It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests,Riots and human nature. Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
We have protests and riots happening as we speak and as I watched the tube I asked myself a question that I didn't know the answer to. The question was: Why during these riots and protests do we have to be so unhuman? We destroy and hurt to get a message across. We are burning buildings, defaming others property and injuring others. Is this the way to get the point across? To me I think that they are only injuring themselves in the long run. Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hi I see You/
Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Well, my thoughts are that since Adam and Eve thought themselves better to eat of that Tree in the garden that was forbidden by God, man has thought himself wise to do as he pleased.....AND man has strayed further from Good toward bad......nothing is accomplished with riots and acting with anger toward another human being.
Being full of knowledge and knowing good and bad....man has forgotton God and simply done what he thinks is right!

ONE LAW is what God gave to man.......One commandment: not to eat of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
God said, ‘Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.’"
Man did not keep that one Law.......ALL BECAUSE MAN wanted to be all knowing.....and mans mind became darkened......
Your quote///Why during these riots and protests do we have to be so unhuman?

These are my thought as to why man has become Un human....acting with violence and hatred.

Although, not all protests are done in this manner ........there are many that are peacefull and with true meaning.

IX
helen

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It is a social phenomonon that has existed for centuries. Why do we destroy our own properties out of protest? In my opinion, during moments of societal mania (e.g. rioting), people acquire the "flight or fight" syndrome, and bounce back and forth between the two. During moments of mania, a person's adrenaline level rises, and they have little regard for both the immediate and distant future.

They believe they are in survival mode, and the more their immediate environments get destroyed, the angrier they become.

It is a cycle that is very difficult to maintain. Administering authority figures merely increases the mania, as opposed to making the rioting populace feel "secure."

I believe the founders of the constitution took such actions into consideration when giving us the right to free speech and the right to assembly. They did their best to create a social Utopia, and I think they did a dam good job considering the United States' low occurrences of rioting, and an almost non-existent record of coup d'etat's.

Of course, there are exceptions. The most recent being the Gulf Coastal Region during the flooding. But this was due to a trigger beyond both the government's and the population's control. The government has responded poorly.

This is why the citizens affected by the flood request government aid, yet denounce the authorities providing/not providing the needed help.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
There are thousands of peaceful protests. You will almost never see coverage of them. What happens is that police will take away the citizen's rights during the peaceful protests. The people get really pissed and take physical action. The police get pissed and start firing- rubber bullets at first, then real. It happened in Ireland before and many other countries. It is like 2 angry people, first a shove then a harder shove and they break out in a full fight - and bystanders can get clobbered too.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
We have protests and riots happening as we speak and as I watched the tube I asked myself a question that I didn't know the answer to. The question was: Why during these riots and protests do we have to be so unhuman? We destroy and hurt to get a message across. We are burning buildings, defaming others property and injuring others. Is this the way to get the point across? To me I think that they are only injuring themselves in the long run. Any thoughts?

Anger.

We are extremely angry with something, to hold an uprising.
Due to the combined anger of you and so many around you, you feel compelled to "dash out" at whatever possible.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Because just "ignoring" minorities in a culture by that peoples goverment is wrong and cause rebellion, it's in "The Prince", if you don't believe me. These people suffered so much, for almost 30 years and over centuries in France. They are going to get together and say to each other "F- The System, until we get it fixed!" and that's all there's to it.

top topics

join