It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!Attention!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Across the lake, hmm... My best guess is that he's from Michigan, because I'm in Wisconsin and lake Michigan divides the two states. Just my guess though.

And you said we're near eachother? I tried looking for this object one night at a star party I was hosting and I couldn't find anything like it. I watched the eastern horizon really close, but I couldn't find anything of that description. But it was a bit obscured horizon at that, so there might have been something I missed.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by coney
Okay, so...

I've been keeping my eyes out for oddities in the sky, and last night I saw an incredibly active blinking star that was white/purple/green.. It was directly down from Orion's foot. 11pm, EST, due East. Stars just don't do this, they never have.

Just to note, I'm not any kind of Astronomer but I do enjoy looking at the night sky with the naked eye. I spent last week in Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands and noticed this same phenonmenon low in the sky near Orion and noted to my girlfriend how odd it was blinking colours. I passed it off as just a star.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Is there anyone here that could possibly film a minute or two of these things to see if there is a pattern happening?

The same colors come around again, over and over, but in really fast succession, so you can't catch it with the naked eye/telescope.

If there is a pattern, we are NOT seeing a star, we are NOT seeing a planet, nor a satellite of any kind, we are seeing an intelligent object in the sky that is not "ours".

good lord, I need a better telescope.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Amazing concept! Most astronomers here are only looking at their computer screens.

Can any of you inform me about this anomalous object I keep getting cam shots of--for two or three hours at a time?

This one is from Friday night at San Jose California--with the crescent moon in the photo and a huge, dimly lit sphere:

This one is from July 26th at Casey Station in Antarctica--

Identical.

So, what's going on, boys? What is this BigBadBoy?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Holy cow, that's either one hell of a photoshop job or it's real.

I'm going with reality. You see the moon in the first picture to the left, with the big lighted ball near the edge of the picture. I've heard of sightings where people see a huge ball light up for a moment, but 3 hours? Wow.

ADVISOR, is yours just a dot, or a big ass glowing ball like this?

[edit on 11/23/04 by diehard_democrat]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
(blank)

[edit on 24-11-2004 by airfoil]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
!!!ATTENTION!!!

here are photos of sirius going nuts with these colors as it has been doing for several months to a couple of years now. these are undisputable. these photographs have been taken with a FujiFilm s5000 digital camera from austin, tx on 11-23-04 at around 11:15 pm. the photographs are taken over a period of 2 seconds at f/3.2 in order to show how the appearance of the star is changing colors so very dramatically over such short periods of time. they are only recorded in zigzag lines so that more time may fit onto a single photographic representation. the star photographed is not moving in any way outside of the ordinary path it traverses across the night sky.

it's hard not to enjoy these.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
alright, sorry about all those blank replies above, but apparently ATS can only show one uploaded file at a time or something. i don't know. but for now, one photo will have to suffice until i can find out how to keep the others from disappearing after another is loaded. oh... well.... again, sorry about all that blank reply nonsense. computers rule.

-brian

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
i have no idea what i am looking at here, what can do this, what can change color like that?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It's because the rising heat waves from the Earth's surface generate distortions in the atmosphere, hence constantly changing the wavelength of the light up and down the spectrum. This is why it scintillates white, blue, purple, green, and other colors.

There is very little, if even any chance of Sirius being a sattelite, because ancient civilization records found showed a bright star in that spot.

I believe it is possible that Sirius is indeed an alien sattelite, though.

[edit on 11/24/04 by diehard_democrat]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Sirius is changing colors like that (apparently). I have read from multiple sources that these are starships positioned in between earth and each of the stars that is doing this in order to mediate the energy that is coming from the star to earth. This is referenced bluntly in the Arcturian Star Chronicles, by Patricia L. Pereira (specifically volume three and four), which can be easily found on amazon.com where reviews (of which all four books have received five-star ratings) can be easily found as well. these starships are said to be here for the purpose of mediating energy that is coming to earth from these star systems for the purpose of aiding in humanity's and earth's transition into the Photon Belt in our galaxy. The Photon Belt was discovered in 1961 by scientists who had no idea what it was, and was named a nebula: the Golden Nebula. Though the Photon Belt cannot be adequately described by words, its purpose and function has been elucidated by numerous spiritual books on the subject of the transition of this planet into the new age of being, more well known as the Aquarian Age. This is in exact correspondence with the Mayan's understanding of what is to happen in the now-near-future as well: the clock system that the Mayans have left us to study depicts very clearly that time will end in the year 2012, A.D. This does not mean that the world will end; instead it means that temporality will end. It means that our sense of feeling time as something that has characteristic features such as 'before' and 'after' will come to an end, and the conscious experience of eternity will begin.

