It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquidmetal: Twice as strong as titanium but as workable as plastic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I agree with you wyrdeone. How it could be used to kill someone wasn't on my mind. Protect myself, but not kill someone. I was thinking about a sweet golf club for one thing. That one might be illegal in tournament play though.

Is this something that can be recycled though?

Troy

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Its about 15 bucks a pound.

Am I the only one that has done any checking on this stuff?
Do you guys even read my link?

Does anyone know its weakness? I do.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Im not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but does anyone realize they have been making products with liquidmetal for a long time? Atleast 3 years.

Tennis Raquets, baseball bats... etc.

head.com...

www.rawlings.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

War is the catalyst for the advancement of science. we didn't go to the moon just to collect rocks and bounce around in 1/6 gee gravity. We went up there to show the soviets that USA will be number one in technology.

War is not THE catalyst for the advancement of science, war is ONE catalyst for the advancement of science. You're making a huge error in thinking that war is the only thing that has ever, or will ever, motivate human beings to invent. In fact, the first inventions were not weapons, but eating and grooming aids, termite sticks and tooth picks.

If we didn't have war we would still be picking apples off trees the same way adam and eve did.

That's a foolish and indefensible thing you've just said.

Humanity is more than the sum of its wars.

This world is ruled by death and war. Until things change deal with it.

War and death may rule your world, but they do not rule mine.

I'm not denying that war has helped invention along, nor would I seek to pretend that a human being is a naturally non-violent creature.

I think that individuals have varying degrees of potential when it comes to looking forward, over the present and into the future. We have the capability to change our destiny with projects like long-term space habitability studies and urban hydroponics, but we'll never realize any of those common needs if we can't untangle all the various fingers from the various throats.

War is a reality that I'm quite comfortable with. It is not, however, a future I would happily choose for my children.

I know I'm not alone in that regard.

spittin
Yeah, I read your link. I don't see how it has any bearing on the discussion though. So the stuff gets super hot under stress and puts off sparks when fractured, big deal. Its application will have to be governed by common sense, that's all.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm with ya on that wyrdeone! No war would be just fine with me. Personally I wouldn't like running around with my hand blown off, bleeding to death.

Personally, I'd rather be bowling or something rather than shooting at someone, excluding a game of paintball. Which is fairly safe, if you wear appropriate protection.

Troy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join