It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The anti-PNAC:A New Covenant with America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

I know there were originally points you contended, but what's your alternative on those themes?

Here's an old campaign platform I wrote for PTS back in early 2004. Some of the topics are not as important today, others missing. Still, it's what I have on hand in my files. Also, it's called "10 Point Plan," yet only has nine points.

Top 10 platforms.

1. Begin closing America’s borders. Erect a system of barbed wire and 30 ft. concrete fence along the Mexican border, copying the system Mexico has imposed on its own southern border with Guatemala. Persons crossing after dark will be treated as belligerents and fired upon. Detainees will be sentenced to prison before being deported. Increase the legal amount of immigration, through a fair lottery, to take pressure off those coming to America. Institute a guest-worker system, where those who are coming for a limited time, to earn money for relatives at home, are licensed as legal workers. I'd allow a million immigrants a year ( 1/2 of 1% of the population).

2. End illegal aliens access to non-emergency healthcare and welfare. Arrest, catalogue and deport them. Those caught after being deported once are given 2 years in prison, with the sentence doubling for each subsequent violation. They are deported at the end of their terms.

3. Institute a flat tax on all income, regardless of its source.

4. Begin the sunset of social security. Those who have paid into the system can elect to stay in it, or have their funds transferred to a 401(k), Roth, or Keogh. Those youngsters who have not paid in will not be allowed to join the system. Their employers will still have to pay 7% tax to support the current and future recipients of social security. Once the current and future recipients have passed away, SS will be ended.

5. All recipients of medical care must pay for some portion of it. Even if they are destitute, they must pay a percentage of their worth, equal to what a middle class person would pay. The same rate applies to the wealthy. I.e. if an appendectomy costs me 4 months’ salary, it should cost someone living on govt. assistance the same; it should cost Donald trump 4 months of his salary as well. The money would be pooled and paid out to doctors as a group on a prorated basis. If a doctor wants to increase his income, the only way for him to do so is to see more patients.

6. I would issue a policy catalogue listing each nation, and what our relationship with that nation is, and why. All instructions to America’s ambassadors would be totally public. This might have avoided the first Gulf War outright, and would probably do a lot to lessen tensions with our allies. I think it would also undercut the status of Dictators like Kim Jong Il, if his people realized that we had a non-aggression policy toward North Korea, and the only thing stopping us from sending them humanitarian aid is the fact that their dictator is nuttier than a guy who’s just been maced in the underwear.

7. I’d urge the expansion of oil production offshore of California, and Alaska as well. If the developers and their shareholders are forced to be responsible, I think it could be done. I’d also begin an effort to switch homes in the NE from fuel oil to coal. America is the Saudi Arabia of Coal. Fuel oil is as dirty as coal, and comes from overseas. Coal would help the SW US economy (where anthracite is), and decrease demands on our refineries.

8. I’d support legislation removing the legal privileges of the Democrat and Republican parties; I’d force the imposition of a multiparty system, by an amendment that delegates to the electoral college from a given state could split their votes. I’d also call for an amendment to the special rules in both houses of congress, to the end that all committee chairmanships are voted on by secret ballot by the entire house. I think the above steps would kill the 2-party lock on the US system.

9. I’d end the deficit over the next 10 years by reducing government spending on the arts, industrial and scientific research, NASA, and welfare spending.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join