The Mayans' calender system is correspondent to Earth relation to the stars. It is a system based on absolutely astronomical calculations. It is also astoundingly accurate in its efficiency in organization, mathematically, of temporality. Before the atomic clock system, it was definitively one of the most accurate clock systems known to man. The calender indicates the earth's precession as it points its north pole toward different stars over a period of approximately 26,000 years. What this means is that today the earth's north pole points to the star Polaris, but it is always changing ever so slightly, such that at a later or earlier point in time, it will or would have pointed toward a different star. So (almost) every 26,000 years, the earth's 'north star' comes back around to point to the same star that it pointed to 26,000 years prior. Apparently this is a cycle of the universe that has a high significance in terms of correspondent events between the terrestrial and the celestial realms.

It is said (in absolutely numerous places) that at these conjunctions, in which things align into a perfect harmonic correspondence with one another, changes occur (and have occurred historically) on earth that dramatically change its organization of being. 2012 A.D. is the end of the latest 26,000 year cycle (as well as even greater harmonic cycles), and is therefore supposed to create an alignment which is up to this point in time unprecedented. That is a main part of the reason why these starships are here: to help us transition into this new age of Light in which there will no longer be what we understand as 'yes' and 'no' in the universe, but instead simply 'yes' and 'greater yes.' It is the simultaneous evolution of both the Earth, its inhabitants, and the rest of the galaxy. That's how important our position here on Earth is right now.

The reason that it is so important for not just this planet is in part because of the nature of cycles and events. The Photon Belt can be understood to intersect, perpedicularly, the galaxy that we are in. If we picture the galaxy as a horizontal disc, then we can picture the Photon Belt (whose diameter equals the diameter of the galaxy) as a vertically positioned disc with respect to the galaxy. As such, it intersects the galaxy in two general places: opposite ends of the circumference of the galaxy. These points at which the galaxy (as it turns on its axis) enters into the Photon Belt are points of potential evolution, as they are in correspondence to spatial harmonics of the pattern of the universe. Whatever enters into this Belt of Light receives the energy that such Belt is and represents. This energy is absorbed by all beings who wish to consciously evolve into cooperative functionality with the universe that is ultimately their true nature. So getting back to the reason that Earth's position is so important, we can see that anything that would enter this spatial harmonic of the local universe at the same time as a temporal harmonic of the universe were occurring, such as the 26,000 year cycle and ven greater cycles of relevance to the universe, would literally stand as a focal point of energy for the whole galaxy's evolution.

Of course this is a lot to take in, but it is indicated (by the Mayan Calander as well as literally countless spiritual texts) that Earth is indeed an occupant of such a position to be at the focus of the entire galaxy's evolution. Right now, nearly all of the attention throughout our galaxy is being placed on us because of this monumental position that we are privilege to.

This brings us to why higher-dimensional starships would choose to place themselves in the line-of-sight between our planet and the stars that we can see. They are here in order to help as much as possible (in conjunction with the spiritual hierarchies that are aiding the Earth's transition as well) the process of evolution that is going on with every passing moment. As we enter into the Photon Belt, all things are accelerating their vibrational rate. This is unavoidable, because entering into a realm of higher vibration such as the Photon Belt mandates that all things entering must vibrate in correspondence with its own higher vibration. This is where the choice of evolution comes into play for humans. We may choose to vibrate along with such energies and benefit unimaginably from doing so, or we may choose to continue destroying things and unavoidably ourselves in the process of doing so.

As we enter into this Photon Belt of Light, we are receiving more and more energy into our being. This is unavoidable. But what we do with such energy is absolutely up to us. What will happen is that the directions that we are sending our energy and attention towards will simply have more energy amplified into them in correspondence to the rising level of energy that our beings are naturally taking in from such an encounter with the Photon Belt. So if we are currently involved in the destruction of ourselves (individually), then we will be receiving and therefore giving more and more energy to this end, which will not last for much longer no matter how we try to sustain ourselve while doing so. If, on the other hand, we choose to consciously cooperate with our environment and universe, then we will accelerate our being into the Light that is evolution.

This information is not from any one source by any means. It is a collection of knowledge that is found at least partially in vastly numerous sources across the world. By far, though, the most significant place where this information can be found is in our heart. Here, all information as to the understanding of absolutely anything can be found when bias and vested interests are set aside. This is where everything will come from in this new dawning Golden Age of Light: the heart.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by airfoil]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
... what if all this energy just shakes us apart--will from spirit?

