It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“New Scholars” Guide to the Research Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Getting Started

So your probably wondering, “Wow, I just became a scholar, where should I start and what should I get started on ”? Here is a quick reference guide (with illustrations) on where to go, and what to do when you get there.

The first step is to go over the “Need To Know” section and make sure that you have a general knowledge of what to do before starting your first project. Make sure you read this page thoroughly.

NEED TO KNOW

Now you are probably thinking, “Awesome, I have everything that I need to have, now I can start my own project!”. Slow down for a minute, there is still much more to learn! The second thing you should do is to go check out the “Research Forum Information and Guidelines”

Information and Guidlines

Not too sure about what to research? Well, we have a section that lists some projects available for research.

Project Applications and Volunteers

NOTE: If someone has already taken a project that you would like to start, do not start a new one. Simply reply to theirs BUT, please be sure you get permission from the author first via U2U before posting in their topic.

After going over all of this, you are ready to get started. Quickly go over the “Research Forum Levels of Research” to see what level of difficulty your project will be.

Levels of Research

The closing. Remember now, a Scholars position is a USE IT OR LOSE IT type situation. You must stay current and up to date with your projects. Not only this, but creating new projects also to stay current and up to date.

OPTIONAL
Ready to really get into it? This is an extra feature that is NOT required for any Scholar to do. This is a PODcast submission that Scholars can do instead of typing their project or posting. The Guidelines for this can be found here (make here a link). A sample Research Forum PODcast can be found heard HERE

Now that your all set, please U2U ADVISOR about starting a new project!

Have a good time and enjoy the Research Forum environment!

Edit: Picture Sizes

[edit on 11/7/0505 by brodband]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Topping thread as it has been buried in the mess, hopefully this recent dusting off of the forum may draw renewed interest.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

edit on 11-12-2012 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

join