work," Bush quipped, facing reporters again until an aide rescued him by pointing to him toward the correct door.

Washington Post

Such a stellar figure - erudite, glib and always a commanding figure, no?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Such a stellar figure - erudite, glib and always a commanding figure, no?

Saw that. I'd be amazed if he wasn't neck deep in a bottle by now after that. All the 'leaks' over the years about his actual personality are anything but rumors anymore. He's just a blantant jerk right in public now.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hey, you two: Bout Time and RANT?
Really does not matter what Bush says or does.
Why?
Cause according to the two of you, as with some others, the "blatant jerk" shames this country irregardless.

This topic is nothing but another 'a' typical Bush topic designed, created, and perpetuated to make Bush look stupid, more so than he already makes himself to be.

But hey, I am in a mood to laugh today.
It was funny, wasn't it?!

seekerof

[edit on 21-11-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Bush ducks questions, shames country

Again?!?!?!

"I was trying to escape. Obviously, it didn't work," Bush quipped...

Ahh. But he still has his sense of humor!

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I guess we're shamed because most Americans are supposed to have a sixth sense to detect locked doors before they try to open them?

I really don't see the point in this, other than a thinly veiled attempt to attack the President... :shk:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I guess we're shamed because most Americans are supposed to have a sixth sense to detect locked doors before they try to open them?

Kind of embarrassing after rudely refusing to answer press questions, and then trying to get off like a hot-headed little bad ass.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
oh come on guys/ gals does this look like the face of a drunk

external image

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I really don't see the point in this, other than a thinly veiled attempt to attack the President... :shk:

I'm pretty sure you and I both know why the author commented "shames country", its not because he tried to leave through a door that was locked, its obviously because he was very brief and vague when answering all 6 of the questions he took, more or less avoiding any real answer while throwing the subject off course...which is how he handles a lot of his press conf.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Why?
Cause according to the two of you, as with some others, the "blatant jerk" shames this country irregardless.

This topic is nothing but another 'a' typical Bush topic designed, created, and perpetuated to make Bush look stupid, more so than he already makes himself to be.

....maybe you boys should drop out of defensive sycophant mode for a hot minute, take in the pan-O-ramic view, and realize the forum it was posted in!

There was no design or creation....unless you believe I choreographed the condescending manner of refusing to answer simple questions and hissy fit stomp off the podium.....no son, that's all ya boy!

No, you don't need a sixth sense....you need the gumption any former CEO (hell, even my junior staff shows more professionalism - who are we kidding) should demonstrate in one of the most fundamental parts of the job.... PUBLIC SPEAKING.

Nothing here thinly veiled, should be straight between the eyes for everyone but the true believers.....which is what - maybe 30% of you ( with 90% of that number thinking *cue Blondie* Rapture is around the corner & he's the sheppard!!
)

[edit on 22-11-2005 by Bout Time]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I thought it was funny as hell. looking at a President's face when he finds himself in a personal difficult situation. he has some humor.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Why?

Eh, I don't even get offended or worked up anymore. I actually find Bout Time's endless collection of cleverly worded (But usually lacking of any substance) mud that he uses to sling at president Bush kind of cute.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
For the record, I think that Bush is a terrible public speaker.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Not one of you gop supporters even asked the question of 'why' didn't he 'elaborate' on one of those 6 questions, why dodge and then run?

He gives the reporter attitude about jet lag, ever heard of that'?? like a 12 yr old, then goes on to tell another reporter that he won't answer that question.

He's a sure softy, acts all tough when the terrorists knocks down buildings (supposedly) and speaks w/ force only if he has his speeches and tv prompter's in front of him, apparantly he doesn't hold an original thought or he's just so full of # that he doesn't even want to attempt to come up w/ more bs since he's come to the conclusion (or at least im sure he has or at least his speech writer's and spokesperson) that many of us find him in contradictory statements over and over again.

I can't believe people in this country dont question the president or his cabinet's motives even if they are on the same ideological team as the current prez.

what's up w/ that? is this partisan ignorance beaming through again? or is it the fact that u voted for this man and if u find out he actually is full of bs and a really dangerous/inept individual for this position, you would feel #ty inside knowing that you helped shaped the current state of this country? just curious.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Just more classic George Bush video.

I cant wait for the best of season 2 to hit stores !

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The only part that I saw in the video was where the reporter starts to ask "Quick follow-" and Bush cuts him off and leaves. Is there a full video? Is it possible he was simply out of time, or told not to answer any more questions?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
While I think it was rude of Bush to walk out of the press briefing I dont think the event is PTS worthy. I can see how some people would view Bush walking out as symbolic of his admins actions.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Not one of you gop supporters even asked the question of 'why' didn't he 'elaborate' on one of those 6 questions, why dodge and then run?

Well... He's the President.

Maybe, I dunno, he had something "important" to take care of? Could have been something else on his mind at the time. I guess he could be a jerk... But I'd still drink a beer with him over Gore any-day.

join