... That's no fun.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
... what if all this energy just shakes us apart--will from spirit?

... That's no fun.

Well, I don't mean to sound entirely too blunt, but as I understand it, anyone who chooses discord over harmony, darkness and confusion over light and revelation, separation and competition over unification and cooperation, will do exactly that: be shaken apart by the very intensity of Light that they are shunning by doing so. This does not mean the end by any means for those that choose such a way of being. The only thing that such an overload of energy in their being would result in is moving on to the next life without stepping up the evolutionary ladder. It means that they will find themselves in another realm that is very similar to the current realm we find around us, but that such realm will not come across another opportunity as this one we currently find ourselves with for a very, very long time. In other words, they will simply repeat another cycle of, say, some ten thousand years of reincarnations leading up to a similar climax of such a cycle as we are currently witnessing.

One thing needs to be clarified here. There is nothing wrong with any choice. Choice is a representation of freedom, and there is no wrong answer. There is only correspondence to choice: if we choose one thing, we will receive what we have chosen, and there is no way around that. This must be repeated for emphasis: there is nothing wrong with choosing not to cooperate and evolve with the universe. But it must be understood that if such a choice is made by the individual, his evolution to the next step of being will have to be postponed until the next cycle for opportunity comes along.

Choosing not to move on to the next form is not something that is dire or horrible in terms of the absolute. But it is true that the phase of existence that we are now coming to an end of has represented what appears as 'dire' and 'horrible' situations from the perspective of being in them. The stage that we are currently coming to an end of has represented the aspect of ourselves that loves to hurt itself. It has been the age of confusion: the addiction to pain and drama, which has also shed new light onto the notions of pleasure and peace. It has been an absolutely necessary step toward, and in order for, the next era of being that we are currently approaching. As a collective being, we could not have moved on to the stage we are now approaching without going through this era of experiencing apparent strife. Now just as our collective being could not move past this age of learning from experiencing discord, so too must our individual beings learn from this experience as well.

The learning here being spoken of is equivalent to accepting the capacity for withholding the energy that comes as a correlation to moving on to the next phase of existence. Without the conscious ability to store these greater levels of energy, there is no way for our being to exist consciously within and throughout them. Another equivalent of this learning amounts to a level of responsibility. If we are not responsible enough to direct energy in a manner that will allow for the rest of the universe to function harmoniously, then we will not move on to the level of receiving and being this new energy that is encompassed in this next stage of being.

The universe works on Order. The only reason that discord exists is for the greater purpose of freedom. Without the choice to experience separation from our environment, and thereby discord in our being, there would be no agent to allow for us to consciously choose cooperation with our environment instead of competition with it. The learning here being spoken of is the learning that destruction is self-destruction: that competition is competition against ourselves.

What this amounts to is the understanding that we are our environment, and that cooperation is the means by which we enlargen our perspective of our own true being, and thereby consciously evolve. Evolution is simply moving back to our true identity with a conscious understanding of what we're doing as we're doing it. Our truest identity is Unity, but the only way to grow from that is to separate ourselves from such an obvious disposition by moving into a form of being completely opposed to unity: multiplicity. Multiplicity is represented by the individual. By limiting our conscious understanding of ourselves, we create the illusion that there is such a thing as being 'apart' from anything else. This is correspondent, then, to granting ourselves the choice of seeing and treating things as if they were separate from us. This is where competition comes from. And so by giving ourselves the choice to hurt ourselves, we are granting ourselves the opportunity to see what will happen when things are able to fall apart.

Without discord and isolation, nothing could ever possibly fall apart, and as a correspondence to this, there can be no way of imagining a purpose for cooperation without the option for competition. With cooperation as the only imaginable option, there is no choice involved, and we just are happy without knowing what happiness really is. The purpose of separating ourselves is to give ourselves the knowledge of why it makes sense to cooperate with ourselves. So then, upon experiencing this new understanding of what freedom is, we are able to look back to the origin in an entirely new light. This allows us to work/play our way back to our true identity along a path that, literally, did not exist before we created it, thus resulting (when we have returned) in an expansion of our being in comparison to when we left our origin of consciousness.

It is an exploration: a pioneering adventure suited to the Scout that is us. And this is why there is nothing wrong with not wanting to move on to the next stage of being: because there's nothing wrong with this stage of being, and you are in charge of what you do. That is the beauty of everything: that no matter what it is that happens, there can be no such thing as truly 'inappropriate,' because we are the ones deciding what is and is not our own being.

If one decides not to leave his current phase of being, he will grant himself exactly that. Of course, eventually, he will choose to move on because that is inevitable; the only question becomes how long he would like to keep doing what he is doing to himself, whether it be harmful or helpful.

