It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will China beat Japan to the Moon - The new space race heats up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I don't remember the first space race but have watched several Docudramas etc and it was good viewing.
www.guardian.co.uk...
This new China V Japan contest looks like its going to kick off soon with china sending its first moon satellite (that we know about).
www.newscientistspace.com...
In searching the net it looks like their timetable even outguns Nasa and if they have a clear run in they will be their 2010 - 2015 roughly 4 - 9 years away.

So who's corner you in the Chinese, the Japanese or the outsider the US (gonna get flak for that statement) would be good if the EU would join up make it a four way contest.

For my american friends we know you have been their thats why i called this the new space race.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Even though Im Chinese and would love China and beat Japan to the race but I think Japan wil lget there first. They have more money, more technological advanced.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
i like the can do attitude and the self believe. Apart from that most things i buy nowadays say made in china as in olden days they said made in japan.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
i like the can do attitude and the self believe. Apart from that most things i buy nowadays say made in china as in olden days they said made in japan.

And how often do you have to replace "Made in China" Products
Also China has a 20 % failure rate in launches so far to date.

Also China want's to land a man on the moon ala Apallo. Japan want's to build a Base ala well whatever Japan plans to name its base as it will be a First and technically put them in the lead(world lead) so a space race could develop between JAXA and NASA eventually. Japan graduates 4 times more engineering students then the USA each and every year, I won't even go looking for comparision statistics for China but It'll probably 100 times more
Point being Japan is much more sophisticated then China in allot of aspects (and also has the benefit of close ties to the USA)

The more and more I think about it it really does seem to be the USA vs Russia all over again this time via proxy.

Don't count out India, Brazil or Isreal either.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
What are you refering to...orbiter, lander, or people?

(i'm assuming people)
I would go with China...People with no knowledge of JAXA (Japanese Space Agency) tend to think that Japan would get there first, because Japan is well known for being on the cutting edge of all things technological...but that doesn't apply when talking about there space program...they dont have a very reliable rocket, so they dont launch much at all into orbit, and they have yet to rocket a man into space.

As far as I know...and correct me if you know, But Japan does not even have a concept on the drawing boards for any future space capable vehicle.

While China has a rocket, thats pretty reliable, and has proven itself time & time again.

BTW.....just so ya know, The US is working on its next space craft called the CEV...and the Russians are working on their next space craft called the Clipper, BTW it is looking like ESA will be a partner in Clipper.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm suprised that NASA hasn't given the japanese a rocket or the plans to build a good one just so they could beat china

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think Japan should put a man in space before they start drawing up plans for a moon base. I would like to see them make their own version of the US space shuttle as that article mentioned.

One thing I would bet money on is japan having much better robots in space then China in the future. They are really cutting edge in all things robotic.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Sardion
Don't count out India, Brazil or Isreal either.

ahh, yeah...I think there allready counted out.

India is behind Japan a ways, but they are gaining ground, and Israel has a long ways to go before they start putting men in orbit...and Brazil launched there very first rocket into space just over a year ago...to even put those last two into this category is rediculous.

Heres a picture of a few realistic contenders

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
who cares....

PS:I love chinese food

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well with all the interest in the Moon (did they or didn't they land, moon buildings, etc ) It would give us a different view of things, now Russia has says it is planning to mine the moon. Well I think a new moon race is in the offing.

Anyone else feel that way or are we happy waiting to book our 200,000 dollar tickets on virgin galactic. One thing with all the leaps n bounds with technoogy why have we not got any hi definition pics/images of the moon areas where so called landings/buildings are supossed to be?

Anyway if Russia/china/US/EU/India/Japan etc. are planning trips to the moon for a variety of reason maybe some of the moon's mystery will finally be put to bed once and for all.

join