It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ah feels good to be back. I have been all over the damn place in days.

Anyway what do you think Satan is? Created by man,god or book?

Does anyone belive in the 2nd coming? If so there has to be an anti christ before a christ. Anyone know of the creation of Golems? If it is possible to create a Golem wouldn't it be th ebelief of the masses that will create an antichrist?

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Satan is Hebrew for "the enemy" or "adversary." It is a generic term with many applications.

Obviously, the fundamentalists of any religion imagine Satan is some guy in a red suit who is sneaking around the house.

Satan is our ego. Our false mind-made selves, that feed off our thoughts and emotions when we identify with them. Satan is not a myth, it is a living reality inside ourselves.

People have been misled into idolizing forces that lead to great suffering. In truth, this entire humanity is Satanic, because of the worship of the animal mind and the hynoptism of matter and sensation.

[edit on 20/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thats the best answer yet! What is all this talk about second coming about and anti christ? Was there a Jesus
? It seems the legend of Orion is the same thing and whatever egypt had was a similar concept. Any idea
?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by japike
What is all this talk about second coming about and anti christ?

Personally I see the second coming as a return of the Christic consciousness on the collective level. This will lead to a golden age, in which the ego no longer rules.

The anti-Christ is literally the opposite of this. It may manifest itself through an individual person, or on the collective level.

Was there a Jesus
? It seems the legend of Orion is the same thing and whatever egypt had was a similar concept. Any idea
?

Any answer I give is solely my opinion. We can only know the truth through direct experience. Everything else is theory, dogma or belief.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Anyway what do you think Satan is?

...a fictional character based originally on Venus (Judaism), and later on Jupiter (Christianity).

Does anyone belive in the 2nd coming?

Yes. It will happen in ~23,000 years. "Christ" is the anthropomorphization of the age of Pisces, which will happen again in about 23,000 years. The end of the age (the age of Pisces) is rapidly drawing to a close as we enter the age of Aquarius, which explains the end-times hysteria. It's as if subconsciously, the Christians recognize their religion is rooted in astrology.

You should look into astrotheology. I think you may find it compelling. Many believe that King Tutahnk-amen is the crucified savior character that formed the basis for Joshua and eventually Jesus. His temple treasures are earily similar in proportion to the Hebrew temple treasures, so perhaps there's something to that speculation. I strongly suspect Judaism (and thus Christianity) have their roots in Egyptian mythology.

But regardless, to an outsider Christianity is clearly rooted in the stars.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
Satan is Hebrew for "the enemy" or "adversary." It is a generic term with many applications.

I've also heard it originally meant something like "The Accuser". Anyone elso also hear this?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

Obviously, the fundamentalists of any religion imagine Satan is some guy in a red suit who is sneaking around the house.

Satan is our ego. Our false mind-made selves, that feed off our thoughts and emotions when we identify with them. Satan is not a myth, it is a living reality inside ourselves.

People have been misled into idolizing forces that lead to great suffering. In truth, this entire humanity is Satanic, because of the worship of the animal mind and the hynoptism of matter and sensation.

Yep, that's about the gist of it.

To get more specific:

Amir Fatir - Hamzah: The Sound of Silence

...The Gods Hu and Sa

In the Egyptian system, Hu meant will. But the Arabic system associated Hu with Sa to the point that the Arabic word for Sa (Shay) came to mean will.

The Egyptians understood that two wills operated in woman and man. The "ordinary" will was symbolised as Heru(Horus)(ed: Tiphereth) while the divine will was symbolised as Tehuti(ed: Chokmah). It was the work of the initiate to bring the Heru(human)-will(ed: Human Soul) into accord with the Hu (divine) will(ed: Chokmah/Tehuti).

When the two wills were at odds, the result was (in Arabic) shaytaan. Shaytaan (Satan) actually means "two wills". (The word shayt means will and "aan" means two)...

[edit on 22-11-2005 by Tamahu]

new topics

top topics

join