This does bring us to the matter of the nature of what is next. While it cannot be described in words what will be so very magnificent about the next phase of ourselves, it seems that a glimpse of the beauty may be obtained by imagining what it would be like to be fully conscious of both the individual and the collective aspects of ourselves.

The implications of such are truly unprecedented.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by airfoil]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I can just see this guy--waving his arms about.

Nothing wrong with any choices, eh?

Hmmm.

And what about the effects that one's choices create, for others?

No problem with that either, eh?

And what about the thoughts we harbor, to cull and harm others?

These have no effects either, eh?

Nothing to worry about; everything is automatic.

Yeah. Now I know what you're saying.

You're an astrologist. Everything happens just because ... something happens.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
I can just see this guy--waving his arms about.

Nothing wrong with any choices, eh?

Hmmm.

And what about the effects that one's choices create, for others?

No problem with that either, eh?

And what about the thoughts we harbor, to cull and harm others?

These have no effects either, eh?

Nothing to worry about; everything is automatic.

Yeah. Now I know what you're saying.

You're an astrologist. Everything happens just because ... something happens.

: )

No. I am not an astrologist. Much of astrology has led to humans completely misunderstanding themselves: thinking that things are inevitable and that we must simply forget about trying to change them. That is actually the exact kind of misunderstanding that creates the lack of change that freedom is designed to allow for. Things don't just happen. Everything is choice, absolutely. As such, there can be nothing that happens to anyone that has not been pre-arranged and understood by all parties involved for the purpose of learning from.

Thinking that anything at all can happen without our own allowance of it is the exact misunderstanding that results in persons wanting to hurt things in the first place. Now this is a very important concept: the reason that anyone wills or wants to hurt anything at all is because they don't see other things as a part of themselves.

Chance is an abstraction, just as is multiplicity. If everything were taken into account we would easily see that probability and statistics can only have meaning in terms of the multiple. In other words, chance only has any meaning in terms of things not being connected or related to one another, and that is why those who do see things as random are also those who might will discord upon someone/something else. Anyone who sees that nothing is random does not even allow for the desire to change things that are definitively out of his control: namely another's choice and freedom of will.

What this means is that we are in control of everything that we receive: we govern this by giving what we give to the universe. The only thing that we cannot control is another's freedom of choice, unless they let us, which becomes a control based on domination, which is not harmonious at all. In fact, control by domination is exactly the opposite of freedom, both for ourselves and for others.

The important understanding here is that even though we cannot control another's will to do something, there is no way for anyone or anything to do something to us that we have not given permission for on our higher level of being that has chosen what is most appropriate for us to experience to learn from.

The idea that something that has happened is useless in terms of learning is exactly the kind of perspective that leads to violence and discord. On the other hand, the idea that everything is alright can lead to two extremes in perspective. One of the extremes says that since everything is alright, then why bother trying to change anything at all. This perspective is the least healthy of all perspectives, and it is what creates the desire to hurt and destroy other things and therefore ourselves as well. On the opposite extreme, we may understand that all that is around us is alright because it is an opportunity to learn from such and make things even better than they are now, no matter how grand or gross they may currently be.

This, then, is the key difference between such extremes in perspective: one sees things as coming without permission and therefore necessarily as obligation; the other, more harmonious, perspective sees everything as the will of the universe and therefore an opportunity to advance further into harmony.

The perspective that things are random (as a correlation to multiplicity and duality) thinks that it is possible for something to happen that has not been allowed by the universe itself. This negative perspective (whether consciously or unconsciously) thinks that the universe has somehow not thought out completely what it is being. It therefore thinks that things in the present need to be changed, instead of looking toward changing things for the future. This perspective is decidedly dissatisfied with what is going on, almost no matter what it is, and will always focus on what should be different about right now. This leaves this perspective in a state of constant disappointment about things the way they are, leaving no room for learning from things the way they currentlly are in order to change the way things will be in the future.

On the exact opposite extreme, we find the healthy perspective that things are the way that they are for a sensible reason. This perspective, instead of being disappointed with things not always being the way they were expected to be, allows for the possibility that we might actually be able to learn from what is going on, and that, indeed, what is happening is happening because we are supposed to learn from it. This leaves the one who takes such a perspective with the capacity for acceptance without resignation of interest or effort towards making things even better.

