It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patent Issued for anti gravity Device

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Apparently the USPTO has violated its rules and guidelines, patenting a device that defies the known laws of physics.

Patent Number 6,960,975 was issued to Boris Volfson of Huntington, IN, wherein the device is described:

A cooled hollow superconductive shield is energized by an electromagnetic field resulting in the quantized vortices of lattice ions projecting a gravitomagnetic field that forms a spacetime curvature anomaly outside the space vehicle. The spacetime curvature imbalance, the spacetime curvature being the same as gravity, provides for the space vehicle's propulsion. The space vehicle, surrounded by the spacetime anomaly, may move at a speed approaching the light-speed characteristic for the modified locale.

Apparently the article did appear in Nature, but I've not found it yet. I found the original article here.

I didn't read over the patent too thoroughly, as physics is not my thing. I am interested in hearing some thoughts though. FYI the entire patent can be read at the USPTO website. Search using the patent number.

[edit on 9-11-2005 by mattison0922]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I didn't realize how stupid I really am until I read that quote.

It sounds a little like what Bob Lazar was talking about.........I think.

Got any links?

Peace

edit: See, reading that quote turned my mind to mush. I started typing in Cajun all the sudden!

[edit on 9-11-2005 by Dr Love]

[edit on 9-11-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This sounds like a Warp Drive. Odd that they would allow this to be patented. Maybe they had a talk with some Theoretical Physist's as they never seem to rule anything out completely (and some have actually gone on record to say that Warp Drive is probably possible)

It will be interesting to see how this all turns out.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It's true:

US Patent Office

[edit on 9-11-2005 by AgentSmith]

link   
how about a link to the patent?

Dr Love, I speak astrophysics.

what the quote says is "it floats and flies"

link   
Here's the link.

What exactly is a "inflationary vacuum state" (from the link). Reading it it sounds sci-fi. Of course i could probably read that link 10 times and still not get.

*off to try again

cool find

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I hope this means I can finally get my hoverboard from Back to the Future 2... I've always wanted one of those...

Seriously though, if this pans out and becomes a reality, I wonder how long until NASA "steals" the key to the patent office and builds their own things.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren
Here's the link.

Rren, thanks... I didn't know you could post a link directly to the patent. Cool.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here are the references for future reference in case the patent gets taken down.

M.T. French, "To the Stars by Electromagnetic Propulsion", www.mtjf.demon.co.uk...
Evgeny Podkletnov, "Weak Gravitational Shielding Properties of Composite Bulk YBa2Cu33O(7-x) Superconductor Below 70K Under E.M. Field", LANL database number cond-mat/9701074, v. 3, 10 pages, Sep. 16, 1997.
N. LI & D.G. Torr, "Effects of a Gravitomagnetic Field on Pure Superconductors", Physical Review, vol. 43, p. 457, 3 pages, Jan. 15, 1991.
Evgeny Podkletnov, Giovanni Modanese "Impulse Gravity Generator Based on Charged YBa2Cu33O7-y Superconductor with Composite Crystal Structure", arXiv.org/physics database, #0108005 vol. 2, 32 pages, 8 figures, Aug. 30, 2001.
S. Kopeikin & E. Fomalont, "General Relativistic Model for Experimental Measurement of the Speed of Propagation of Gravity by VLBI", Proceedings of the 6th European VLBI Network Symposium Jun. 25-28, 2002, Bonn, Germany, 4 pages.
Sean M. Carroll, "The Cosmological Constant", pancake.uchicago.edu...˜carroll/encyc/, 6 pages.
Chris Y. Taylor and Giovanni Modanese, "Evaluation of an Impulse Gravity Generator Based Beamed Propulsion Concept", American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Inc., 2002.
Peter L. Skeggs, "Engineering Analysis of the Podkletnov Gravity Shielding Experiment", Quantum Forum, Nov. 7, 1997, www.inetarena...'.com/˜noetic/pls/podlev.html).

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Can anyone post the images from the patent. I am having trouble viewing them (viewing some patents never works for me)

click on the red images link at the top or bottom of the document.

I would just like to see them. The device that is, not the claims.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This part, more or less, seems to be the meat of the theory.

Analyzing the expansion of Einstainean physics offered by Li & Torr, one could conclude that gravity, time, and light speed could be altered by the application of electromagnetic force to a superconductor.

By creating a spacetime curvature anomaly associated with lowered pressure of inflationary vacuum state around a space vehicle, with the lowest vacuum pressure density located directly in front of the vehicle, a condition could be created where gravity associated with lowered vacuum pressure density pulls the vehicle forward in modified spacetime.

