It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with the sun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Its meant to be quiet, but its having a few fits...
www.earthfiles.com...

Astrophysicists are scratching their heads about what's happening on the sun and in our solar system. Why has this so-called "Solar Minimum" been so active?

It should be quiet now with very few sunspots because this is supposed to be the low point of the Sun's 11-year-sunspot cycle. But this week, there was a sunspot called 822 that's 87,000 miles across - the size of the planet Jupiter! Could it erupt with more powerful X-flares as has happened the past few months.

Big flares threaten all the broadcast, global positioning and military satellites that now orbit our planet. As I've reported before in Earthfiles, the sun is not "normal." Is it warming up? Earth's North Pole and Mars's South Pole are melting at a surprisingly rapid rate. Even far out Pluto seems to show some melting. Is the sun a bigger player in all this than originally thought?

The Clash were right!!!

The ice age is coming, the suns zooming in
Engines stop running and week days grow thin
A nuclear error, but I have no fear cause
London is drowning-and I, I live by the river

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think this might just be another anomoly with the scientist calculations. They cant predict everything you know.
Anyway, as long as it doesnt blow up now its fine

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The 11 year cycle isn't based on enough data to be reliable, that would be my guess. After a few million years scientists might have a better set to work off of, but for now it's pretty slim.

This is probably just another layered cycle, maybe it's a million year interval, and we just don't have the data for it.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
The ice age is coming, the suns zooming in
Engines stop running and week days grow thin
A nuclear error, but I have no fear cause
London is drowning-and I, I live by the river

You lie!!!
You live near a swamp!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't know about the sun but I am looking at a theory of the moon slowing down a bit.

If the magnetics of the solar system are out, it will cause a butterfly affect and there may be more solar flares an our poles may be changing quicker than expected.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
I don't know about the sun but I am looking at a theory of the moon slowing down a bit.

If the magnetics of the solar system are out, it will cause a butterfly affect and there may be more solar flares an our poles may be changing quicker than expected.

Well you do know that eventually the moon's gravity effect on us will turn us into a geo-syncronal orbit around each other
. Making one "day" roughly a month. That would be pretty cool if i could pull all nighters during that
. This would all happen in a couple million years; sometime when the Andromeda Galaxy combines with our own (Milky Way)

I wont list the sources here but just try to google all the key words if you want.

new topics

top topics

join