It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi "May" be dead - again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well sounds like a great headline right?
Don't get your hopes up because although they say he may be dead, they also say it's not credible to believe it.
Althought it matters little anyway since this type of 'news' is just aimed at re-enforcing a doubtful belief that this guy even exists.

AP - US authorities are looking into whether al-Qaeda in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed in a gunfight in Mosul, a US official says.

But a White House spokesman said al-Zarqawi's death was "highly unlikely."

"Efforts are under way to determine whether Zarqawi wasamong those killed," the US official, in Washington said,speaking on condition of anonymity.

White House spokesman Trent Duffy, travelling with US President George W Bush in Asia, said the report was "highly unlikely and not credible."

news.syd.ninemsn.com.au...

Well tune in next week folks to see if the artful dodger gets away!

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My neighbor once said of AZ "Now thats just about the hoppinest, jumpinest one legged dead man I ever did see."

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
do these terrorists have 9 lives or what?
kill them once and they pop backup lol

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

When did we say we definitely killed him and then he showed up again? I never heard a report from the military or government saying we killed him. Sure other "news" sites around the Internet sometimes claim he died but they are not really all that trustworthy and its only that site making the claim. Just because some website says he's dead over and over does not mean he has 9 lives or something... it could be that the site making stuff up or getting their info wrong.

In Washington, a U.S. official said the identities of the terror suspects killed in the Saturday raid was unknown. Asked if they could include al-Zarqawi, the official replied: ``There are efforts under way to determine if he was killed.''

That means we have no idea if he is one of the dead or not.

[edit on 20-11-2005 by andpau66]

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Go ahead and crack your jokes about it, but this is dead serious stuff for us Americans who back up our soldiers.

al-Zarqawi has killed and maimed alot of our boys and butchered many more civilians. He's not an invention of the CIA, he's a mad-dog and we're gonna put him down like a mad-dog.

Im sure we Have Delta-Force and Force-Recon soldiers hunting him day and night like a Jackel and I have confidence they will get him.

Maximu§

[edit on 083030p://000 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Go ahead and crack your jokes about it, but this is dead serious stuff for us Americans who back up our soldiers.

al-Zarqawi has killed and maimed alot of our boys and butchered many more civilians. He's not an invention of the CIA, he's a mad-dog and we're gonna put him down like a mad-dog.

Im sure we Have Delta-Force and Force-Recon soldiers hunting him day and night like a Jackel and I have confidence they will get him.

Maximu§

[edit on 083030p://000 by LA_Maximus]

What if it turns out that he IS a CIA creation and the soldiers your defending have been used as pawns also to complete an objective? How would that change your scope of things?

Thats not a dig at the soliders, so don't take it disrespectfully, i'm just interested to know what your outlook would be like on this war if it became undoutably true as it's suggested? Have you ever wondered what you'd do, think, say if you found out that you and your soliders had been used to achieve business goals?

It doesn't change the mission of the soliders, they aren't the ones directing this, they are just following orders. If they are told al-Zarqawi exists and is doing this, why would they not believe their superiors? That's not the issue.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
He's not dead, he's just not walking! Yeah that's it! I hardly believe what the news agencies over here in the States say because they are government run. I might not even believe it when even Rueters confirms it though.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

He's not dead, he's just not walking! Yeah that's it! I hardly believe what the news agencies over here in the States say because they are government run.

WTF??? Is the NY Times government run? Is the Washington post government run?
We never said he was dead, only that we're not sure, after all it’s not like it’s easy to find out who the bits and pieces left after a bomb goes off belong too, especially when you probably don't even have their DNA.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

What if it turns out that he IS a CIA creation and the soldiers your defending have been used as pawns also to complete an objective? How would that change your scope of things?

Let me put it this way, if the CIA is truely behind this al-Zarqawi and we had hard evidence to back it up......we regular Americans (left and Right)would RIP down the CIA headquarters with our bare hands and shut down the whole agency...forever.

I can't bring myself to beleave an American agency...charged with our protection would create a terrorist to kill and maim fellow Americans and Iraqi civilians.

Maximu§

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
What are the European news agencies saying about this story? I'd like to hear from something other than a U.S. controlled agency. Often if you want the truth you have to look elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

join