It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Silence of Colin Powell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well, it has now been quite sometime since former Gen. Colin Powell resigned as Secretary of State.

I believe his silence in the war issue speaks volumes with this man.

#1-Powell is being a good soldier by keeping his mouth shut about the situation before and after the invasion of Iraq.

#2-Powell's silence in the matter actually speaks louder than any words.

When will the soldier become a civilian and speak to the American public about the run up to war, being ill prepared for the aftermath, and the faulty intelligence that was left up to him to speak about in front of the UN.

I'll never forget the day he pointed to the two tractor trailers as the WMD production "headquarters". This I'm sure was the lowest of low points in his career.

The Bush Administration picked him for his many reasons. One is that the American public trusted the gentleman. Bush and his crew used Powell to their ultimate advantage and his disadvantage.

mod edit, remove all caps from title

[edit on 8-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I agree that it could give the public an uspun view of the reality regarding events surrounding our present situation.
I wonder if, along with the "good soldiier" element there isn't some concern for the effects of stress upon his wife's health. As I recall, her health is in some form of fragility, which was the reason he gave for not pursuing the Presidency in the 2000 elections (I think it was 2000...hmm...)

new topics

join