The difference between these two extremes in perspective is tantamount to the difference between creation and annihilation. Both perspectives represent stages of learning that man goes through about his own nature, and as such, each is appropriate exactly where it stands. This is what is meant by the statement that everything is alright: as destruction is a stepping stone toward understanding the harmful characteristics that come from its own being, so then is this learning from destruction the movement towards the conscious creation of order. Without the impulse for separation and destruction, there could be no conscious implementation of creation: only unconscious creation.

As such, every stage of man's evolution must be taken for what it is and not compared in terms of the others, as this is what creates confusion about the purpose and nature of each of them. This corresponds exactly with the understanding that probability (as stated earlier) can only have meaning in terms of the multiple. When placed in terms of unity, or omniscience, probability has no meaning whatsoever. In other words, when everything is known, there can be no unknown that probabilities and statistics are designed to account for.

This does not mean that, in terms of the multiple, probability does not have any use. Quite the contrary, it means that statistics, chance, and probability can only have their application in terms of the multiple, and that if attempted to be applied to the unified, they present nothing but nonsense.

By thus placing everything into its appropriate context, we then cannot avoid seeing that misunderstanding can only come about under terms of the multiple trying to understand the unified. This, then, is what it means to say that discord is alright: because discord cannot ever occupy the space of the unified, there cannot ever be any sort of conflict except in the misapplication leading to the misunderstanding of the universe the way it is.

So, as becomes very clear, the strict astrologist who believes that fate runs lives is unconsciously doing more damage to his own life (and others' lives) than he can currently imagine. Once, though, this false notion of fate is understood for what it is, the individual then begins changing his ways of seeing and treating things, with the effect that his world and life become more fluid realities that are moldable to his own desire and will. As you can see I am clearly no astrologist.

But this does not mean that astrology does not have understanding to offer the sincere learner. It is merely the abuse and attachment to astrology that makes it a harmful and destructive perspective. But, then again, this is just like absolutely anything else: when abused and misappropriated, anything at all will take on the exact same characteristics that astrology does in this example. This sheds light on the wisdom of the suggestive phrase: 'nothing in excess,' or 'all things in balance,' or 'the middle way.'

Indeed it is this middle way that is embodied in the healthy perspective of seeing that everything is always in harmony, but that more harmony is always possible. In the next stage of being that is currently approaching, there will be no more 'yes' and 'no' in the surrounding universe. Instead there will only be 'yes' and 'greater yes.'

And as a side note, I'm not waving my arms around. : )

[edit on 25-11-2004 by airfoil]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
its just a space station that NASA is using to build another station on the moon. the reason you can see it is simply because its over 300 yds long. although it may not belong to NASA because i heard that it was the UN that was building that space station on the moon. anyways, i guess around 2010 they will be allowing us to visit the station on the moon and if you have family working their you could move to the moon!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
... In the spectra of experiences you are describing, whose job is it to prod in favor of the Truth when Truth is being suppressed and concealed?

... Is that midway, or toward one end or the other?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hey just remembered something:

If it was a sattelite or something else within the vicinity of the Earth it would not appear at night because it would fall within the Earth's shadow. This is why sattelites disappear after they go a certain distance from the horizon.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Now this response will no doubt sound sketchy but bear with me.

There are many occurences when people go out at night and see soemthing and jump to a conclusion. Generally these people have no nowldge of whats even going on. WHat i mean by that is they have no astronomy info in their minds so they dont know if what they are seeing is normal or a phenomena.. Space has some perty strange stuff out there so something to the untrained that looks like phenomena my in all actuality be natural. I think this is a case of just that. Advisor went outsied and jumped to a conclusion with something he saw. then saw something that was alot like it in the same place after a few nights. Its verry hard for someone with out an untraind eye to see star colors so differnt stars in his place would have appeard the "same" which would account for
1. his brightness change
2. slight position change
3. with it beign close to the horizion or 30degres above the horizion its color would appear to rapidly change due to atmospheric disturbances.

Now when advisor has reported this people on this site decide to jump to conclusions also went outsied and were in the same boat above. they looked in the same basic area saw something and did the same thing as advisor. Then as more people saw or thought they saw these things hysteria spread.

no i have no proof of any of my claims
yes im speculating
yes im givng a logical explaiation here
yes it is possible im right
yes its possible im wrong

just ask yourselfthis . How many times have you thought soemthing on a subject you were not educated in then went seek the truth to find out you were toatly wrong. even though you were sure to yourself you were right. No doubt we have all done it before. and by God i may have just dont it in this post. just think people., consider, be open

Mizar-

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
do I ever---in plain ignorance---open my mouth and stick my foot in it?

Of course! How would I ever learn anything if I didn't ask questions?

I ask God questions all the time.

Oh, well. He doesn't always answer them; but you can't have everything.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join