By creating a spacetime curvature anomaly associated with elevated pressure of inflationary vacuum state around the space vehicle, with the point of highest vacuum pressure density located directly behind the vehicle, a condition could be created where a repulsion force associated with elevated vacuum pressure density pushes the space vehicle forward in modified spacetime. From the above-mentioned cosmological constant equation, re-written as: ##EQU1##

They don't really break any laws of physics so much as cheat them, no? "Modified Space/time" as it were. Also seems to be based on alot of string theory, nano-tech and quantum theory but he describes the 'craft' as though it's buildable with today's tech....is that true? You gotta wonder why he'd feel the need to patent his idea.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You don't have to prove that an invention works to get a patent.

There are countless patents for devices that would seem to be impossible, and thats because they are.

Years after patenting his MEG, and claiming to be starting production soon, Tom Bearden has yet to even show a public demonstration of his free energy machine.

I will not believe in such things until it has been reproduced by more than a few reputable scientists.

Anyone remember Cold Fusion???

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Maybe these scientists don't have the funds to put their patents to work. I'm sure they have plenty of money at Groom Lake to develope, build, and test such anti gravity air craft. I'm sure they have been since the 80's. We'll see them one day. It is possible, just very difficult like you state.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
sounds pretty nice, i would

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Can anyone post the images from the patent. I am having trouble viewing them (viewing some patents never works for me)

click on the red images link at the top or bottom of the document.

I would just like to see them. The device that is, not the claims.

Dulcimer: Download the program called Alternatiff. This will allow you to view the images. Save them individually as tiffs, then use Acrobat to assemble yourself a .pdf. Voila!

[edit on 9-11-2005 by mattison0922]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
OK, first time trying to do this so if this works I will post links to all 7 pages of .tiffs

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
OK, that worked like a charm, here are the rest of the diagrams. Note, I only saved the pages that had diagrams. If you want to look up the patent and read the fine print be my guest. Some of us just like the pretty pictures, weeeee....

Click on any photo to see the link hosted at imageshack. Thanks for the info Dulcimer. Somebody's gotta help me, I'm addicted to ATS.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
You don't have to prove that an invention works to get a patent.

There are countless patents for devices that would seem to be impossible, and thats because they are.

Years after patenting his MEG, and claiming to be starting production soon, Tom Bearden has yet to even show a public demonstration of his free energy machine.

I will not believe in such things until it has been reproduced by more than a few reputable scientists.

Anyone remember Cold Fusion???

This borders on what I was discussing earlier today after I first viewed this thread. What does it take to get a patent? Do you need just plans and/or theories? Do you need a working model?
I'm a new guy here, this is actually my first post! I'm glad to be joining your ranks. As you can see, I'm not that informed on patents..(which, noting one of my best friends is a patent attorney, is kinda ironic.) But, this is amazing news!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thank you very much informatu. Job well done.

Now to look at the diagrams and the text at the same time.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This inventor has some really narrow claims.

1. A space vehicle propelled by the pressure of inflationary vacuum state is claimed comprising:

a hollow superconductive shield,

an inner shield, the inner shield disposed inside said hollow superconductive shield, said inner shield comprising an upper shell and a lower shell,

a support structure, the support structure disposed between said hollow superconductive shield and said inner shield concentrically to said hollow superconductive shield, said support structure comprised of an upper rotating element and a lower rotating element,

upper means for generating an electromagnetic field, the upper means for generating an electromagnetic field disposed between said hollow superconductive shield and said upper shell, affixed to said upper rotating element at an electromagnetic field-penetrable distance to said hollow superconductive shield,

lower means for generating an electromagnetic field, the lower means for generating an electromagnetic field disposed between said hollow superconductive shield and said lower shell, affixed to said lower rotating element at an electromagnetic field-penetrable distance to said hollow superconductive shield,

electric motors, the electric motors disposed inside said hollow superconductive shield along the central axis of said hollow superconductive shield,

a power source, the power source disposed inside said hollow superconductive shield, said power source electrically connected with said upper means for generating an electromagnetic field, said lower means for generating an electromagnetic field, and said electric motors,

life-support equipment, the life-support equipment disposed inside said inner shield,

a flux modulation controller, the flux modulation controller disposed inside said inner shield, said flux modulation controller in communication with said upper means for generating an electromagnetic field, said lower means for generating an electromagnetic field, said power source, and said electric motors, and

a crew, the crew disposed inside said inner shield accessibly to said life-support and said flux modulation controller.

Why did this guy stop with a space vehicle if he was smart he would have covered a multikiloton lift vehicle, methods for extracting ore from a mine
maybe even a hoverboard.

The purpose of a patent is not to introduce breakthrough physics but to make claims as broad as possible without encroaching on others claims in the field of expertise.

Basically this guys patent is completly worthless. and most likely will expire before he actually begins to build a working model.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join